• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance Questions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddta1177

Okay, I haven't played the game but I've watched subs and i have a few questions about some of the more confusing plot elements of the game. Beware these questions contain heavy spoilers.

1.) Why does Riku have a Dream Eater symbol on his back?

2.) What the hell was Ursula doing on the Destiny Islands?!

3.) All of the characters who die during Sora and Riku's adventures, do they come back to life after their world is resurected? ( Judge Claude Frollo, CLU 2, etc.)

4.) If all of the "The World Ends With You" characters besides Joshua were destroyed when Shibuya was destroyed how did Joshua end up in the Realm of Sleep and why are they in Traverse Town? And why doesn't Rhyme have any memories?

5.) Do both Sora and Riku need to seal the Keyholes of Sleep for it to be resurected?

6.) Are these sleeping worlds in the past, like Pinnochio and Mickey and Monstro exsit in the Realm of Light too, why are they in the Realm of Sleep?

7.) Is Yoing Master Xehanort from the past did he travel through time from the past to the present day?

8.) Why the hell are Ansem Seeker of Darkness(aka. Xehanort's Heartless) and Xemnas doing alive?

9.) Finally, why is the World of Never Was in the Realm of Sleep?

Thanks, any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
1) Riku is apparently a Dream Eater for Sora or something like that, hence why he has the symbol.

2) I think Ursula was just there because she was dead. Sora said something along the lines of "Is this a test!?"

3) Not sure about this, I feel like all bad guys already died in their respective worlds. Sora and Riku went through past events right? I mean things changed quite a bit when those two entered, but the outcomes seemed to be the same for the most part. I assume the exact plots of the movies already took place though. So only the characters who survived in the movies would be restored.

4)Joshua said something along the lines of bringing them to the Realm of Sleep to figure out how to resurrect them. He said that he "created" this version of Traverse Town through his dreams. Also, he was apparently using Rhyme's memories to fuel that portal he was using to teleport between the "2 Traverse Towns" (Which is kind of dickish, but it is Joshua :p)

5) Not sure about this, but it seems that way.

6) Again, yeah they seem to be "in the past" I always felt it was more like the worlds are dreaming of the past events that already happened there.

7) I am not sure about this one.

8) I think they took them out of their respective time periods before they died.

9) Well, it did fall apart at the end of KH2 remember? So I assume that's why.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Okay, I haven't played the game but I've watched subs and i have a few questions about some of the more confusing plot elements of the game. Beware these questions contain heavy spoilers.

3.) All of the characters who die during Sora and Riku's adventures, do they come back to life after their world is resurected? ( Judge Claude Frollo, CLU 2, etc.)

4.) If all of the "The World Ends With You" characters besides Joshua were destroyed when Shibuya was destroyed how did Joshua end up in the Realm of Sleep and why are they in Traverse Town? And why doesn't Rhyme have any memories?

5.) Do both Sora and Riku need to seal the Keyholes of Sleep for it to be resurected?

6.) Are these sleeping worlds in the past, like Pinnochio and Mickey and Monstro exsit in the Realm of Light too, why are they in the Realm of Sleep?

7.) Is Yoing Master Xehanort from the past did he travel through time from the past to the present day?

8.) Why the hell are Ansem Seeker of Darkness(aka. Xehanort's Heartless) and Xemnas doing alive?

1. Riku came into the Realm of Sleep as a dream eater to protect Sora somehow.

2. If I understand Yen Sid right, the Destiny Islands in KH3D was Sora and Riku's dream and they used their dream to connect to the dream world which is what the first Keyhole they unlocked was for at the begining of the game. By doing that they could enter the realm of sleep and get to the dream worlds. The Ursula in Destiny Islands I would assume therefore is a memory of Ursula in Sora and Riku's dream, a test by Yen Sid to get them used to fighting in dreams I suppose.

3. Don't know for sure.

4. Johsua brought fragments of the other characters' existence to the Realm of Sleep where he hoped he could repair them, but in order for them to become whole they needed to recognize eachother or something. Apparently Rhyme lacks memories because her memories or dreams were used as the basis for Joshua's experiment or something.

5. I don't really know, but I think it may be.

6. Well Pinnochio's world was consumed by the heartless before KH1, and after the worlds in darknesses were restored, Pinnochio's world was one of the few that wasn't and so remained in a state of sleep, which is why sora and Riku needed to awaken it along with the other sleeping worlds.

7. Yep, and picked up different forms of himself through out time like Xemnas and Xehanort's Heartless

8. Like I said in my answer for number seven, its Xemnas and Ansem Seeker of Darkness from the past.

9. Not sure, probably fell into sleep due to the destruction of it caused during the final fight with Xemnas.

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com

that's because riku acts as a dream eater for sora, due to the nightmares he has near the end~

a ploy by xehanort, no doubt. i dont even think ursula would be apart of the exam for real.....

More then likely. the verdict is still up for that one....
thats because, when shibuya was destroyed, joshua collected what little remains of their dreams and took the remnates some place safe. Joshua used rhyme's dreams to construct the traverse town we see, thus using her own memories to build it. that's also why this travese town looks very similar to the shibuya they know (like having the tag wall, or the various shops and such~)

that's the jist of it~

i dont know about the mickey worlds, but as for monstro- that's because pinnochio's world as a whole (pranksters paradise) had fallen asleep and needed to be restored.

yep~ actually, it's kinda tricky, because of the rules of time travel that nomu set up. he had to go thro a straight line through time, and couldnt directly change anything. im sure we'll get full details once the ultimania gets translated...

not entierly sure, but i think it has something to do with MX and his horocruxes and such.....yes, i said it >,>

because it fell asleep too?

Thanks, any help would be greatly apprecaited.[/QUOTE]

zaqareemalcolm

1. He's sort of a Spirit to Sora.

2.That version of DI was what it was dreaming about after it fell to darkness and went to sleep. Yes, it dreamt about Ursula.

3.Probably. That would be the entire point of unlocking the Keyholes of Sleep.

4. Joshua created Dream Traverse Town out of Rhyme's memories. Rhyme, Neku, Beat and Shiki were reconstructed from the fragments of their memories.

5. Unsure. Possibly.

6. Prankster's Paradise was one of the few worlds that remained in Sleep after the DTD's closing. Unsure about Musketeer's Country or Symphony of Sorcery.

7. Yes.

8. Related to 7. By following the connections of his heart, Xehanort was able to pull out Xemnas and Ansem out of their respective times. However, they will have to eventually be returned to their timelines (Young Xehanort, Xemnas and Ansem), and they will not retain any memory of events that happened outside their time.

9. The World That Never Was was ruined by the final battle in KH2. You can assume that it went to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back