• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance HD Confirmed in X[chi]?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yessir_23

Awards
The question is, will the game be in stereoscopic 3D? I'm sure the answer is a big fat no, although that would be quite odd for a game officially called "Kingdom Hearts 3d".

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
They could just as easily fashion a new logo/subtitle that reads Dream Drop Distance without the '3D' to avoid misconception, but then again they shouldn't have to because it serves as an acronym for the game. Nomura's even said the 3D just adds to the meaning of the functionality but doesn't stand for third dimension here. It's like saying Kingdom Hearts BBS: Birth by Sleep or KH 2BS~ (lol)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sora's model also has been updated, but I don't have better comparison images from 3D unfortunately. You can see the new gleams on his mask and the thinner lines on his outfit in the card though:

4GTG7.jpg
Sora21.png

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
I'm sure they'll do it some time. They have to. It also has a lot of important story in it. Whoever plays khIII needs to see 3D. But only a few people get to play it on a 3DS. It was a random console for them to choose to put a kingdom hearts game on. But it was also really fun! I like trying to imagine what an HD version of the game would look like! It would be so different on the play station.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sora's model also has been updated, but I don't have better comparison images from 3D unfortunately. You can see the new gleams on his mask and the thinner lines on his outfit in the card though:

4GTG7.jpg
Sora21.png
Next year is going to be delicious.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I always wonder if they expect anyone to actually notice these things or if I just need a hobby.

rogeriskira

I have to say nice find. But, OathkeeperRoxasXIII said way better than complaining about glitch or so. If it was proven it was going to be remastered once with BBS then it will happen again!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Sign, you have such incredible eyes for detail~

Trust in Sign.

hlc1988

Awards
I really hope this happens. I'd like to pay this game... (And not just watch it like with Days and ReCoded.) Since it is the most pivotal side game, I think its important players should get the full experience of this. I only own a playstation 3 so would love it if they were remastering it for the PS3 before the release of KH3.

If this happens I expect DDD would be the HD release for next year, with KH3 following in 2016 for the PS4.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I'm sure they'll do it some time. They have to. It also has a lot of important story in it. Whoever plays khIII needs to see 3D. But only a few people get to play it on a 3DS. It was a random console for them to choose to put a kingdom hearts game on. But it was also really fun! I like trying to imagine what an HD version of the game would look like! It would be so different on the play station.

They essentially did the same thing when they released Chain of Memories on the Game Boy Advance, but they still ended up making a full remake of the game on the PS2 and PS3, so never give up hope there.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
You can pretty much bank on never having a downloadable Kingdom Hearts game, haha.

Which saddens me since there is a really good market for that. While I personally prefer to have a physical copy whenever possible, I feel like it is better to have multiple options when it comes to getting the game, not just limiting it to one form or system. Disney AND Square Enix need to start thinking about that.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Which saddens me since there is a really good market for that. While I personally prefer to have a physical copy whenever possible, I feel like it is better to have multiple options when it comes to getting the game, not just limiting it to one form or system. Disney AND Square Enix need to start thinking about that.
I do agree. A digital copy of the games priced at the same as a retail version would ensure they retain the same amount of profits while opening themselves up to a bigger audience. The best part of a possible digital release is that they could make it available on the PS4, in the case of 1.5 and 2.5, so then all of the games truly could be available on a single console.

Considering how open Square Enix is to making the majority of their games digital downloads, I think it's very safe to assume that there are reasons why they haven't been able to do so with Kingdom Hearts that we might not be aware of.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Considering how open Square Enix is to making the majority of their games digital downloads, I think it's very safe to assume that there are reasons why they haven't been able to do so with Kingdom Hearts that we might not be aware of.
The reason no Kingdom Hearts game was released digitally at this point is called Utada Hikaru.:wink:

hlc1988

Awards
It should be a cheaper downloadable title if it's a standalone.

I never download stuff so I'd prefera physical copy.

They essentially did the same thing when they released Chain of Memories on the Game Boy Advance, but they still ended up making a full remake of the game on the PS2 and PS3, so never give up hope there.

From what I've seen DDD seems to have quite good graphics that could could translate well to PS3. I don't know how much work they would need to put in to it to make it playable on the PS3... but I'm certainly hoping for the full game rather then the cutscenes Days and Coded got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back