• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance Demo Out Now!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Hey chaser, how many tries did you be with your demo because I only got 15. I heard a lot of people got 30. I'm asking you cause you live in Australia with me

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hey chaser, how many tries did you be with your demo because I only got 15. I heard a lot of people got 30. I'm asking you cause you live in Australia with me

NA gets 30. EUR/PAL gets 15.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
That's a Link Portal. They're named after FF characters. You're basically pitted against "their" party of Dream Eaters and are given some sort of objective (i.e. defeat them in 20 seconds or take no damage) and obtain items by winning.

You can't really do much with the Dream Eaters in the demo asides from basic gameplay interaction in battle.

Ah! Hmmm... I guess I'll do them then! Sounds intresting.

Which interactions? All I could see was move which Dream Eaters I want in my party on screen. Is there anything else?

Was I the only one that giggled when Neku told Sora he isn't a player? xD

I did. xD

Of course, he's not a player... if he was, not only would he go after Kairi in a flash, he would go after Tifa, Yuffie, Aeris, Jasmine, etc. xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You're the only person to get 15. I'd lodge a complaint if I were you.

Nah, just kidding. Like Sign said, Europe/Australia only get 15 tries. And I only have 12 left now lol

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
You're the only person to get 15. I'd lodge a complaint if I were you.

Nah, just kidding. Like Sign said, Europe/Australia only get 15 tries. And I only have 12 left now lol
:) cool just wondering and another thing I was meant to ask is how do you perform a "wheel rush" I can see it in the little tutorial box but I have yet preform one. So far I can only use kick dive, buzz saw and shock dive.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
:) cool just wondering and another thing I was meant to ask is how do you perform a "wheel rush" I can see it in the little tutorial box but I have yet preform one. So far I can only use kick dive, buzz saw and shock dive.

In the final area, before you fight the boss, walk over to the left side and there's a pole pointing out horizontally, use Flowmotion near it, there's your Wheel Rush.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I found a horizontal pole that you can Flowmotion off of on the wall to the right in the Fifth District. It has a different attack too. I couldn't find any other horizontal poles in the whole demo so I thought it was worth mentioning.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Question, I feel like this was probably addressed somewhere in the mess that is the other 327 posts, but there isn't a Flick Rush part to this demo, right?

Also, what counts as one try of the demo? Does getting on the demo itself once count as a try, or does one run-through through the demo itself count as a try? Or does one run-through of both the tutorial and demo count as a try? I'm just curious, that's all.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Question, I feel like this was probably addressed somewhere in the mess that is the other 327 posts, but there isn't a Flick Rush part to this demo, right?
It was meant to, but for some reason wasn't included.

Also, what counts as one try of the demo? Does getting on the demo itself once count as a try, or does one run-through through the demo itself count as a try? Or does one run-through of both the tutorial and demo count as a try? I'm just curious, that's all.
Going into the demo, and then fully exiting the demo counts as a try. Do that, and "30" goes down to "29"

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Getting on the demo is one try.

As long as you don't exit it, you can play it as many times as possible without the amount of tries decreasing, but if you do happen to exit it, then reopening it will cost another try.

ReaperShadcat

Website
reapershadcat.tumblr.com
I'm pretty sure one "try" is turning the demo program on and then closing it completely. I'm not completely sure on that, but I've heard people say that if you keep it running it's still on the same try.

I could be wrong though, because I haven't done that...

Anyways, by the way, does anyone else.. really badly suck at Flowmotion..? It's incredibly fun, but I'm always bouncing around everywhere and flying way past where I meant to fly/into things that I didn't mean to fly into.

Darn you, Neku. You make it look easy.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm pretty sure one "try" is turning the demo program on and then closing it completely. I'm not completely sure on that, but I've heard people say that if you keep it running it's still on the same try.

I could be wrong though, because I haven't done that...
If you remain in the game without shutting it down, it will stay on the same try. Even if you put it in sleep mode.

Anyways, by the way, does anyone else.. really badly suck at Flowmotion..? It's incredibly fun, but I'm always bouncing around everywhere and flying way past where I meant to fly/into things that I didn't mean to fly into.

Darn you, Neku. You make it look easy.
Just practise. You can set up little goals to practise flowmotion with. Like I said before, you could try and go from torch to torch without stopping, or you can try going up a path way.
Practise does help.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
It was meant to, but for some reason wasn't included.

I'm fine with that, just curious seeing as the main feature I was curious about was Flowmotion for the demo, which I got. The multiplayer doesn't really look all that great to me from what I've seen and neither do the small minigames. Then again, I'm not buying the game for the side stuff xP

As long as you don't exit it, you can play it as many times as possible without the amount of tries decreasing, but if you do happen to exit it, then reopening it will cost another try.

YEESSSSSSS!!! Gonna go play that demo numerous times now (actually only 2 or 3) without closing it ;D Thanks!!!!

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
It could be much worse. The Amazing Spiderman demo doesn't even give you the option of playing again when you're done. It forces you to close out. And you only get 10 tries.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It could be much worse. The Amazing Spiderman demo doesn't even give you the option of playing again when you're done. It forces you to close out. And you only get 10 tries.

That demo wasn't even that good, it forced you into repetitive fights and highlighted very little in the game.

But on-topic, I'm glad we got thirty tries and can repeat it as we please.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Why do i keep playing this demo over and over...

Flow Motion is one of the best additions this series has gotten, its so much fun just using it in combat and to just get around the map

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
If you remain in the game without shutting it down, it will stay on the same try. Even if you put it in sleep mode.

Just practise. You can set up little goals to practise flowmotion with. Like I said before, you could try and go from torch to torch without stopping, or you can try going up a path way.
Practise does help.

This is what I'm personally doing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back