• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance Demo Out Now!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
But who'll return first? Chuman or Ova? I guess the world may never know... =/

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area
Sorry to bring back and old topic in this thread but speaking of the bad slowdown issues in the Japanese version of 3D, you know, I haven't heard anything about this in any of the American reviews. Did they iron this issue out in the Pal and US versions?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sorry to bring back and old topic in this thread but speaking of the bad slowdown issues in the Japanese version of 3D, you know, I haven't heard anything about this in any of the American reviews. Did they iron this issue out in the Pal and US versions?

The bad slowdown was just us exaggerating the framerate issues that have existed in all of the games.

nopitnovi

I can't wait to play KH 3D, the trailer and the gameplay will be cool and fun !
miss sora & roxas so much :D

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Oh and people, for the love of God Himself, DO NOT BUY THE CIRCLE PAD PRO JUST FOR THIS GAME.

I did and it doesn't help the controls at all. For me, it makes the controls clumsy as kupo.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh and people, for the love of God Himself, DO NOT BUY THE CIRCLE PAD PRO JUST FOR THIS GAME.

I did and it doesn't help the controls at all. For me, it makes the controls clumsy as kupo.

KMR, please explain. ;A; I've been planning on buying the NYKO circle pad pro with battery pack for my system when it comes out. Does it make things awkward? Have you tried shifting the controls around until they are to your liking? :x If I can save the money, I don't want to get a CCP xD

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I don't know about you guys, but just looking at what the Circle Pad Pro looks like should be a good enough hint as to why it would make the controls feel clumsy and awkward...
nintendo-3ds-circle-pad.jpg

That just doesn't look comfortable in the hands AT ALL.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't know about you guys, but just looking at what the Circle Pad Pro looks like should be a good enough hint as to why it would make the controls feel clumsy and awkward...
nintendo-3ds-circle-pad.jpg

That just doesn't look comfortable in the hands AT ALL.

Your image doesn't work. :x

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Yeah if KMR could elaborate that would be really cool because I'm getting the MoM box, a 3ds, and the control pad pro on the same day but if i can skip out on the pad then that could really help.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Well, the controls just don't work for me that way. Why? Well, it doesn't add anything to the experience. As in, it doesn't help making the game be more easy to play. In fact, I'd say it makes it harder to play.

Why? I'll tell ya. You can change the camera with the second Circle Pad. All good, makes it the same as KH 2 right? Well, in a way yes. But I don't like how you can't change your camera while attacking, guarding etc. With the normal settings (without the Circle Pad Pro), you can do all that.

I'm playing the game on Proud mode and let me tell ya, it's hard. And because of that, I really want to be able to control my camera while scrolling through my commands and still be able to guard/attack/jump/etc.

I'm fighting a certain someone now and said person kills me every single time if I don't see what attacks or coming to me. So I need to be able to control my camera while still being able to move and dodge using the y button. I'm not able to do that when I use the Circle Pad Pro. Just one of the many examples why it doesn't work for me.

What I was expecting was that you could scroll between your commands using the shoulder buttons which, as far as I can tell, isn't the case at all. And to be honest, the game default controls without the Circle Pad Pro are okay. If you can play BBS without any problems, then surely, you'll be able to play this game as well.

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
^ hmmm, I was gonna copy Spock and I was planning on getting the NYKO battery pack, but now I am also reconsidering. I mean, I guess for my first run when the game first comes out, I'll probably not have a CPP because I can see how that would be annoying to not be able to attack and control the camera simultaneously, and I've heard that unlike on the PS2 controller, it feels odd to have your right hand extend over the CPP to touch the main face buttons (A,B,X,Y) so I don't want to fumble or anything on a really difficult boss or platforming portion.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Well, the controls just don't work for me that way. Why? Well, it doesn't add anything to the experience. As in, it doesn't help making the game be more easy to play. In fact, I'd say it makes it harder to play.

Why? I'll tell ya. You can change the camera with the second Circle Pad. All good, makes it the same as KH 2 right? Well, in a way yes. But I don't like how you can't change your camera while attacking, guarding etc. With the normal settings (without the Circle Pad Pro), you can do all that.

I'm playing the game on Proud mode and let me tell ya, it's hard. And because of that, I really want to be able to control my camera while scrolling through my commands and still be able to guard/attack/jump/etc.

I'm fighting a certain someone now and said person kills me every single time if I don't see what attacks or coming to me. So I need to be able to control my camera while still being able to move and dodge using the y button. I'm not able to do that when I use the Circle Pad Pro. Just one of the many examples why it doesn't work for me.

What I was expecting was that you could scroll between your commands using the shoulder buttons which, as far as I can tell, isn't the case at all. And to be honest, the game default controls without the Circle Pad Pro are okay. If you can play BBS without any problems, then surely, you'll be able to play this game as well.

That sounds like it would vary from person to person, especially since I know other people have used the CPP and never had an issue with it though I see how that may be difficult. I already have one, so I will try it out for myself.

^ hmmm, I was gonna copy Spock and I was planning on getting the NYKO battery pack, but now I am also reconsidering. I mean, I guess for my first run when the game first comes out, I'll probably not have a CPP because I can see how that would be annoying to not be able to attack and control the camera simultaneously, and I've heard that unlike on the PS2 controller, it feels odd to have your right hand extend over the CPP to touch the main face buttons (A,B,X,Y) so I don't want to fumble or anything on a really difficult boss or platforming portion.

I feel like that, too, would vary from person to person. In my personal experience it felt perfectly normal to go from using the extension to using the face buttons.

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area

I never had a problem with this in Kingdom Hearts 2. This is what locking on is for. I personally really like the way the game plays with the CPP. It doesn't really change the experience all that much but it's just way more comfortable in my hands, letting me play comfortably for longer periods of time.

It's all a matter of preference here. I'm not going to act like either control scheme is objectively superior because that's simply not the case. They each have positives and negatives.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I've heard that unlike on the PS2 controller, it feels odd to have your right hand extend over the CPP to touch the main face buttons (A,B,X,Y)

This. It makes it feel really weird to be quite honest. It feels unnatural to go from the extra Circle Pad to the main face buttons. I mean, normally, you'd switch your hand to the right (like on the PS2) but with the CPP, it feels like you're moving your hand to the middle of the system, which is weird.

All the buttons just feel odd when you have the CPP attached to the 3DS. Like, you have 2 big extra shoulder buttons (which serve as L2 and R2), one that you can still use on the 3DS (the left shoulder button) and then one that replaces the right shoulder button.

The thing is, the buttons of the CPP feel different from the ones on your 3DS. Same goes for the Circle Pad itself. It looks the same but it feels different from the one on your 3DS. It makes playing with it kinda weird.

I really suggest trying the game without it first. If you really think you'll need different controls for the camera, only then should you consider the CPP. If you're fine with how the controls are without it, then don't waste your money on it.

It feels good in my hands though, it's not uncomfortable at all. It actually feels like you're holding a controller, which is a nice feeling. But that nice feeling just disappears when I turn on the game and actually use it.

Last edited:

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Yeah, I played BBS and Days a lot and got used to the shoulder buttons for the camera. Not having the CCP won't bother me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back