• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance Debuts in Nintendo Power

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
He's only called YMX by fans. Purely because that is what he looks like.

It's like with Vanitas...his fan-name before it was announced, was something along Dark Soldier (DS).

It's just from their appearances, no one should get to thinking that these names are official. Just fan names atm.

MasterZeR0

He's only called YMX by fans. Purely because that is what he looks like.

It's like with Vanitas...his fan-name before it was announced, was something along Dark Soldier (DS).

It's just from their appearances, no one should get to thinking that these names are official. Just fan names atm.

Exactly, thank you. I fondly remember Roxas as BHK xD Oh lord, haha.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I just picked up a copy of the magazine today :) I'm so happy we finally had an article released over here!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yes we can. YMX (I don't care if he is or is not actually Young Master Xehanort, that's our title for the boy with silver hair.) IS The mysterious figure. I can't comprehend why that's not obvious.

I'm pretty sure he said the boy was the mysterious figure from BBS. We don't know that he's YMX is all, but I don't think there's a lot of room for speculation on that bit.
I don't even.

I am on your team, I just don't think we should jump to conclusions. Did you guys not see the job I put up trying to convince that YMX is the MX?

Alexis was right, Nomura never outright stated said it was him*, so for now, yeah whatever, but we can't treat it as fact, yeah.

—In Fantasia as well as other worlds, a golden eyed person wearing a black coat appears, who is he?
Nomura: He is the mysterious man who appeared in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix as a boss who manipulated time. Just who he is will be told in KH3D. Everywhere he goes, a few people of the darkness turn up, like how Vanitas came out in the trailer.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Something I haven't seen mentioned is that the article mentioned the Dream Eater fights are local wireless only :/ I'm honestly disappointed...the 3DS has really good online capabilities. I wish they would have utilized them :/ Now I am gonna have to play with the same 4 people as usual :p Oh well, at least I have 4 people to play with I guess haha.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I don't even.

I am on your team, I just don't think we should jump to conclusions. Did you guys not see the job I put up trying to convince that YMX is the MX?

Alexis was right, Nomura never outright stated said it was him*, so for now, yeah whatever, but we can't treat it as fact, yeah.

*[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

How do you read anything else into that? He clearly labels him as the MF. I don't even…

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
How do you read anything else into that? He clearly labels him as the MF. I don't even…
Because the golden-eyed white haired person is not indicated to be Young Master Xehanort.
Therefore, Young Master Xehanort is not indicated to be the Mysterious Figure.
Rather, the Mysterious Figure is the golden-eyed, white haired person who may or may not be Young Master Xehanort. This is further evidenced in the Nintendo Power interview, where Nomura repeatedly referred to him as the "mysterious boy," never once using the name Young Master Xehanort. If he is YMX, he's not exactly a "mysterious boy" to anyone who has played the games. So many people, including myself, feel that he is most likely not who he appears to be. This is not unprecedented in the series (Ventus and Roxas are prime examples of a similar occurrence in the games, where two completely different characters look exactly the same).

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I think we're all at a misunderstanding. We can all safely agree that the mystery boy is MF. That itself is unavoidable. We can also all agree that the mystery boy is not necessarily a young MX.

MasterZeR0

While that is true, that IS what we call him. Whether he is a young Xehanort, I don't care. He is YMX to us. Like Roxas was BHK and Vanitas was DS, etc. etc. etc. And what other white haired, golden eyed boy did you see in the trailer? Because I didn't see another. -.-

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think we're all at a misunderstanding. We can all safely agree that the mystery boy is MF. That itself is unavoidable. We can also all agree that the mystery boy is not necessarily a young MX.
Which is what, I believe, I was trying to say.

This is further evidenced in the Nintendo Power interview, where Nomura repeatedly referred to him as the "mysterious boy," never once using the name Young Master Xehanort.
Exactly. It was rather odd, the way Nomura stated it.

Nomura:As I just mentioned, the mysterious boy in the black cloak causes the story to take an unexpected turn. Whenever he appears, Xehanort and other characters that have been linked to him, like Ansem, seem to follow, even though they’ve already been defeated in the past.
However, a mysterious boy in a black cloak appears everywhere they go, and nothing ends up going exactly as planned
Nomura:I can’t discuss details just yet, but the mysterious boy in the black cloak has something to do with this.

Not once does he even say "Young Master Xehanort". I'm not even sure if he actually had said "Young Master Xehanort" at all.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Lmao when the fuck did I say he was YMX? I said he was Mysterious Figure, that there was little to no doubt about it, and that there was no way of knowing if he was YMX.

Can you niggas read? Jesus.
Did I quote you and/or directly state that it was you saying that? No.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm talking about the post... 4 above your recent one.Are you talking about the one at the top of the page? Because that's the only one I quoted you in and I only quoted you in that for the Nomura quote.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
While that is true, that IS what we call him. Whether he is a young Xehanort, I don't care. He is YMX to us. Like Roxas was BHK and Vanitas was DS, etc. etc. etc.
Never disagreed with that. :v

And what other white haired, golden eyed boy did you see in the trailer? Because I didn't see another. -.-

When I said a young MX, I was referring to how the mystery boy could be any form of Xehanort.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I'm talking about the post... 4 above your recent one.Are you talking about the one at the top of the page? Because that's the only one I quoted you in and I only quoted you in that for the Nomura quote.

Yeah that's the one I was talking about. Think you see how I could've taken it the way I did.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The mysterious boy is MF, the mysterious boy may not be YMX, like Nayru said, I believe.Can we just end this now? This is completely stupid.

MasterZeR0

What Chaser and XIII Heartless don't seem to understand is that YMX is just a title, whether or not he actually is a form of Xehanort or not. I'm sure they'll get it eventually ;)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What Chaser and XIII Heartless don't seem to understand is that YMX is just a title, whether or not he actually is a form of Xehanort or not. I'm sure they'll get it eventually ;)

Trust me, you don't need to say that to either of them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So, Gen Kobayashi is art director! No wonder we have that super fly art for the Wonder Comic reality shift! I was a really big fan of his work in TWEWY so seeing him as art director for this game makes me wish we'd get some kind of DDD artbook filled with all of the storyboards and sketches he and Nomura probably made~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back