• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance Debuts in Nintendo Power

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

supernatural25

I'm pretty sure it will be a fight after the credits because, why would Nomura say "don’t put down your N3DS, and don’t let your guard down!" if it is just going to be a cutscene.

Also I agree, I think KH sells better here than in Japan.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Don't let your guard down doesn't necessarily have to be used in that context though. Many fans are used to the fan-service that we usually get when the credits roll; if an actual important scene plays during the credits, Nomura's warning not to let your guard down could just mean be ready to pay attention, because something relevant is going to happen and you'll miss it if you're not expecting it.

supernatural25

Don't let your guard down doesn't necessarily have to be used in that context though. Many fans are used to the fan-service that we usually get when the credits roll; if an actual important scene plays during the credits, Nomura's warning not to let your guard down could just mean be ready to pay attention, because something relevant is going to happen and you'll miss it if you're not expecting it.

Your right it could not be a fight and just be an important scene but, he also says don't put down your N3DS so we are most likely going to have to do something at the end of credits.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
-- This year marks the 10th anniversary of the series. Do you have anything special in store for 2012 to celebrate this occasion?

In Japan, we’re planning to release a 10-year commemorative box set. We don’t have any other solid plans, but the series has a lot of support from fans in North America, so I hope we can do something special for them as well.

This infuriated me to no end because I see this meaning two things:

1) We may not get anything for the 10th anniversary. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if that happened because Kingdom Hearts has almost always sold better over in the US compared to Japan, and yet Japan still gets the Final Mix content, the limited edition consoles, a few exclusive Formation Arts figures, the art books, the exclusive Play Arts also, and many other things. However, the one thing that the "solid plans" could mean is that there are many possibilities running around, but they do not know which one to settle on.

2) Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance isn't coming out in the US for quite some time. This worries me but I can't help but get the feeling that this is true. I'm almost appalled that SE doesn't have anything in plans for the 10th anniversary everywhere, so the fact that they think they have time to plan something means that they aren't even worried that the day is approaching. I believe that the 10th anniversary item everywhere (if it exists) will somehow involve DDD as it mainly does in Japan. However, if they are planning to do something with DDD in the US, it should happen around the same time as it is released overseas, and considering they don't feel like they need to settle on anything soon, it may be because the release date is far off <_<

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Your right it could not be a fight and just be an important scene but, he also says don't put down your N3DS so we are most likely going to have to do something at the end of credits.

Dude...don't put your 3DS down so you can see the cutscene? Uh....duh. Like I said, many KH fans are used to receiving cute, but non-consequential little scenes during the credits. As a result, some (like me) really don't pay attention during the credits. We put the handheld down, maybe take a quick bathroom break, yada yada.

Not saying that we won't have to do or fight something, just saying that going off of what he's given us, we could end up with either or. Neither is completely ruled out here.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Wow, so apparently it is unanimous...so like Kupo1121 already said, then why do they get all the extra content? Wasn't their reasoning for not releasing Final Mixes overseas "it wouldn't sell as well"? That's kind of upsetting :/ I'm also surprised this is the first time I have heard this...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
we’re planning to release a 10-year commemorative box set. We don’t have any other solid plans,
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Take you you people who said there definitely would be more to come out, even when there was no proof.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]In fact, the voice recording for the North American version is already underway.
Which lead Richard Epcar to confirm because, well, the big man himself said it.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
"In this installment, they will be fighting almost exclusively alongside their Spirit allies." Interesting choice of wording.

Eh, not so much. I don't think anyone doubted that we'd get other party member(s) for at least one battle. I can see Sora and Riku fighting side-by-side against a final boss like they did in II. Question is, if that happened, who would we control?

sdr08

2) Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance isn't coming out in the US for quite some time. This worries me but I can't help but get the feeling that this is true. I'm almost appalled that SE doesn't have anything in plans for the 10th anniversary everywhere, so the fact that they think they have time to plan something means that they aren't even worried that the day is approaching. I believe that the 10th anniversary item everywhere (if it exists) will somehow involve DDD as it mainly does in Japan. However, if they are planning to do something with DDD in the US, it should happen around the same time as it is released overseas, and considering they don't feel like they need to settle on anything soon, it may be because the release date is far off <_<

It still could come out soon, they can think of something fast, like they did with the box set. Besides we don't know if they already finished recording.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I find it amusing how Nomura keeps referring to YMX as a "mysterious boy", as if nobody figured out from the start who he was...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Actually, we don't know if he is YMX, the Mysterious Figure or a shapeshifter.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Slight correction: We do know that this "mysterious boy" is the Mysterious Figure from BBS, as said by Nomura in the last Famitsu Interview.

We don't know if he's really YMX, a shapeshifter or something entirely different.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Slight correction: We do know that this "mysterious boy" is the Mysterious Figure from BBS, as said by Nomura in the last Famitsu Interview.
Look, I was first to jump on that bandwagon, but from Nomura's wording, we can't really be sure to be honest. I will say, to me, it's 90% likely to be true, but we shouldn't jump to conclusions at the moment.

MasterZeR0

Look, I was first to jump on that bandwagon, but from Nomura's wording, we can't really be sure to be honest. I will say, to me, it's 90% likely to be true, but we shouldn't jump to conclusions at the moment.

Yes we can. YMX (I don't care if he is or is not actually Young Master Xehanort, that's our title for the boy with silver hair.) IS The mysterious figure. I can't comprehend why that's not obvious.

Mr Yippie

Yes we can. YMX (I don't care if he is or is not actually Young Master Xehanort, that's our title for the boy with silver hair.) IS The mysterious figure. I can't comprehend why that's not obvious.

I dare them to make the DDD fight with him as insane as it was in BBS

double dogg dare them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back