• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream Drop Distance at TGS 2011

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Tbh, I think Christmas 2012 is realistic..it did begin production in 2010 after all.
And yet it is mid-2011 and we've seen very little of this game, as well as having heard very little of it. If the game was due out Christmas next year, they would at least comment on the progress.

DanX

And yet it is mid-2011 and we've seen very little of this game, as well as having heard very little of it. If the game was due out Christmas next year, they would at least comment on the progress.

I think you know I'm talking about a christmas 2012 release for versus. That's very possible we've already seen some solid gameplay of it unlike 3D.... But then again 3D is being developed by the Osaka team with the already made BBS engine (I think) and for the 3DS, which has graphical power between the PS2 and the Wii so it should be a lot faster.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think you know I'm talking about a christmas 2012 release for versus.
And that is what I am talking about there.

That's very possible we've already seen some solid gameplay of it unlike 3D.... But then again 3D is being developed by the Osaka team with the already made BBS engine (I think) and for the 3DS, which has graphical power between the PS2 and the Wii so it should be a lot faster.
We've seen a small trailer for a lot of work done. Verses, I believe, is no where near completion, and I don't believe it will be ready for Christmas 2012. 3D, however, already has character models, some enemies complete, world designs done, as well as plot. 3D is one I would expect late next year.

DanX

And that is what I am talking about there.

We've seen a small trailer for a lot of work done. Verses, I believe, is no where near completion, and I don't believe it will be ready for Christmas 2012. 3D, however, already has character models, some enemies complete, world designs done, as well as plot. 3D is one I would expect late next year.

Nopppe I bet (alot) that a release date for 3D will be announced at TGS or before christmas for a release date within the first half of 2012.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Many peple bellieve BBSv2 is in production for the PSP also due to finding the hidden character models in BBS pluss Aqua's secret (demo) episode

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
woah. how did you find all that out? thats insane, i respect your knowledge good sir.

But are you telling me Nomura Himself will not be there, or Kingdom Hearts will be there? I mean, just becaue Nomura is not there, doesn't mean that someone else can't introduce DDD or possibly BBSV2? Right? I mean the lead director of PDD1 could just do it. Or Osaka if they're working on BBSV2. Can someone tell me who's working on DDD, because I don't think it's Osaka. I mean it's gotta be a nintendo party right?

Well, I've been following Squaresoft/Square-Enix for many years now and it's generally an accumulation of public knowledge that generally gets overlooked.

But yeah, expect DDD at E3 with maybe Shinji Hashimoto talking about it, or they'll have the game's producer talking about it. I don't know if Nomura will be there or not, but even if he is he may not grant interviews. (He's kind of insular with the press though, I honestly don't think he takes criticism well but that's generally how most Square-Enix interviews are now.)

noheartx

Well, I've been following Squaresoft/Square-Enix for many years now and it's generally an accumulation of public knowledge that generally gets overlooked.

But yeah, expect DDD at E3 with maybe Shinji Hashimoto talking about it, or they'll have the game's producer talking about it. I don't know if Nomura will be there or not, but even if he is he may not grant interviews. (He's kind of insular with the press though, I honestly don't think he takes criticism well but that's generally how most Square-Enix interviews are now.)

Well that's some good news. I don't really care who announces it, as long as we see something, i can be happy.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I believe Yasushi Yasue is producing DDD so he might be the man to do it. He has formerly directed Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep -FINAL MIX- and I saw him at the Square-Enix 1st Production Department Premiere to talk about both games before the reveal.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Hard to say, but I think it's PDD5's only major project right now so it's probably along decently. Trailer for sure. Demo maybe. Release date plausible.

Release date might wait til Jump Festa but we'll see.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nopppe I bet (alot) that a release date for 3D will be announced at TGS or before christmas for a release date within the first half of 2012.
The thing about S-E, they LOVE to showcase their games years before they're released. Yes, 3D has been known to the public for 1 year now, however production started later on a system they are sort of unfamiliar with, what with the new features of the 3DS.
Verses, however, has been known to the public for a very long time, yet it is hard to tell where they are in the production of the game. They told us to forget about the game for a while even, which means they haven't done much on it and are working to get parts completed.

UltimaJackpot

PDD1 is "Production Development Division 1".

Basically the main team that works on mainline Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts titles.

A lot of people think there's a "Kingdom Hearts team" but it doesn't really work that way. PDD1 jumps between mainline franchises. Fun fact: The original team that made Kingdom Hearts was 1/2 of the Final Fantasy X team while the other half made Final Fantasy X-2 (which required fewer staff).

This is how Square-Enix is organized to the best of my knowledge:

PDD / Description / Head of Division / Recent or Notable Franchises & Games
PDD1: Flagship - Yoshinori Kitase (mainline Final Fantasy, mainline Kingdom Hearts)
PDD2: Spinoffs & IPs - Akitoshi Kawazu (The Last Remnant, SaGa, Crystal Chronicles)
PDD3: MMORPGs - Hiromichi Tanaka (Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XIV)
PDD4: Quest - Yasumi Matsuno (Ivalice Alliance and most of FFXII, Tactics Ogre)
PDD5: Osaka - Yusuke Hirata (Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Musashi: Samurai Legend)
PDD6: Inactive/defunct - Toshiro Tsuchida (Front Mission)
PDD7: Ports and Remakes - Takashi Tokita (FFIV DS & FFIV TCC, FF: 4 Heroes of Light)
PDD8: Inactive/defunct - Koichi Ishii (Mana series)
PDD9: Enix / Dragon Quest - Yuu Miyake (Dragon Quest series)
PDD10: Contractees - Yosuke Saito (This division handles outside contractees like h.a.n.d which they supervise to make games like Days and other IPs. Nier from former studio cavia would have fallen under this.)

Other development divisions abroad (mostly Eidos):
Square-Enix LA (Project Dropship, also I think their studio was axed recently. :I)
Crystal Dynamics (Tomb Raider)
IO Interactive (Hitman, Kane & Lynch)
Eidos Montréal (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)
Beautiful Game Studios (Championship Manager)
Eidos Shanghai (middleware)

If I recall correctly at the conference back in January, it was announced that PDD1 would now consist of the Flagship & Osaka teams.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
The thing about S-E, they LOVE to showcase their games years before they're released. Yes, 3D has been known to the public for 1 year now, however production started later on a system they are sort of unfamiliar with, what with the new features of the 3DS.
Verses, however, has been known to the public for a very long time, yet it is hard to tell where they are in the production of the game. They told us to forget about the game for a while even, which means they haven't done much on it and are working to get parts completed.

It is shame that it takes this long to release a game. Let hope it will be worth it and not another overhyped S-E game that disappoints many and took a million years to complete like FF XIII or 3rd birthday

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Actually that was done the previous fall, but yeah PDD1 and 5 are pretty much the same now even though they work in different locations at Tokyo and Osaka.

However I think last I heard they are still in the process of re-structuring these two (unsurprisingly) which is why I chose to keep them separate.

UltimaJackpot

Ah, I see. Makes sense given the internal restructuring that Wada(?) mentioned some time ago.

Either way, it's good to see the Osaka team moving up in the ranks. I know they worked on Parasite Eve II, but they seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth after the Brave Fencer sequel. (Until they ended up working on Re:CoM and BBS, anyway.)

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am willing to bet trailer/information blowout at TGS with a demo/release date at Jump Fest.

I also think the international release will be much closer to the Japanese release this time around.

NotaHero21

Not to go off topic but in regards to international releases, ff 13-2 is going to be legit, and I wont be able to spoil myself, as we get it at the same time as japan.

Do this more square, much more.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Well, FFXIII-2 won't have a simultaneous worldwide release. It's slated for Winter 2011 in Japan and Early 2012 for North America. It may likely be very similar to the December 2009/March 2010 release that FFXIII had.

They want Versus to be simultaneous, but we'll see.

NotaHero21

Well, FFXIII-2 won't have a simultaneous worldwide release. It's slated for Winter 2011 in Japan and Early 2012 for North America. It may likely be very similar to the December 2009/March 2010 release that FFXIII had.

They want Versus to be simultaneous, but we'll see.

I'm still waiting for that game to go multi-platform, I would bet money that's why there has been no new news about it...they likely delayed it to reconfigure the game for the 360 version, same as what happened with final fantasy 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back