• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Dragon Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KershaFangs

Ok, this is a fan fiction I thought of with the help of my friend. Weare actually represented by our characters, Zephyr as me, and Serenity as her. It's quite long, iword counted it and it came out to about 5800, just four away from it. Also note! You may notice the writing style changes half way through the story, that's because I wrote the first half more than a year ago and only was able the second half a few weeks ago. I know, I'm lazy... x.x And why do I refer to Riku as silver hair boy a lot? That's because I was first aiming for something like, you learned as you play the game but it's more, you learned as you read. I was going to do this sort of thing with all characters but I think I may give it up... same with the logic used to name the heartless, there are too many, and my hand already cramps like crazy...

Alright so if anyone has actually stick around long enough, I present... Dragon Hearts. And FYI, the chapter isn't too excite and filled with OCs, but still... and note, that the two will not be Mary Sues... it sounds like it in the beginning, but later on their story unfolds.

~Dragon Hearts~
-------
Chapter one: The Beginning
-------​

He slightly moaned as his eyes flicked open, the gleaming sun shining brightly in the partly-cloudy skies. He sat up and loudly yawn and went to lay back down when he caught the glimpse of a young lady.

"Whoa!" He yelled startled. The young girl laughed at his sudden expression. "Gimme a break, Kairi.." He said, chuckling a bit himself while propping himself up on his knees.

"Sora you lazy bum! I knew I would catch you snoozing down here..." Kairi said modestly.

"No! This huge black THING swallowed me up! I couldn't breathe, I couldn't- ow!" Sora was hit in the head by Kairi. "You were dreaming again, weren't you?" she said.

Sora protested. "It wasn't a dream... or was it? I don't know. What was that place? So bizarre..."

"Yeah, sure", Kairi mindlessly agree.

Sora stood up and faced Kairi. "Say, Kairi, what was your hometown like? You know, where you grew up?"

"I've told you before, I don't remember." Kairi said with her back turned.

"Nothing at all?" Sora asked.

"Nothing." Kairi replied seriously.

"You ever want to go back?"

"Well, I'm happy here."

"Really..." Sora said skeptically.

"But you know..." Kairi started, "I wouldn't mind going to see it."

"I'd like to see it too. Along with any other worlds out there! I want to see 'em all!" Sora said enthusiastically.

"So what're we waiting for?" Kairi said, turning around and smiling.

A voice then came from nowhere. "Hey, aren't you guys forgetting about me?"

In the distance emerge a young-looking boy, yet he had a serious stature, with light-silver hair and aquamarine-blue eyes with hints of green within the iris. "So am I the only one working on the raft?"

He walked over to Sora and Kairi and tossed the log he was carrying to Sora, who failed to catch to. "And you're just as lazy as he is." He said to Kairi, with his hands on his hips.

Kairi giggled, with her hand rubbing the back of her head. "So you noticed. Okay! We'll finish it together! I'll race you!"

"Huh?" Sora question.

"What, are you kidding?" The silver-haired boy responded.

Kairi held her arm out like a flag. "Ready? Go!"

Sora and the silvered-hair boy looked at each other and then sprinted off. As the race begin, so did their journey on Destiny Islands. After their race, Sora went over to talk to Kairi.

"So, can you gather the rest of the supplies?" Kairi said, checking items off a list she had. Sora nodded slowly, not looking at Kairi. "Sora, are you listening to me?" she said, with hands on her hips.

"Yeah, I heard you..." Sora said, still not facing Kairi.

"Okay, here's what you need to go find", she said as she scanned through the list. "Two logs. One cloth. One rope. Bring everything back here. If you need help, just ask. I'm counting on you!"

Sora nodded and went off. He got all the essential items for the raft. All collecting them all, he went off to find Kairi and give them to her.

"Thanks, Sora! I found something today, too. Here, it's yours." Kairi fished through her pockets and pulled out an item. "Tired? Want to call it a day?" She called to Sora.

"Yeah, let's go home." he said.

"Okay. It is getting late." Kairi agreed. "We'll finish up tomorrow."

Some time passed after that discussion with Kairi. Later, Sora, Kairi and the silver-haired boy were all together, watching the sunset while sitting on a strangely leveled tree trunk on a island separate from the one they lived on, connected by only a wooden bridge. Sora started the conservation with, "So, Kairi's home is out there somewhere, right?"

"Could be." The sliver-haired one respond. "We'll never know by staying here."

"But how far could a raft take us?"

"Who knows? If we have to, we'll think of something else." He replied.

"So, suppose you get to another world", Kairi said. "What would you do there?"

"Well, I haven't really thought about it." The silver-hair boy replied. "It's just... I've always wondered why we're here on this island. If there are any other worlds out there, why did we end up on this one? And suppose there are other worlds... Then ours is just a little piece of something much greater. So we could have just as easily ended up somewhere else, right?"

Sora was laying down on the trunk of the tree. "I don't know", he said looking up at the orange and red sky.

"That's why we need to go out there and find out." The silver-hair boy insisted. "Just sitting here won't change a thing. It's the same old stuff. So let's go."

Kairi looked at the silver-haired boy with serious eyes and spoke in a soft voice, "You have been thinking about this a lot haven't you?"

"Thanks to you. If you hadn't come here, I probably would've never thought of any of this. Kairi, thanks."

"You're welcome", she said smiling.

After that they all went off to go to their house for the night that was approaching. Just as Sora was leaving the lone island, the silver-haired boy called to him.

"Sora."

He then tossed Sora a bright-yellow star-shaped fruit. "You wanted one, didn't you?"

"A paopu fruit..." Sora said slowly while examining the strange fruit.

"If two people share one, their destinies become intertwined. They'll remain a part of each other's lives no matter what. C'mon, I know you want to try it..." Coaxed the silver haired boy.

"What are you talking-" Sora started but then realized what the other boy was getting at. He laughed and ran off while Sora simply discard the paopu fruit while running to his own home. Meanwhile, in the distance, in another world even, a young girl was training in an academy. She had on a loose fitted martial art styled white robe and pants, with a red belt with two black ties on the end of the belt around her waist.

She loudly yelped as she practiced her maritial arts and toning her legs with strong and solid kicks to the attacking dummy. After the rigorous training, she frisked her hand through her short spiky blue hair. She couldn't have such long hair like before, enemies could have used that to her disadvantage. She was often mistaken for a boy during the first few meeting of people but they soon figured it out. She sighed without breath and while patting herself with a towel to wipe off the sweat from her face, she heard a knock and a voice.

"A letter to Serenity Leonhart of Balamb Gardens from her best friend in the world, Zephyr Hills!" A voice sang out of seemingly nowhere.

Serenity chuckled slightly at her friend who had enter the training facilities through the window.

"Zephyr what are you doing in the window? You know you're not suppose to be here! The Balamb Gardens Academy is for students only!"

"Well they wouldn't let through the front doors so I went through the window. And besides if that rule of 'Students Only' here would keep me out, then I wouldn't have sneaked in here that other fifty times!" Zephyr jumped into the room, her silver hair trailing from her waist. Zephyr had perfectly straight hair that was a steely-silver color with slight blue streaks from the root down to the tips. All her hair was behind her shoulders except for a few strands that would make their way in front of her face. It was flipped over carelessly and styled to not show the left half of her face over Zephyr's long hair reminded Serenity of her old long hair, before it cut while she was being enrolled in the Academy, and she was a bit jealous.

Zephyr then went over to a chair and sat in it, her light blue and black baggy pants covering over her leather boots. Her completely black mid-drift long sleeved that had been slit from the elbow down so that it created a flowing effect, curved to Zephyr's body as she slouched in the chair. Zephyr smiled at Serenity.

"Why are you smiling like that, Zeph?" Serenity asked her friend.

"Well it's just that, now that you're 14 and you're going to be 15 in a few months, that means you can finally graduate and be free from this hell-hole!" Zephyr said happily.

Serenity giggled at this. Zephyr could be so funny at times. "You only think the Academy is a hell-hole Zephyr, because you don't get to see me too much anymore."

Zephyr shifted back into her seat and closed her eyes, slightly pouting. "True... but this time I came for another reason. I found this letter for you... it's from the king..."

Serenity's face turned serious. She pulled up a chair so she could sit with Zephyr and look over the note in Zephyr's hands. "So what does the letter say...?"

~ ~ ~

Back in Destiny Islands, Sora went to talk with the silver-haired boy about their raft. Sora thought of a name for it, but the silver-haired boy rejected it. After some arguing, they had decided that a race will be held to decide on which name for the raft.

"You guys at it again? All right, I'll be the judge." Kairi said. "The usual rules apply: Take any route you want... First one to tag that tree and make it back here wins." Sora and the other boy agreed to the rules.

"If I win, I'm captain!" Sora said, "and if you win..."

"I get to share the paopu with Kairi."

"Huh?" Sora said, shocked.

"Deal? The winner gets to share a paopu with Kairi."

"Wha... Wait a minute..." Said Sora, still shocked from what his friend said.

"Okay. On my count.." Kairi said. "3....2...1... Go!"

And with that the race began.... After the race Sora went over to talk to Kairi about what they still need for the raft.

"Today we collect provisions for our trip! Let's see, Sora, you're looking for... One seagull egg. Three mushrooms. Two coconuts. Three fish. And fill this up with drinking water, but not from the ocean!" Kairi said as she gave Sora an empty bottle.

"Bring everything back here. If you need help, just ask!"

Sora nodded and went off. He was able to find a fresh water waterfall, a coconut tree, a seagull egg, and two of the three mushrooms. Thinking for a while, Sora went off to a special area beyond some trees. He crouched down and crawled into a small hole opening. While in there, Sora was able to find the last mushroom. He also noticed a small drawing that was on the stone wall behind the mushroom.

The drawing was a elementary version of a boy and girl that could be understood as Sora and Kairi. Sora took a nearby rock and scraped it onto the surface of the stone. After he was done, it looked like the Sora drawing was handing a Paopu Fruit to the Kairi drawing's mouth. Behind Sora appeared a man in a large black leather coat with the hood up.

"Wh-Who's there?" said Sora shaken after noticing the strange man.

"I've come to see the door to this world...." The hooded man replied coldly.

"Huh?"

"This world has been connected..."

"Wh-What are you talking about?" stammered Sora, he was starting to get scared of this man.

"Tied to the darkness...soon to be completely eclipsed...."

"Well, whoever you are, stop freaking me out like this! Huh? Wh- Where did you come from?" Sora finally realized that this man wasn't exactly from the island.

"You do not yet know what lies beyond the door..."

"So, you're from another world!" exclaimed Sora.

"There is so very much to learn. You understand so little..."

"Oh, yeah? Well, you'll see. I'm gonna get out and learn what's out there!" Sora barked back. Who was this man and how dare he tell him what he did or didn't know.

"A meaningless effort.." The cloaked man said as a matter-of-fact. "One who knows nothing can understand nothing."

Sora glared at the man who had just insulted him. Upon closer inspection he saw that there was some sort of door behind the man. The hooded figure disappeared and Sora went up to the door to open it. He grunted with every pull on the door. 'I can't open it now...' he thought.

Sora then remembered why he was in the Secret Place in the first place and returned to Kairi with all the provisions. He looked over at Kairi who seemed fixated on some shells she was tinkering with. "What are you doing Kairi?" he asked.

"This?" Kairi asked, holding up the stringed shells. Sora nodded his head. "I'm making a necklace of thalassa shells. In the old days, sailors always wore thalassa shells. They were supposed to ensure a safe voyage."

Sora looked at the necklace, it was very pretty, made from many very well condictioned shells. Sora then handed Kairi all the provisions he had collected before.

"Thanks, Sora! I found something today, too. Here, it's yours." Kairi fished through her pockets again and gave Sora an item. "Tired? Want to call it a day?"

"Yeah, let's go home." Sora said.

"Okay, tomorrow's the big day. We should rest up!"

Later Sora and Kairi were together her sitting on a dock, watching the sunset.

"You know, Riku has changed..." Kairi said.

"What do you mean?"

"Well..." Kairi started, yet seemed to drone off as she blankly started into the sunset.

"You okay?" Sora asked concerned.

"Sora, let's take the raft and go - just the two of us!"

"Huh?" Sora was surprised by this sudden change of behavior of Kairi's.

Kairi started laughing a bit from Sora's expression. "Just kidding."

"What's gotten into you? You're the one that's changed, Kairi."

"Maybe..." Kairi looked down as if in deep thought and said, "You know, I was a little afraid at first, but now I'm ready. No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?"

"Yeah, of course!"

"That's good. Sora, don't ever change."

"Huh?" Sora was again baffled by Kairi's choice of words.

"I just can't wait. Once we set sail, it'll be great."

~ ~ ~

Meanwhile in the Balambs Garden Training Academy, Zephyr shared the note that the King had left with her to Serenity. The following message is from the letter was as follows:

Serenity,

Sorry to rush off without sayin' goodbye, but there's big trouble brewin'. Not sure why, but the stars have been blinkin' out, one by one. And that means disaster can't be far behind. I hate to leave you all but I've gotta go check into it. There's someone with a "key"-the key to our survival. So I need you and Zephyr to find him, and stick with him. Got it? We need that key or we're doomed! So go to Traverse Town and find your father, Leon. He'll point you in the right direction.

P.S.

Would ya apologize to Minnie for me? Thanks.

Serenity blunk a few times simply staring at the letter beyond belief. Serenity had only recently acquired enough training to actually take down a Heartless or two, but even then, she hadn't officially graduated! What in the world was the King thinking to put this responsibility on her shoulders. The fate of all the worlds... and Zephyr wasn't exactly one of the best people to share this task with either. There was no quarrel between the two, Zephyr just had never taken responsibility too well. When the eerie silence was then apparent to Serenity, she just turned her head to Zephyr with her eyes pleading, "Why?"

Zephyr slouched over in her seat, her hair acting as a veil between eye contact between the girl, but serenity knew exactly how Zephyr was feeling. "I didn't read the note before I gave it to you... I had no idea what it said... I wanted it to be a surprise for the two of us... now I wish I had chuck the thing when I could have..."

Zephyr couldn't handle responsibility. "So what does this mean?" Serenity asked innocently.

"It means... we just have to trust the King dude! I mean, they don't put a rodent in charge of an entire world if he doesn't know what he's doing right?" Serenity nodded with a small sound of agreement and a growing smile. "Yeah! A-and if he thinks we're responsibility enough to find this 'key' and save the stars, then maybe we are!"

Serenity grinned happily, Zephyr was taking this well and with such an uplifting feeling! They could do this! "Oh wait.." Serenity walked off a bit and opened a drawer. After ruffling around with the assorted items within, Zephyr finally got a full view of what Serenity was looking for. A journal. Serenity then gathered some pencils along with the book. "While we are doing this 'adventure', we should write down all the things that have happened! So when we looked back, we can always remembered things just as they happened." Zephyr smiled and nodded. Serenity was always writing down stuff it seemed to her. She wanted to document evidencing that was happening to them so she wouldn't forget. She never wanted to forget her friends.

"Alright, but you're writing!"

Serenity smiled. It doesn't matter how dire a situation may seem, Zephyr can and will always cheer it up for Serenity. Now it came only to actually getting to the other worlds...

"Zephyr?"

"Yeah..?" Zephyr got Serenity's look and knew just what she meant. "Oh yeah, while we're in the other world, we can't let anyone know where were from.." No fun for Zephyr. "We have to protect the world border!"

"Order." Serenity quickly corrected her.

"Um... yeah, that too...."

While entering the other room, Zephyr looked down at her and Serenity's outfits. "I think we might need new duds...?" Serenity agreed with a simple yeah and then looked behind her.

"Shira! Come here, girl!" Almost immediately, a pair of glowing yellow eyes with dark slits in the middle darted around and locked on Serenity. Emerging from the shadows was a previously unnoted albino tiger. The feline was large for her age, already slightly larger than ordinary tigers and still considered a kitten for her specific breed. Shira purred contently at the call of her master and rubbed her head on her legs, close to the point where Serenity couldn't stand up. Serenity giggled at the display of affection from her 'pet' and continued on with Zephyr who had watched in amusement.

Venturing on, the two eventually reaching a filled with turning gears and a large space ship on a hangar. Zephyr reached over to pipe and spoke clearly into it. "Yo, anyone up there? Zephyr Hills to launch crew! Anytime you're ready, and by 'anytime you're ready', I mean right now, damn it!"

"Zephyr! What will I do with you...?"

Nonetheless, with the threat or not, the engineers knew what the girls meant. Up in their station, two small, brown chipmunks pulled a lever. A hand crane sprouted out and carried Zephyr and Serenity into the Gummi Ship's cockpit, but not without the typical resistance of Zephyr from being handle by the machine. Zephyr assumes the spot as captain and starts up the ship. She pushes and flicks very switch and button that to non-experience flier would seem like Zephyr had no idea what she was doing. Unfortunately, they would be right. Zephyr continues however despite the anxious look on Serenity's face. "Come on Serenity! Don't worry, how many times have I flown this Gummi before?" Zephyr coaxed to her all while still pushing random buttons. Serenity responded by buckling herself into the seat. "Oh that's right, I haven't flown before... Blast off!"

Zephyr pressed the last button, a large red one, and sounds of the churning gears halt. The floor under the ship opens and the Gummi Ship suddenly falls below them. Serenity's screams fill the cockpit of the ship as Zephyr scrambles to started the engine. The engines of the ship roar into life as they blast off quickly into ship. Zephyr sighed restlessly and fell back into the captain's seat as Serenity attempted to regain her breathe. "See, no biggie?" Zephyr said breathing forcibly. With a soft smack in the back of the head from Serenity, Zephyr just chuckled and went to steering, heading to the start of an adventure they would have never predicted.

~ ~ ~

Meanwhile in Sora's house, Sora lays in bed, his room scattered with old clothes he hadn't bother to pick up despite his mother's constant lectures. He had tried sleeping but the feeling of excitement from what would tomorrow hold was too much. He knew he should have been doing something productive to past the time, just anything, but he also had another unsettling feeling. Just somehow, he knew that nothing would be the same after this. Sora turned his head and looked at the ship he built on the ceiling. It was a small model of the ships he had read about in books, but he was fairly proud of himself when he had finished it. It wasn't bad for a first timer. His gaze however was more focused on two small dolls in the ship. One was Sora, the other was Kairi. Her voice filled his head.

'I just can't wait. Once we set sail, it'll be great...'

'Kairi... what's going to happen to us... after this...?'

Sora sat up in his bed while sighing heavily. He looked outside his window. He had dark storm clouds gathering over the islands where he and his friend played. Lightning crackled and shot out of the ominous clouds.

"A storm...? Oh, no, the raft!"

Immediately without any judgement of his actions, Sora opened the window and climbed out. He couldn't go out the front door, his parents wouldn't let him in this weather understandably.

A voice rang from downstairs to Sora's room. A fairly young, yetmature voice of a woman spoke. "Sora, dinner's ready! Come on down..." No reply.
"Sora?"

Sora was already from his house, inside a boat paddling onwards towards the island as fast he could. As he disembarked on the dock, Sora adverted his vision upwards to a passing dark sphere with a brimming red center in the shadow filled sky.

"What's that?" Sora's question went unanswered. However something else abruptly caught his attention. Two more boats, similar to his were already tied to the dock. "Riku's boat. And Kairi's!" Without delay, he knew what this meant. 'There's here too...'

Before Sora could contemplate on what was going on, pools of black ooze appear from the ground. Equally black claw emerged from the pools and soon many bodies of the solidified darkness stood before him. There were as black and dark as the night with the only part of these strange creature not shrouded in black where their glowing yellow eyes. Sora had never seen animals or any thing of creature for that matter that were like these. They looked upon him with their eerie golden eyes and began walking toward him, often twitching in a sickly manner. Sora instinctively grabbed the wooden sword he played with from the boat and attempted to bat the creatures away. They took little to no damage from the toy sword which only temporarily stunned them or made them move a bit back. The black creature still had no fear of the toy and continued advancing towards Sora. He saw that fighting was getting him nowhere, so Sora did the only thing he could: He ran.
Although a hit to his pride was taken, it was better than if he stayed and let those creatures devour him. Yet no matter where he went, the creatures followed. It seems to Sora that they would always be right back him. Nomatter how much he ran, always right behind, as a Shadow...

Sora panted briskly while stopping for a short time to scanning the area. "Where are they?" Sora said outloud,worried for the safety of his friend. Just then, a figure got Sora's eye. It stood on the second part of the island linked together by a bridge he and his friends built. Sora sprinted towards it. "It's Riku... It's gotta be Riku!" Sora ran faster than ever to get to his friend. He didn't slow down, even as the 'Shadows' used their claws and ripped at his ankles. Sora finally stood before Riku, his ankle sore and bleeding from the several gashes caused by the creatures that now over run the island. Riku was turned away from Sora. Sora searched franticly around. "Where's Kairi? I thought she was with you!" Sora called out to Riku.

"The door has opened..." Riku responded.

"What?" Sora then asked. What was Riku talking about?

"The door has opened, Sora! Now we can go to the outside world!" Riku said while turning to Sora.

"What are you talking about? We've gotta find Kairi!" argued Sora.

"Kairi's coming with us!" Riku spoke with such force, Sora took a step back. "Once we step through, we might not be able to come back. We may never see our parents again. There's no turning back. But this may be our only chance. We can't let fear stop us! I'm not afraid of the darkness!"

"Riku!"

Riku extended his hand to Sora. Sora hesitates for a moment, but just then, the same circle dark pools of shadow that the dark creatures emerged from appeared under Riku. The dark wisps of shadow then began to evelope over Riku, yet he didn't so much as flinch. Sora tried to grab Riku's hand and pull him out from the darkness that was slowly swallowing him whole. However before Sora could touch him, the same darkness began wrapping itself around Sora too. It held Sora down but he resisted it. Sora still attempted to reach out for his friend but the darkness was too strong. It engulfed them both.

Sora still fought of the darkness. Then it a miraculous light, all the shadows shrouding him vanished in a flash and the light dissipated. Sora saw the island was still being torn up by the darkness but now a sudden weight in his right hand advert his mind. A large silver blade with a golden guard, leather bounds on the grip, a dangling chain with a miniature sliver symbol of a circle with two small circles on either side of the top of it at the end, and the tip of the blade designed to resemble a key of sort, an image of a crown made from the three prongs. Sora stared at the weapon that had appeared from nowhere in his hand in wonderment. 'What is this thing? A sword? A key?'

A mysterious voice rang out in his head.

'Keyblade...'

Sora lifted the weapon higher to even with his gaze, the keychain of it softly clinking. 'This is a Keyblade?'

Before Sora could question more of this 'Keyblade' and the location of Riku as he had completely vanished, more of the 'Shadows' appeared. Sora took a step back, but instead of the creatures jumping up and lashing their claws at him like before, they sank low to the ground, waiting and eyeing the blade with some combination of both fear and anger. Some time passed and neither Sora nor the 'Shadows' made a move. One then out of nowhere however jumped out at Sora, it's claws glistening. Sora couldn't register exactly what had happen but he took the blade and swung it at the creature and it took the blow hard as it then disappeared in a mist of darkness that cleared up before it could even hit the ground. The others then stepped away from Sora, eyeing the blade with more fear than anger now. Sora studied the blade and took in the lately chain of event. He then smirked, and held the Keyblade in a combat stance. "Now I CAN fight!"

Some 'Shadows' then leaped at and moved in to attack Sora, but more slunk back to avoid him as one by one he defeat their comrades with great ease. Even in they got one or two hits in, Sora just vanquished them before they had another chance to make a move. With his newfound strength, Sora continued battling the creature for time unknown to him. It was only until he noticed that their numbers weren't shrinking and that the new 'shadows' appearing were much stronger and took more strikes to destroy did Sora realized he still had to find Kairi. Sora had previously searched near all the place in the island where she could be. All except...

'THE SECRET PLACE!'

Sora now stride with the small cave in his mind as the destination, only fighting as much to fend of the 'Shadows' that seemed to now be attacking him with as much power as ever. However to Sora's surprise, the entrance had been convert to a solid ivory door. Continuing on, sora grabbed the gold handles of the door and pushed it open. Inside, Sora near immediately saw Kairi, yet she was facing against him, appearing as if she was looking at the door that appear there.

"Kairi!" Sora called out in gratitude of her safety. Yet as she turned, Sora sensed something was wrong. Her eyes were almost void of any light, her skin was a light pale color, and her voice was ghostly and weak as she called out after him.

"Sora..."

Kairi's step were close and staggering as she attempt to reached out to him. Without warning, the door bursted open and swirls of black wind came out and blow Kairi's frail body to Sora. Sora opened his arms wide and catch her, but Kairi disappeared through him. Before Sora could piece together what was happening, the wind blew him away as well. Sora struggles to get up and seeing that the island is in chaos. The sea and the other smaller island has completely disappear. The sky no longer is visible as the dark, pulsing sphere had grown to even greater size. Everything was torn from the ground, the shack had been destroyed and now old boards of wood were scattered across the small spit of land that Sora stood on. Even now, more and more of what was left of the land he called home was being taken in by the dark sphere.

Sora searched desperately, but there was absolutely nothing left, he was the only one there. Behind him though, the shadows were forming together and were creating a greater being. The image of it only showed on the ground, but as it sprouted up and took on it's gigantic form, Sora turned and gazed upon the massive 'Shadow'. It held similarities to the smaller 'Shadows', but at the same time, was different: It's attenanes had grown to a mess of squirming tentacles that resembled hair of sort, claws now had a more humanoid figure of a hand along with it's entire body, two black bat-like wings that were too tiny in scale of it's mass beated lifelessly on it's back. The most visible difference however Sora saw as he tried to escape to presence of the dark beast, was the empty heart shaped hole in it's chest. Sora didn't get far as he found the edge of the land he was on soon after and got a glimpse of what was over the edge before the dark monster swung it's clawed hand at Sora. The spit of land they were on was floating on nothing while a vortex of purple and black shadows filled and created the atmosphere.

Sora just looked back at the monster before him. Strangely it minded him of a person, even though he knew it had to be something else, but he had once heard stories of the darkness in peoples heart that makes them look like and become monster. Like this one. The 'Darkside' of people.

In the midst of his thoughts, 'Darkside' again lifted his hand to strike Sora down. Grabbing the Keyblade, Sora slammed it into the hand and Darkside pulled back, obviously in pain. 'Looks like I'm going to have to fight... but how?'

Sora then dodge-rolled away to avoid another hit from Darkside. Sora leaped over to it, swinging the blade wildly, but to no avail as his energy was wasted when Darkside appeared to have taken no damage. Then the beast crouched over and inside the heart hole in it's body, dark energy began crackling as it then shot out and spores of the purple energy seemed to float toward Sora. One hit Sora and knocked him down and the other spore followed. Sora tried running away but another hit and stunned him. The rest soon fell to the ground and vanished. Sora panted and stood up, trying to recover. "Why isn't it hurting him? What am I doing wrong?!" Sora shouted in frustration.

Darkside then began gathering energy again into his hand. First raising it high, then slamming it into the ground, Sora just narrowly avoid the attack. From the attack, another dark pool appeared and the smaller Shadows had materialized from the ground once again to fight. Sora knew how to fight these and struck down each one, and then being filled with new strength. During the attacks of the other creatures though, Sora had again struck the hand of the Darkside and noticed it flinched and drawn it's arm back. "It's hand... that must be it's weakness! It did work the first time..."

Now armed with both the will to fight and the knowledge to win, Sora stomped towards Darkside as it prepared for another dark spore attack. Sora quickly found it's hand and attacked it relentlessly. Darkside took his hand back but Sora had climb upon it and hung on, still swing the Keyblade at it. Darkside raised his hand high once more, the high altitude made sora gripped even more to it's hand as he knew what was going to happen. When the dark sphere of energy formed in it's palm Sora was forced to jump off as Darkside slammed it in the sand, more Shadows summoned forth from the pool of black. Sora didn't bother much with the smallfry and just focused all his power to Darkside. It roared in pain as Sora's attacks slowly stole away all it's life. It tried to shake Sora away, but he didn't flee this time. "Oh, no you DON'T!" With that Sora put all his energy into the one blow and that strike finally did it. The Darkside fell back while slowly rising up and combined with the immense dark sphere.

Sora expected it to go away, that the island would be restored, Riku and Kairi would come back, and all would be right again. Nothing could be further for the truth as the dark sphere began taking even more in. Sora grabbed onto a board lodged into the ground. Despite this however, Sora was weak from the fight and couldn't hold on any longer. His grip failed him as he was soon engulfed too into the darkness and his entire island blinked out from existence.
~ ~ ~

And so that's chapter one! -checks to see if anyone survive reading it- If you did, please comment and tell me what you think. And really important, should I break each chapter down to shorten it for those who can't read it all in one sitting, or just do one chapter for one world? I'm counting on you all to help me decide! And my kingdom Hearts 1 game is screwed up so I can't play it and that's why Darkside only does two attacks, I can't remember anything else or some other details... I wasn't view any KH clip when I wrote this... And if you see any errors, tell me, it's too hard for me to check them all....

Anyways, comment! :)

KershaFangs

Sorry, but I wasn't as good as a writer a year before at the parts you're talking about. I've gotten alot better at segways in my writing since then. Thank you for reading, I know it was long so I'm thinking of dividing each one world chapter into two parts. That may be easier on my other 'can't read it all in one sitting' readers. I know what they feel, I'm one of them too... but that's off topic...

As for that fanfiction that YOU worte Acein... was it a KH YGO crossover? I had read a story with e same title as mines, but it was Dragon heart(no s) Then something... I actually left a comment too about the similiar titles. It was on Fanfiction.net and I used the same username where ever I go, KershaFangs.

If it wasn't... then I would like to read it some time :)

Haku

<3
Wow that was a really long starting chapter, but I still enjoyed it though.

KershaFangs

So far, people think it was too long, well it is the longest chapter I have ever written, unless you count chapter two which is even longer... I'll start dividing the chapters for next time then. Thank you for the positive review though ^-^

Haku

<3
Oh its nothing like that I actually prefer long chapters because they have more detail and thought put into them than the short ones xD.

KershaFangs

Ah, I understand completely. I enjoy long chapters too, at least if it's reasonable. I just wish there would be more people who actually enjoy long stories like you, I've seen people here actually say, 'Oh it's too long! I'm not going to read it!'. So far the number of those people outnumber the ones like you, so I'll post half and half... it also serves as a sort of cliff hanger too now that I think about it. ^-^ I hope you'll read my future chapters too, I'll try for at least once a week to update as it is still a work in progress, but the storyline has been completely thought out.

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
Sorry, but I wasn't as good as a writer a year before at the parts you're talking about. I've gotten alot better at segways in my writing since then. Thank you for reading, I know it was long so I'm thinking of dividing each one world chapter into two parts. That may be easier on my other 'can't read it all in one sitting' readers. I know what they feel, I'm one of them too... but that's off topic...

As for that fanfiction that YOU worte Acein... was it a KH YGO crossover? I had read a story with e same title as mines, but it was Dragon heart(no s) Then something... I actually left a comment too about the similiar titles. It was on Fanfiction.net and I used the same username where ever I go, KershaFangs.

If it wasn't... then I would like to read it some time :)

The name of mine is Lost Hearts and its on this site.

Last edited:

KershaFangs

Alright, it's the end of the week, but I got the second chapter now! This one has alot more of Zephyr and Serenity. Also, I cut out the fight between Sora and Leon because I didn't want to write it... I am lazy to an extreme, yes. Well can't really think of anything else to say, except if there are any errors, point them out. So enjoy the even longer chapter 2.

Dragon Hearts
-----
Chapter 2: Meeting New friends
-----

Zephyr and Serenity wandered around in a new town after leaving their ship, which by some miracle Zephyr didn't crash. Shira followed after Serenity without question. The duo had expected to find Leon upon first entering the world, but to their disappointment he hadn't show up and it seems as if the others in the area didn't know where he was either. So they continued on, strolling up the steps of an olden-type town drape forever in eternal night. Zephyr yawned loudly, obviously wanting some form of entertainment to wake herself up.

"Look, Zephyr! A star's going out!" Serenity pointed out to her. Zephyr adverted her gaze up and saw the star Serenity was speaking of. It flickered away before almost shining away from existence as it left with a trail of light. Zephyr's eyes narrowed and her face remained emotionless.

"Come on. Let's hurry." Zephyr said flatly, grabbing Serenity's wrist and dragging her along before she began walking at her own pace. After only walking only a few more feet, Zephyr stops, crosses her arms, and mutters to herself. "Where's that key...?"

"Hey... maybe we should be looking for Dad instead of just waiting around. He might not know we're here yet." Serenity suggested to the thinking Zephyr. Zephyr looked down at her and nods in agreement. However as Zephyr and Serenity conversed, Shira's attention was diverted as she ventured towards an alley. There she see Sora, unconscious against a wall, but with few scratches and wounds and still breathing.

Shira purrs softly in questioning the appearance of the boy. She rubs her head under Sora's chin but gets nothing more than a soft moan from him. Then she licked his cheek. Sora's expression changed as the irritation from Shira's sandpaper-like tongue woke Sora up.

"What a dream..." Sora drowsily remarked after seeing a glimpse of the white tiger and fell back into sleep. Shira sensed this and playfully pounced onto his chest. Sora's eyes snapped open as he is waken by the sudden weight on his chest and shocked back into reality.

"This isn't a dream!" He shouted!

Shira looks into Sora's eyes in curiosity, purring softly, however to Sora, it seems as if she was glaring at him and growling. Sora shook in fear and tried to step away from the tiger. "N-nice kitty... Pre-pretty k-kitty, you don't want t-to hurt m-me, right?" Sora said quaking and trying to inch away from Shira. Shira's head cocked to the side in confusion.

'What is this boy doing? Why is he shaking, is he cold? Maybe he wants to play... Yeah! Let's play!'

Shira crouched down and sprang out at Sora with a roar of excitement. Sora didn't know what Shira had actually meant by pouncing him, but he wasn't going to take his chance with a tiger! He had never seen one before, but he knew that they had claws and teeth and that was enough for him. He had jumped up and was just barely hanging onto a lamppost on a ledge above him as his feet dangled helplessly above Shira. Her head cocked again to the side.

'This boy is weird... He looks like he's stuck there... I should get him down and then we'll play!'

Shira stood up and leaned against the wall for support and begin pawing at Sora. He stared in completely terror as he saw as Shira was clawing at him. "N-nice kitty- AH! Leave me alone..."

Shira sat on all four and she watched the frightened Sora shake and somewhat sob.

'This boy is no fun... he won't get down...'

Meanwhile Serenity walked side by side with Zephyr. Then she noticed the Shira wasn't following her anymore. "Oh that tiger, always trailing everything except for me... Shira! Shira, sait lock-nah!"

Shira tried once again to get Sora down, much to his dismay. Just then Serenity's words echoed and Shira's ears perked up as she heard some words in a language familiar to her.

"Shira! Sait lock-nah!"

Shira looked over at the direction the voice came from and walked over there, soon after running. 'Coming Serenity! This boy was no fun anyways...'

As the tiger that was terrorizing him had vanished from sight, Sora sighed in relief and help himself down. "That was weird... a tiger coming from nowhere... heh..." Sora stood up and for the first time, got a good look around. "Where am I...?"

After Sora got out of the alleyway he gasped, everything was different. The buildings, the people, everything! Then he realized it.

"I'm in another world!" Sora exclaimed. He did it! "Wait until I tell... oh, that's right..." The thought of his friends, Riku, who disappeared at the island in the darkness, and Kairi, who had just vanished when he met her. It immediately sadden him. The only thing he would want now is to know that both of them were OK. Sora surveyed the town. As long as he's here, he might as well look around. Sora turned his head and already found a large building which would have blended evenly with the rest of the strange town, if it weren't for the impressive multi-colored neon sign which read, 'Accessory Shop'. Shrugging, Sora grabbed the handle and pushed the door open, still troubled with the disappearance of his friends.

A blonde hair man with a toothpick in his mouth and a smug smile which seemed plastered on his face noticed the sound of a bell ring and the signal of a potential customer.

"Hey there, how can I... aw, it's only a kid..." Realizing the child wouldn't heighten his sales, he went back to his own shop.

"I'm not a kid!" Sora snapped back. "And the name's Sora!" Even with the irritation of the man's words lingering in Sora, his remorse overtook his emotions.

"Okay, okay, simmer down. So why the long face, Sora? You lost or something'?"

"No! Well, maybe. Where are we?"

"Huh?"

The store owner stared Sora straight in the eyes and quickly realized it. He lost his world too. So he did what he could, he told Sora about the town and some of it's history. Only a sentence or so. Then Sora told him about his own home, on the island and what had occurred before arrive. Obviously excluding the incident with that tiger.

"Traverse Town... So, gramps, is this really another world?"

"Don't call me gramps! The name's Cid! Anyway... Not sure what you're talkin' about, but this sure ain't your island.

"Hmm... Guess I'd better start looking for Riku and Kairi."

"Well, good luck with whatever it is you're doing. If you ever run into trouble, you come to me. I'll look out for you."

Sora had a small smile on his face, now knowing that at least he had someone here in this foreign world. Just before Sora could exit, Cid then called out after Sora.

"Hey kid! Wanna buy a potion?"

Sora did buy a few items along with the potion and ventured forward. He came across a large gate and read a small sign. 'Second Distinct.'

Sora pushed the doors apart, struggling a bit a first, but the rest came easy. Sora walked, eyeing his surrounding readily. Everything seemed calm, until Sora then saw a man running staggeringly and fell down. Then from within his chest, a small swirling light appear and a crystalline heart flown out. The body of the man disappeared in a dark mist and the heart was enveloped in the darkness and another one of the dark creature took form. Sora hadn't seen this one before, it stood up straight like a human with more accurate body shape. It's head was covered with a thin silver helmet, it's claws were black with red finger tips, and it's body was blue with a symbol of a heart with a red outline and a 'X' cross with barbs on it. It noisily clanked about with it's constant twitching. However, more dark creatures materialized. These Sora recognized as the Shadows.

'It's those creatures from the island!'

Sora fought this batch just like the last. He could almost feel himself getting stronger from all the challenges recently as he noticed he could defeat the shadows in less swings than before. He easily rid himself of the Shadows, but the new creature was much more of a hassle. It had higher fighting skills than the pure black creature and could defect Sora's strikes while getting some swipes in too. Sora swung at the clanking creature and took advantage of it's baffled state to string together more hits and defeated it. Sora then decided he rather turn back than try to battle any other variety of these creature, noting that they are seeming to become more powerful as he does.

So Sora returned to the Accessory Shop and saw Cid.

"Still haven't found 'em?" he inquired. Sora shook his head as he collapsed on a chair. "Keep your chin up. Take another look around town."

Sora nodded and exited the shop. He sighed heavily while wiping the sweat beads from his forehead. 'Everything seems quiet... too quiet..' He had almost gotten used to the random attacks by now.

"They'll come at you out of nowhere..."

"Who are you?" Sora spun around and saw the one who spoke. It was a man, he appear to be fairly young but with a strong sense of maturity. He had brown hair, long bangs parted across his face and rested on the sides of his face. There was a scar between his blue eyes on his nose and he was dressed in a leather jacket over a white shirt with a silver lion head pendent, black leather pants with two brown belts which crossed over each other, and boots.

"And they'll keep on coming at you, as long as you continue to wield the Keyblade," the man continues, "but why? Why would it choose a kid like you?"

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?"

"Never mind. Now, let me see that Keyblade..."

Sora's eyes darted back and forth between his keyblade and the man. "What?" His grip tighten on it's hold. "There's no way you're getting this!"

"All right, then..." The man pulled out a long silver blade with on revolver-like gun attached to it with the hold of the sword also resembling a gun's hold. "Have it your way."

-----

After the fight, the man felled to his knees, crunched over still holding his blade faithfully in hand. 'How could I lose...? To a kid no less...?'

Sora stood victorious, yet weak. His breath were long and heavy as he tried to get enough air to breathe. "Now...you're...gonna...you're gonna..." Sora felled backwards and collapsed on the floor unconscious, keyblade resting by him as well. The fight took the rest of his energy he had inside him.

"Aw, you're slipping, Leon." A perky voice rang out.

"I went easy on him. Looks like things are worse than we thought." The man looked directly at the Keyblade and winced. "A lot worse."

=====

Meanwhile, Serenity and Zephyr wandered around a different district. Serenity's steps were close, small, yet fast as she held a hand up to her lips and quivered a bit.

"Wow, there's nobody here... it's kinda scary..."

Zephyr's movements contracted Serenity's as Zephyr took long strides with her arms tossed over her head, elbows high in the air, and an apathetic look plastered on her face.

"Eh, whatever!" Zephyr boasted out. "I'm not scared! If you need someone to comfort you here in the dark, I'd understand that, but I'm not freaked out one bit! No way!"

Just then, a long and thin pale finger tapped Zephyr gently on her right shoulder. Shivers ran up and down her spine before Zephyr ultimately screamed out and jumped on to Serenity. It was an amusing, yet strange sight to see as Zephyr practically crushed the poor smaller girl with her weight on her back.

"Excuse me. Did the king send you?"

Both of them turned their head slowly, Zephyr for being terrified out of her head by the sudden yet slight touch, and Serenity from the strain her had from still carrying her friend. They relaxed as they saw a familiar face of a woman named Aeris in a light pink dress with a red over jacket and bow tied to her long brown braid.

=====

"Come on, lazy bum. Wake up."

Sora woke softly from the sound of his friend, Kairi. He turned his head and saw that he was in a hotel room of sorts, the walls were a light tan and patterns of a green shade bordered the room and around the door entrance. His head rested on a soft, cotton, white pillow that smelled fresh from the laundry. Yet the only thing he truly focused on was the image of Kairi standing before him. 'She's safe...' he thought with a small smile to himself.

"You okay?" she asked concerned.

"I guess..." Sora replied shifted himself in a sitting position on the edge of the bed facing her. His body was still sore from his brutal fight with Leon but he didn't want to worry her with such trivial details.

"Those creatures that attacked you are after the Keyblade. But it's your heart they really want, because you wield the Keyblade."

Sora looked down and sighed. Where did Kairi learned this, he wondered. He'll just have to ask later. "I'm just so glad you're okay, Kairi."

Kairi shifted his stance back and rested her hands on his hip. "Kairi? Who are you talking about?" Just then, her voice changed. "I'm the great ninja Yuffie."

A white flash appeared and Sora saw instead of Kairi, a black-haired girl with it cut short and curling around her face. She was bended over examining Sora closely then putting a hand on his forehead to check if he was sick. He did had an hallucination after all...

"I think you might've overdone it, Squall," she chirped to the man that Sora had fought. He was leaning against the wall but walked stepped away from it and turned to Yuffie.

"That's Leon..." He replied bitterly. He changed his name to hide the memories of his past, but if Yuffie continued to call him that, he just may not accepted what had happened...

"The Keyblade..." Sora said slowly as he saw his weapon supported by the door frame near Leon.

"Yeah, we had to get it away from you to shake off those creatures," Yuffie stated while walking away from Sora and to Leon's side. She turned on her heel and finished. "It turns out that's how they were tracking you."

"It was the only way to conceal your heart from them." Leon folded his arms. "But it won't work for long." He bended down and picked up the keyblade, holding it high. "Still hard to believe that you of all people are the chosen one. "

The keyblade disappeared from Leon's hand in a twinkling light and reappeared in Sora's possession. Sora was a bit taken back by this.

"Well, I suppose beggars can't be choosers..." Leon said as he walked forward and stopped in front of Sora.

Sora's eyes narrowed. "Why don't you start making sense!? What's going on here?" he demanded.

=====

"Okay, you know there are many other worlds out there besides your homes and this town, right?" Aeris asked Zephyr and Serenity after they had moved themselves to another hotel room to talk.

"Yeah..." Serenity was unsure of what she was getting at.

"But they're supposed to be a secret!" Zephyr said sarcastically, waving her hands as if to say, 'Ooh! Secret! Just no fun for Zephyr...'

"They've been secret because they've never been connected. Until now. When the Heartless came, everything changed...."

=====

"The Heartless?" Sora questioned.

Yuffie sat next to him on the bed. "The ones who attacked you, you remember?"

"Those without hearts..." He said bluntly. It was obvious then why they were called Heartless.

"The darkness in people's hearts, that's what attracts them--" Yuffie started.

"And there is darkness within every heart." Leon finished.

Yuffie turned her face to Sora. "Hey, have you heard of someone named Ansem?"

=====

"Ansem?" Serenity repeated.

"He was studying the Heartless. He recorded all of his findings in a very detailed report." Aeris answered.

"Oh! Then can we see it?" Serenity's face light up. Writing was her passion and enjoyed many if not all forms of literature.

"It's pages are scattered everywhere."

Serenity's face fell after hearing this. Zephyr looked at her with a small frown at the displeasure of seeing her disappointed. "Scattered?" Serenity repeated.

"To many worlds."

"Oh, then maybe the king went to find them." Zephyr said, just throwing words into the conversation since it seemed to her that she was being too quiet so far.

"Yes, those were my thoughts exactly."

'Woah, way to go Zephyr, you say something and everyone actually agrees with you!' Zephyr thought to herself with a slightly expression of surprise.

"We've got to find him quick!" Zephyr blurted out.

"Wait! First, we need that 'key'!" Serenity reminded both Zephyr and herself so that they would get side tracked. Nothing can go wrong, this mission is on a much higher scale than the other small tasks they had done.

Aeris nodded to Serenity. "That's right. The Keyblade."

=====

"So...this is the key?" Sora held it up straight and good a real good look at it. A blade shaped like a key would obviously be some kind of 'key'.

"Exactly!" Yuffie nodded, smiling that Sora was finally staring to get in.

"The Heartless have great fear of the Keyblade. That's why they'll keep coming after you... no matter what."

"Well, I didn't ask for this!"

Yuffie then spoke. "The Keyblade chooses its master. And it chose you."

"So tough luck." Leon said bluntly as he retreat back to his wall.

"How did all this happen...?" Sora laid back in the bed to take it all in. "I remember being in my room... " Sora's eyes then opened suddenly and Sora stood up as quickly as he just laid down. "Wait a minute! What happened to my home? My island? Riku! Kairi..."

"You know what? I really don't know." Leon answered with his eyes closed, this time with a softer tone.

Afterwards an eerie silence filled the room. It was broke when Leon spoke to Sora.

"Sooner or later, the Heartless will find you. You'd best prepare yourself."

"Prepare for what?" Sora asked.

"To fight for your life. Are you ready?"

Sora looked down to think about it. After immediately seeing his Keyblade and recalling the 'Heartless' he had fought so far, it didn't take much thought. "I'm ready!"

Leon nodded and turn to the ninja girl. "Yuffie, let's go join Aeris. She should be there by now with the others."

Yuffie was about to say something, but then she gasped as she saw the swirling darkness sphere of mixed colors that the Heartless emerge from. "Leon!" She shouted pointing to one Soldier that had come forth from it.

"Yuffie, go!" Leon yelled with no comment back from Yuffie. She silently ran out, following what Leon had to say. Meanwhile, Aeris, Serenity and Zephyr had left their room and we're going to the one Leon was in. Zephyr was just about to knock, but unfortunately for her, Yuffie barged through the door, slamming into on the back swing and Zephyr only yelling for a spilt second before being knocked out from the impact with the wall. Yuffie was running too fast to notice and continued on.

"Yuffie?" Aeris called out, so surprised by Yuffie's expression that she hadn't notice what had befallen Zephyr too. Aeris follows after her knowing trouble can't be too far. Only Serenity stayed back as she was there to see if Zephyr was alright. It sounded like Yuffie use quite a lot of force and she saw this too when the door moved back to it's frame and reveal Zephyr plastered into the wall, cracks from the hit were deep and wide, yet the frozen look of both shock and surprise on Zephyr's face was priceless. Serenity reached into her bag she had been toting on her back and pulled out a small dark blue camera. As she snapped a picture, Serenity finally knew there was a reason why she brought a camera everywhere...

Leon readies his Gunblade and Sora did the same for his Keyblade.

"Sora, let's go!" Leon said slashing the air with his weapon. With a mighty hit, the Heartless was thrown back and flew threw the window and outside. "Don't bother with the small fry. Find the leader! Go!" Leon jumped through the scattered window, the sound of glass crunching under his soles briefly echoed in the area the Heartless was thrown into before Leon hopped over the ledge and took the two story high fall with ease. Sora stood there for a moment before he regained himself and ran out the door instead following Leon.

As Sora exited the hotel and battled the larger groups of Heartless, he thought to himself. 'Leon can take on that one puny Heartless... I mean he made it break through that window with one hit! He really was going easy on me...' Sora struck a Shadow with one blow and it died instantly as the darkness that filled it and created it's form, faded back into the shadows. 'Heh, and why would he? I'm getting stronger! And besides, I beat him pretty bad anyways and that's not bad for some who had only had the Keyblade for a day!' Sora's newfound sense of pride had him taking down several Heartless, but not truly heading somewhere. It was then Sora remembered Leon's words.

'Don't bother with the small fry. Find the leader! Go!'

Sora sighed in his mind and ran down some stairs, the Heartless hot on his trail. Sora didn't like the idea of running away, but Leon was right. Once Sora had found the leader and killed him, then the rest of them should move on, seeing how they would know they are outmatched. Sora only stood and fought with some weaker Shadows that were in his way, but finally made it to a large door that had a sign on it which read: Third District

Sora had a gut feeling this is where he need to go. As he enter through and found the next area, the Heartless that were trying to attack him vanished into the darkness. It was like they knew that their efforts shouldn't be wasted. This made Sora even more certain that the leader was in here.

Serenity and Zephyr enter from a small entrance and stood on a ledge, almost directly above Sora. Serenity sighed and looked at Zephyr hopelessly. Zephyr had dragged all around town after she had regain herself from that door incident. The latest place? Across some roof tops and eventually a small shaft and crawling in a cramp air duct-like pathway until it dropped them both here. Don't even ask how they manage to get Shira through there with her being almost twice as big as the opening. That's a mystery even to her. Serenity sat on the edge of the ledge and patted Shira's head who return it with a soft purr and resting her head on Serenity's knee. Zephyr was trying to get a good view of things.

"I told you Serenity, this place has a great view of the district. We can totally find that 'key' now!"

As Serenity looked around she noted that Zephyr was right, but not only can you have a view but at this height, the stars were a beauty. Another one flickered out and move through the sky like a shooting star before vanished at the end of the light tail.

'Mom... I hope you're alright...'

Another Heartless portal opened and yet again, a group of Soldiers appeared. Serenity gasped and stood on her feet after rising from the ledge.

Serenity had brandished out her trusty weapon of choice: A thick leather-bound whip with the tip incase in a heavy golden steel shaped as a talon about 2 inches long. With a great length of the whip, she could lash it out on an enemy from almost a clear meters away without the force of the blow diminishing, her range can go higher though. It had been wrapped around the belt loops of Serenity's pants and got most people's eyes as just a normal belt.

Zephyr had already summon her weapon: Two silver lances with the head of the blade it held at the head incase with an image of a dragon biting into the blade to hold it's place. It was crafted and painted onto the lances' long grip were shades of silver and light teal which spiraled around the weapon until at the end on the tail appeared out and made the end of the lance with the tip of it's spaded tail that served as another blade. Zephyr breathed in and exhaled, her eyes now focused and serious.

Zephyr handled her lance with completely calm and poise, while Serenity stood behind Zephyr, eyeing the Heartless carefully. A small feral growl escaped Serenity throat as her eyes glowed a bright golden shade, one that could match a Heartless, with a thin black slit. "Let's end this quickly..."

As Zephyr slashed the Heartless, making it retreat into darkness, she closed her eyes, her lances had vanished in a small gust of air. She brought her arms from her side to up, and around, then down in a pressing movement as she sighed. She then opened her eyes. "See? I told you, piece of cake." Zephyr was back to her mischievous self. Serenity blinked away her glowing eyes and they reverted back to her normal nearly black eyes.

"Yeah, you were right, I am getting better." Serenity went back to sitting on her ledge and Shira sat in the corner, she had bother to fight because she knew the two were perfectly capable and handling it on their own. Zephyr laughed as agreeing and gave Serenity a friendly push, however Serenity was startled by it and starting falling backwards. Zephyr gasped and terror spiked through her body. She leaped forward and grabbed her hand, but Serenity was already almost completely off the ledge and Zephyr was pulled down with Serenity.

The girls started yelling and Sora looked up and was shocked by the sight of two girls falling for the sky... and falling directly above him! Sora tried to run but it was too late and Sora was buried under Serenity and Zephyr with his arm in front of him. The girls were still a little dizzy and confused from the fall but as soon as they snapped out of it, after Serenity murmuring many 'Sorry' and Zephyr kicking Sora everytime he tried to move for a the first few seconds, they looked at the Keyblade and gasped happily.

"The key!" They said in unison.

Before anything could be explained, an earthquake-like shaking was felt and all four exits of the section of the district were cut off with three stone pillars which raised up from nowhere. Several more Soldiers appeared, some of them dancing on top of the pillars. Zephyr and Serenity eyed all the Heartless while they were back-to-back, mentally count them all. They were still a bit weakened from the last fight but if they could fight with the Keyblader, they could take them on.

"Alright kid, here's the deal: There's too much for you, and even for us, so we'll have to work together! Either that, or we get our hearts eaten by some mutant black bugs wearing tin cans. So you're either in or dead!" Zephyr barked at Sora. He was still trying to find out what was going on.

"W-Wait a minute! Don't I have some other saying in this?" Sora changed his sight from and back between Zephyr and the Heartless.

Then one of the creatures that had circle them made the first move and unleashed a Cyclone kick which Serenity then took out her whip and wrapped it around it's leg to both successfully stop the attack and slam it into a wall, making the Heartless dissolve into nothingness. All at once, the swarm of Heartless flocked together and began attacking en mass.

"No, you don't!" Zephyr yelled back, her voice harsh yet her movements as soft as the breeze she was named for. "We can properly do the introduction crap later! I'm Zephyr!" Zephyr slashed the Heartless in half as both sides dissipated, and continued hacking them away as Serenity was beating one into submission and only relieving it for spilt moment to whip the others that came closer to her before resuming.

"Ugh! Serenity!" She grunted out between the lashes she delivered to the Heartless. She finally defeated that one and choose another victim from the horde gathering.

"Now you! Who are you, boy?"

Sora finished off a number of Soldier after one combo, and struck down another. "Sora!"

-----

After they finally rid themselves of every pesky Soldier, the now-trio collapsed their back against the others in a triangle.

'Maybe I shouldn't have used so much energy to beat just those Heartless and show off...'
They strangely thought together.

They got up after only a minute and looked at each other, but before they could actually get to talk, another earthshaking rumbling was felt. From the sky, what looked to be a large suit of purple and black armor with golden edge fell in a shambled mess. When it approached the ground it's limbs merged together and was held together as a working body by not joints but an invisible force that attracted the piece together. As it hit the ground with such great force, that the pavement where it landed was horribly cracked and shattered, it stood with two feet and gauntlets and a torso with a symbol of a heart with a red outline and a thorny X like on the Soldiers, but no head. Almost on cue, the head fell down and took it's role as a helmet to this disembodied knight's armor. It then flipped it's separate limbs and floated smoothly on the invisible force that both attracted and repelled it's parts.

The three stood their ground against this new foe. None of them knew what kind of Heartless, nor what it's attack strategy was... Sora was skeptical of what he should do. Just randomly attack like what he had been doing do the other smaller Heartless, or it there a specific way to defeat this one like with Darkside...?

"When you are facing an foe who's style of fighting you aren't familiar with, a good strategy is to just wait and watch it, and exploit it's weakness..." Zephyr stated calmly, her lance floating beside her in a trapped gale wind. It sound very wise and Sora was surprised to hear something like that from the same girl who was cursing and kicking him only a few moments ago.

The Guard Armor took a few small steps and then it tipped it's torso forward and it's detached arms circled around and around it's body and flew with such force at an unsuspected range. It knock all three of them back and Serenity was the first to stand up, her eyes glowing like ember on a fire.

"Another good strategy is when the first one doesn't work, just randomly beat it until you work something that works!" Serenity snarled, wiping the blood from a cut on her cheek that Guard Armor's metal gauntlet's tips caused. "Shira! Sait lock-nah!"

Shira ran over to Serenity's side in a white flash and snarled and hissed menacingly at Guard Armor. It did not flinch at Shira's taunt but still started stomping about. Serenity leaped forward and trapped the Heartless' left arm within the whip. She pulled back with since force that it ripped from the body of Guard Armor and Serenity proceeded to beat down the arm while Shira sprang onto Guard Armor's torso and clawed and bit into it. Sora looked at Zephyr and she went into battle as doing the same as Serenity, taking down the other arm and to destroy that part individually. Sora wasted no time and the three had successfully taken out both arms and feet.

The Guard Armor's just done yet, as Sora, Serenity, and Zephyr charged forward to attack in union and finish it off quickly, the torso began spinning just as the arms did, except it was a head-on collision and the trio took most of the damage. Serenity and Zephyr tried to attack again, but it's last resort attack was very effective on Serenity and Zephyr as even though they had gotten a number of hit in, the Guard Armor had done more damage with just two. However, they didn't give up! The girls charged blindly once again, but Guard Armor was already preparing his attack. Sora, who had gotten thrown back onto the wall from the force of it's last attack knew that they would be able to take it. While it was distracted while focusing on Zephyr and Serenity, Sora had got to attack it from behind. The torso was blocked from the move it was about to perform and chose Sora as the target this time. When it began it's next assault, Sora had actually managed to climb inside the torso. He wasn't exactly sure how he got this idea but it was working since it couldn't find Sora and was baffled. Serenity and Zephyr had step back after seeing Sora actually climb inside. They were so exhausted that Serenity's eyes reverted back to black and Zephyr's wind gale that flew her and her weapon was fading away quickly.

"If this kid really is the Key, then he can finish this without us..." Zephyr spoke one last bit of wisdom before collapsing on the floor and watching the torso from a distance.

Sora couldn't see what was happening but he got a strong feeling that the two girls were trying to rest. That was good, they had fought their best but they also knew when to retreat. Sora then heard something that was almost like small bells being shook repeatedly, yet it was faint. Sora looked up and saw a large crystalline pink heart.

'This must be what it giving this Heartless it's power...' Sora thought. Just then he heard another noise, coming from the Keyblade. It wasn't so much as an actual sound, but an instinct-like feeling. 'This better work...' Sora lifted the Keyblade up, it poised right under the heart. 'Here goes nothing!' Sora stabbed the heart and an massive explosive of light filled the dark inside of the armor. It blinded Sora and he fell out of the torso. Rubbing his eyes to try to see, Sora finally got a glimpse of the Guard Armor. It was spinning out of control in the sky, it's movement spurratic until it's head rolled off and the same heart that Sora had stab flew free into the sky. He could have almost swore he heard a small 'thank you' before it disappeared. The remainder of the Heartless vanished away, faded away from existence in both purple and clear mist. Sora turned around and saw Zephyr and Serenity staring at him dumbfounded.

Just then, Serenity put her hands over each other and cupped the area where her heart was. 'Who is this boy...? Why do I feel for him like this? It's... strange..' Serenity said to herself, her cheek blushing as she admired Sora. Zephyr saw the look of Serenity as she didn't lift her eyes off of Sora and the red tints on her cheeks. Zephyr growled in her throat and glared at Sora with despise and loathing. Serenity got up from Zephyr's side and ran up to Sora. Zephyr then followed after.

"Hey... so ... um... that was really cool! What you did...." Serenity said, often looking down, halting between words, and just being quiet. 'I want to know him...' she thought.

Sora rubbed his head. "Well, you know, you helped a lot too! Man, you were awesome with that whip, dude! I've never seen a guy around my age do something like that. Wait, how old are you?" Sora said quickly. Serenity was a bit dumbfounded and Zephyr raise an eyebrow in question.

'Man...? Dude...? Guy...? Uh no...' Zephyr would have slapped herself in the face, but instead only hid it in her hand. 'This kid thinks Serenity's a boy.... Dumbass....'

Serenity blinked a few times, confused. Yet Serenity avoid questioning his choice of words and decided to answer him. "I'm 14... but turning 15 around next month." Serenity's face still burned and was flushed with red. 'Why does he make me feel like this...?'

Although, Serenity didn't figure it out just then, Zephyr did. 'She likes him.... Ugh! How can she like him? He's so scrawny and thin... if it wasn't for that oversized key, he'd just be like any other kid! Why is she doing that? We're doing good, just the two of us... we don't need him. He's not good enough for you anyways...' Zephyr crossed her arms.

Sora then looked at Zephyr. "Hey we didn't exactly get a proper introduction-" Sora started but Zephyr cut him off.

"Just so you know now or ever, don't even try anything with me, I'm already with someone."

Sora's eyes darted back and forth from between Zephyr and Serenity."So... does that mean you two are going out?"

Zephyr's eyes widen in shock and she stomped her foot loudly as she looked down at Sora, her face slightly red. Zephyr gave Sora a hard hit on the head and started beating him while Serenity covered her now even redder face with her hand.

-----

"So, you were looking for me?" Sora mumbled, jaw sore from Zephyr's beating.

"Uh huh." They both said at the same time, yet Zephyr turned her face and Serenity was looking down.

"They, too, have been seeking the wielder of the Keyblade." The three turned around and saw both Leon and Yuffie standing there. Sora chuckled a bit.

"How long had you two been watching?"

"Doesn't matter." Leon looked down at Serenity. She sheepishly gazed up at him.

"Hi Dad..." Serenity's voice was soft. Sora was surprised, he thought Leon was only in his 20's, but he has a kid his own age? He looked fairly young, what is his secret?

Leon and Serenity didn't leave each other's sight and the silence was strange. Finally, Leon sighed. "You should follow what the King said. He said find the key, you did. Now you should go with him."

Serenity gasped and smiled. She threw her arms around Leon's head. "Thank you!" Serenity then went back to her spot next to Zephyr.

"I suppose this mean you will have to come with us. We can go to other worlds in our ship." Zephyr shifted her weight to the side, still examining Sora. Despite the little amusement they had previously, Sora just look at the ground unhappy.

"I wonder if I could find Riku and Kairi then..."

"Of course you will!" Zephyr agreed loudly.

"Um, Zephyr... are you sure about that?" Serenity whispered to Zephyr as they turned their backs to Sora.

"Who knows? But we need him to come with us to help us find the king." Zephyr responded. They both turned around and smiled.

"Sora, go with them. Especially if you want to find your friends." Leon said.

"Yeah, I guess then..." Sora still remained sadden. His expression worried Serenity and Zephyr noticed that.

She sighed. 'The things I do for her...'

"But you can't come along looking like that. Understand? No frowning. No sad face. Okay? I'm not letting some depressed person ruin my mood."

"Yeah, you just have to smile, like us!" Zephyr and Serenity then struck a pose and flashed a beautiful smile. Sora still was unfazed.

"This ship runs on smiles. If you can't smile, then we won't let you on." Zephyr knew he had to say yes after that.

"Smile...?" Sora said lowly. He took in a deep breath and gave a big smile. Zephyr and Serenity just stared at him then Sora's face felled when they hadn't said anything. The two girls just looked at each other and then...

"HAHAHAHA! Now that is a smile!" Even though they were giggling at him, Sora began to laugh himself.

"Okay, why not? I'll go with you two."

"I'm Zephyr Hills." Zephyr extended her hand.

"Serenity Leonhart!" Serenity laid her hand on top of Zephyr's.

"Ok, and I'm Sora." Sora then rested his hand on top.

"Ok, then. We're all in on this one together!" Zephyr said, and then shortly after slapping Sora in the back of the head.

"Ow! What was that for!?"

"Well if you have to asked, then I'm not telling..." Zephyr taunted. Sora stared at her incredibly and then nudged Serenity with his elbows.

"Girls, huh?"

Serenity remained quiet and held her hands close to her chest. 'I really like him... but he's just a bit clueless...'
=====

Meanwhile in a dark surroundings, a group of mysterious people gather around an image of Sora, Zephyr, and Serenity walking along on their path, the only light in the room coming from the glowing of the green circle that the image lay upon.

"That little squirt took down that Heartless! Who'd have thought it?"

"Such is the power of the Keyblade. The child's strength is not his own."

"Why don't we turn him into a Heartless? That'll settle things quick enough."

"And the brat's friends are the king's lackeys. Swoggle me eyes, they're all bilge rats by the look of them."

"You're no prize yourself." The voice then cackle at his own statement.

"Shut up!"

"Enough. The Keyblade has chosen him. Will it be he who conquers the darkness? Or will the darkness swallow him? Either way, he could be quite useful..."

=====

Sora was saying good bye to all the new friends and people he met in Traverse Town before leaving. Zephyr stood in front of him. "Here Sora, so you're not completely useless in battle and you can learn some magic like me." Zephyr held a small red orb that cackled like fire. The flames broke out of the gem and engulfed Sora. He felt the intense heat enveloping around him but it did not burn nor scorch him and there was no pain. The tendrils of embers then emerged themselves inside Sora and his keyblade glew red for a moment and was warm to the touch of the metal. The jewel in Zephyr's hand then shattered and flew away in a mass of red dust blow from by a soft breeze.

"Good luck!" Yuffie said.

"I hope you find your friends." Aeris spoke sweetly.

"Look out for each other. Keep your spirits up." Leon said, not only to Sora, but to all three of them.

Sora, Zephyr, and Serenity then turned and starting towards the gate of the world.

"The gummi ship is outside that gate," stated Zephyr.

"The what?"

"It's our ship."

"Wait 'til you see it!" Serenity rang in.

"Well, I can't wait. Riku and Kairi, here I come!" Sora tried to run to the gate but Zephyr had grabbed the hood on the back of his shirt and he pulled down to the ground.

"Not so fast! You don't even know how to pilot it, you need to wait for us to actually get in too." Zephyr said while standing over Sora. He got up and dusted himself off. Sora then leaned into Serenity's ear.

"I can see now why you wouldn't want to go out with her..." Sora whispered before only walking away at normal pace ahead of Serenity and Zephyr.

"Zephyr... what did Sora mean by that?"

"Wha...? Oh, he thinks you're a boy." Zephyr then followed after Sora immediately after finishing her sentence, leaving Serenity by herself.

"Ah..." Serenity said, understanding now. She then caught up with Zephyr. "Should... should we tell him I'm a girl?"

Zephyr thought for a moment and then shook her head. "Nah, I want to see if he can figure it out himself. Plus, it'll be way funnier when he does." Serenity laughed a bit with Zephyr, then looked down at her shirt. Zephyr then patted her back. "Don't worry, it's not you, it's him. Any sensible person would have found out when they heard your name." Serenity gave a small smile at her. Serenity chose to wear baggy shirt and pants, but supposedly since she was quite as 'matured' as Zephyr was, along with her short spiked-layered hair, a person would confuse her with a boy. "Listen Serenity, I bet he'll see it once we get to the next world. If he doesn't, he's a dumbass and you shouldn't even try for him."

Serenity gave her silver-haired friend a small thud on the head. "I knew it would end that way, insulting Sora." Zephyr simply raised her shoulder as if to say, 'I tried'. "Listen can you at least give Sora a break? He's just lost his friends and probably doesn't need you ragging on him, OK?" Serenity stared straight into Zephyr's eyes. Zephyr then sucked her teeth and sighed.

"Fine... but three strikes and he's out!"

Zephyr and Serenity climbed into the cockpit with Sora who was already waiting, fidgeting in his chair, anxious for take off. Zephyr repeats her previous method for starting the Gummi and they blast off. Serenity pulled out the blank journal she packed and began to scribble in it. 'I'm going to fill out this book by the end of our quest!'

~~~

There you go, and I hope you have enjoyed if anyone else has stuck around long enough to read it. So comment and feel free to say anything that will imporve my writing. Improve, not crush my self-confidence. Ok, I'm done.

Edit: As per suggestion, I've edit the chapter, gotten rid of excess details, and made it somewhat smaller.

Last edited:

Haku

<3
Oh I understand how you feel as a writer sometimes its really hard to keep coming up with brillant stories.

Shinsei Kokoro

Yeesh, long chapters. A little too long, maybe try breaking them up so it won't be so overwhelming to readers? Anyways, I guess this fic is okay, but your descriptions seem a little odd and they don't flow very well together. My suggestion is to get some help on writing descriptions as well as your dialogue. But stick with it, you might have something here in the future.

KershaFangs

Ok, thanks for the comment. I know, I know. I hate the way I worte the descriptions too.... X.X
It's just that the readers don't know what I know, so I try to fill them in, but it's very long and off topic the way I do, and I worry I may not explain everything correctly and they'll be confused. I may have confused them even more though.... Gotta remember, let the reader figure it out... (Just learned that tip for writing a few days ago.)

I'm trying to write the chapters detailed, yet not everything.... but it's still so long. I start next time though with chapter breaks. I'm seeing how people here like my writing, before I post it on a more popular Fanfiction site. Now I know I need to improve that area and by the end of it, when I revise it, it'll be fantanstic!

Or at least, flow better. ^-^;

Edit: Oh, yeah, chapter 2 is now much smoother! Thank you. ^-^

Last edited:

KershaFangs

Oh my God, it is? No... it can't be.... I think it is... Yes! KershaFangs is actually going to post chapter three! Dun dun DUN! Well actually, just half of chapter three, finally took you guys' advice and did it! Anyway, can't think of much to say here except, word count: 3217. And it's only technically 2/5 of the chapter... Wow...

----------------

Zephyr piloted the Gummi, despite her brash style, she flew it much easier than expected. Serenity was still writing in her journal and Sora slouched in his chair, absolutely bored. "Can't this thing go any faster?" Sora said getting out and standing behind Zephyr as she steer far clear from some stray meteorites.

"If you can't handle the speed we're going at, then you can just get out and walk to the next world! This is just a basic Gummi, we have almost no spare munny for any fancy stuff to install so we're going to make do with good enough..." Zephyr said through her clenched teeth. Sora sat down in his chair, arms crossed and grumbling a bit. As the seconds slowly crept away, Sora was more and more impatient. 'I need to find Riku and Kairi! Ugh, I bet I could fly this hunk of junk better than she can...'

"Let me steer, Zephyr!"

"No! What are you doing? Get your hands off the wheel!"

"You're going too slow! I'll be an old man before we reach the next world!"

"Then sit in the corner and age there! I'm trying to make sure I don't wreck the Gummi, it's the only one we got!"

"But going two miles an hour is overboard! I want to drive it!"

"NO! Get away!"

In the midst of Sora and Zephyr's squabbling, a loud blast was heard and immediately after, the Gummi lurched over to the right, knocking Zephyr out of her seat and making Sora fall on top of her while Serenity held on to her seat, feet dangling in air as the entire ship was almost tipped over.

"What was THAT?!" Sora exclaimed. Zephyr pushed him off with her left hand, she couldn't move her right for some reason... Zephyr got back into her seat with some struggle with the ship's artificial gravity. She managed to flip it back to normal but winced at a great deal of pain in her right hand. Her wrist was twisted badly and completely off place. Zephyr gently touch the skin but howled in pain in return. Sora ran over to her, worried. "Zephyr what's wrong-" Sora then saw her twisted hand, the sight of the bones sticking out greatly at odd angle was sickening and Sora almost gagged. Zephyr panted loudly and inhaled air sharply as she grabbed her right hand with great force.

'Damn it... it must have sprained when Sora fell on me and my arm... Dumbass...'

Zephyr still groaned loudly in pain as she clutched her wounded hand even tighter. Serenity walked to the side opposite Sora of Zephyr's and look at her with eyes filled with worry and fright. "Do you need some help, Zeph-" Sora was cut off by the sound of a large crack as Zephyr snapped her own hand back into place. She shut her eyes in horrid pain and let out an ear-piercing scream. After she was done, Zephyr panted heavily and looked at Sora. He was amazed that she could stand the pain. He had sprained his ankle once and couldn't even bare to walk for three days, but it wasn't even as bad as her injury.

"I can't pilot anymore, even with my hand back in place, with the ligaments all ripped, I can't move it properly and it would only cause unnecessary pain to me." Zephyr stood up, still hand over her right, and turned to Sora. "You're going to have to pilot."

Sora gulped. He wanted to before, but now that he actually got a look at all the lights, switches, and colorful buttons, he wasn't too sure anymore. Sora sat down in the captain's chair and grabbed the steering. Zephyr slowly explained to him the basic of piloting. Sora got the hang of it quite quickly. Zephyr sighed and smiled for a second. 'At least he's a fast learner...'

Sora was doing great so far, but another blast hit the ship form the left side this time. Zephyr gazed though the windshield of the ship and growled. "Heartless Gummis!" She yelled. Sora turned his head back and forth, not knowing what to do.

"What do I do? What do I do?"

"You fire at them, duh!"

"Where's the fire button?"

Zephyr raised a finger and tilted her head to the side. "I honestly don't know.... I wasn't allowed to take any part of the course of Gummi training that involving firearms ever since what happened to me with the toaster and the hot pocket... but that's another story...."

Sora freaked out and grabbed Zephyr by her shoulders. "YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW!?" He yelled as he shook her with every word. Zephyr slapped Sora in the face and he came back to his senses. "Ah! Thanks Zephyr..."

"That wasn't for you, that was for me." Zephyr slapped Sora across the other cheek. "Don't ever touch me again!"

Sora was about to argue back but Serenity then spoke up. "Guys... they're coming back!" Sora and Zephyr came and saw the enemy ship returning and preparing for another shot. Sora sat in the seat and just eyeing all the switches and buttons without moving.

"How am I going to know what each one does?"

"You're the Keybearer!"

"That doesn't mean I know anything about spaceship weaponry!"

The Heartless Gummi finished charging and let out a laser shot. Sora and Zephyr just frozen but Serenity jumped into action and slammed a bright red button which let the ship fire a shot of it's own that canceled the enemy's. She then pushed a dark green one next to it, and a laser shot out and destroyed the ship in one shot.

"Serenity, you didn't tell me you knew you knew how to work the defense system!"

"Yes I did. But that was on the day that you tried to toast the hot pocket, so your memory was erased along with those five other kids."

"Oh yeah..."

Zephyr looked up as if in deep thought and Sora just glanced at her weirdly from the corner of his eye. 'I wonder what exactly happened that day...?'

"Um, Zephyr, Serenity, those other Gummis are still after us, you know..." Sora reminded them. Serenity and Zephyr snapped back into reality. "Ok then, Sora you steer, Serenity you work the defense system, and I'll chart out our navigational path to the next world." Zephyr locked onto the closest one, the screen she was reading off stated the world was 'Wonderland'. Zephyr entered the digits and they were ahead to Wonderland. With all three of them working together, the rest of the trip was smooth sailings.

Soon afterwards, they came across a strangely organized world that was mainly pink but a heart shaped garden and gate could still be seen along it's heart shaped pattern. "This is it. We land here." Zephyr pushed a black button that disembarked them into the world. They were beaming from out of the ship and then seemed to be falling down to the world. Completely unaware of the bizarre logic and strange characters that exist only in the world of Wonderland...

-----
Chapter 3: Bizarre rooms and Reverence
-----

Sora, Zephyr,and Serenity floated down gently and they landed on the floor with ease, the sounds of multiple clocks ticking away filled the room. However as they entered the world, it seemed as Zephyr and Serenity had gone through a costume change. Zephyr was now adorn with a long red velvet dress with long red sleeves and her hands covered with a pair of white silk gloves. The dress parted in the middle at her hips and the black gothic style fabric was shown. The dress ended just at her shins, but her legs were covered by a white stocking and finished with black buckle shoes. The dress was spoiled with many red silk ribbons and white lace on the edges. Serenity's outfit wasn't as sophisticated as Zephyr, but held it's own appeal. Her dress was aqua blue with a schoolgirl uniform-like pattern and design were it seems as if she worn an over dress on top of a buttoned collared white shirt. Under the collar was a thick red ribbon tied loosely. She wore the same black buckle shoes as Zephyr but instead of stockings, had knee high socks. The dress ended just above her knees and was much more casual than Zephyr.

Zephyr gazed ahead of her regally, but then slouched over and sighed. "I hate this dress... it's too 'floofy'..."

"Zephyr, 'floofy' isn't a real word." Serenity corrected her.

"It isn't... yet..."

Sora was too busy gaping at Serenity to listen to what they were saying.

"Serenity.. you're- you're..."

'Ok, Sora's up to bat, let's see if he can make it...' thought Zephyr.

"You're... YOU'RE WEARING A DRESS! HA HA HA! Dude, what is up with that? Man, that is priceless!"

'Swing and a miss... a big miss...'

Sora rolled over laughed as Serenity lifted her dress a bit to examine it.

"It's not that bad is it?" Serenity asked meekly as Sora walked off, laughing. Zephyr walked over and put a hand on her shoulder.

"It's not bad, it looks nice on you, it's just... Sora's a dumbass..." Zephyr then followed after him. Serenity thought about what Zephyr had thought had just had to somewhat agree... Sora was clueless...
Just then a flash of white fur zoomed by.

"Oh, my fur and whiskers! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late! Oh, dear, oh dear, oh dear! I'm here, I should be there. I'm late, I'm late, I'm late! The queen, she'll have my head for sure!"

It was... a rabbit? In a suit? Talking? And with a pocket watch? This world was going to be interesting... The rabbit then disappeared around the bend. Sora, Zephyr, and Serenity followed suit and saw a large door. Sora opened it but there was another smaller door inside. Sora turned his head in puzzlement but just opened that one. This door lead to another door, the one after too. This continued until the doors ended but the three were left with a small crawl place for an exit. Zephyr looked at Sora with her hands on her hips. "You go first. I don't want you look up either mines or Serenity's dresses, you got it?"

Sora grumbled. "Yea, but your dress is too long and Serenity's is a guy..."

'Strike two...' Zephyr mentally counted. "Just get in, or are your clown shoes too big for the hole?"

Sora glared at her and got on his knees and started to crawl, Zephyr following after, and Serenity trailing behind with her face low and red. Zephyr whispered into her ear. "He's a dumbass..." Serenity just gave her a slightly smack on the cheek to signal that she should move on. They got out and now were in a room with all the ornaments and decoration to be much too small. Sora walked straight ahead and saw a tiny brown wooden door. Sora had to kneel down just to see the entire door.

"How did he get so small?" Sora thought out loud.
"No, you're simply too big," replied the doorknob.

The group was shock and gasped loudly.

"It talks!" shouted Serenity.

The doorknob mumble some more as it tried to closes it's eyes and sleep. "Must you be so loud?" it said yawning. "You woke me up."

"Good morning!" Serenity responded curiously.

"Good night! I need a bit more sleep." And with that the doorknob fell back asleep. Sora quickly called out.

"Wait, what do we have to do to grow small?"

The doorknob mutters to itself and says, "Why don't you try the bottle...over there?" Sora look behind him and a table that wasn't there a minute ago rises up and two red and blue bottles can be see on it. Red or blue...? Red or blue... Sora shifted between his two options. Then he just grabbed the blue and took a swig of it. Serenity and Zephyr were baffled as Sora was then shrunk to a size that he could have enter through the door. The girls then drink from the blue bottle as Sora did and shrunk as well. They went back to the doorknob.

"Look, we're small enough now, let us through." Sora said. The doorknob however was fast asleep and didn't respond. Sora sighed and turned to Zephyr and Serenity and shrugged. "We may as well look around then..."

Previously, there was nothing in the room, but now in their shrunken state, heartless started appearing. There were mainly just Shadows and a few Soldiers, but there also a new kind Sora had seen before. It was a orange-red color with it's body shaped like a cloak and a yellow hat that curled at the tip. It would float everywhere and then shoot out ball of fire at Sora. Yet everytime Sora hit it with the Keyblade, it made a sound like a disk being scratched. Afterwards Serenity told him about it, the Red Nocturne, and it's three other sibling-like Heartless which mastered an element depending on their color. They were all named after forms of music so it made sense then where the scratch would come from, the music being struck down abruptly.

After clearing away all the Heartless, Zephyr leaned on the side of a misplaced bed, wincing in pain. "Even with magic, I can only help the pain and some of the healing. The rest it will have to do on it's own..." Zephyr gazed upon her limp hand. Sora looked down knowing that her hand in pain was his fault.

"If there anything you need, Zephyr..." Sora offered but Zephyr soon as shook her head.

"I've felt worse pains then this. It'll heal fast anyway." Sora then leaned on the bed Zephyr was, trying to see if he could find another way or path. Serenity join the two, but then the bed was pushed away into nothing and the three fell together but saw the entrance they were searching for.
-----

All of them saw a wide landscape with trimmed bushes that grew high and were cut into complicated designs. There were several, without any better word for, Card Knights that even had the suit and number of a playing card and a spear like weapon that correlates with it's suit. Two were going the entrance but step to the side as many more had lift up their weapon as they turned and cleared the way for Sora, Zephyr, and Serenity. The White Rabbit zoomed by and climbed up a winding staircase on a podium of sorts. He blew on a trumpet and stated breathlessly.

"Court is now in session!"

The set up of the area did resemble a court house, with the defendant in the middle, the Card Knights off to the side and lined up in a style of a jury. A bailiff of sorts and a judge in the middle, eyeing the defendant closely.

"I'm on trial? But why?" asked a young blonde hair school girl who was the defendant.

"Her Majesty, the Queen of Hearts, presiding!" the White Rabbit announced, the role of bailiff being his. Inside the judge's stand was a plump world with black hair that was pulled back and a crown on top of her head. Her dress was a wave of colors alternating red and black, and instead of a gavel, she held a red specter in the shape of a heart.

"The girl is the culprit. There's no doubt about it." the Queen of Hearts stated calmly. "And the reason is...because I say so, that's why!" Despite her previous sentence being soft, she slammed her hand on the desk and yelled out that last part.

"That is so unfair!" said the blonde girl.

"Well, have you anything to say in your defense?" retaliated the Queen.

"Of course! I've done absolutely nothing wrong! You may be queen, but I'm afraid that doesn't give you the right to be so...so mean!" The anger from the girl's words rose in the Queen and her face was soon red from frustration.

"Silence! You dare defy me?" she screamed even louder.

"Hey, guys..." Sora whisper to Zephyr and Serenity. "We should help her out."

"We can't, because we're outsiders who can interfere in the affairs of worlds... because it's 'meddling'!" Zephyr spoke the last part with a sarcastic tone. "And that's against the rules! Eh, screw the rules! Let's do it anyway."

"Zephyr it was because of you that they made that rule..." Serenity reminded Zephyr. Zephyr just darted her eyes between Sora and Serenity as they both had a look of apathy for Zephyr.

"Ummm... hey look! Something's happening!" Zephyr quickly said, pointing back to the trial.

"The court finds the defendant...guilty as charged! For the crimes of assault and attempted theft of my heart..." Sora gasped and immediately knew that she was framed. The Queen turned to the cards. "Off with her head!" she commanded.

"No! No! Oh, please!" the girl backed away as the cards approached.

"Hold it right there!" Sora demanded. He, and Zephyr and Serenity, stood in front of the Queen. The Queen had a look beyond belief.

"Who are you? How dare you interfere with my court?!"

"Excuse me. But we know who the real culprit is!"

"Yeah. It's the Heartle-"

Serenity clasped her hand over Zephyr's mouth. "Blender..." she sang and reminded Zephyr of the last time she revealed the existence of Heartless to another world. It was the last anyone saw Atlantis... but that's another story.

Sora continued on. "Anyway, she's not the one you're looking for."

"That's nonsense. Have you any proof?" the queen asked. Sora shook his head and then one of the Cards locked Alice in a human-sized bird cage, which was draped with a red curtain.

"Bring me evidence of Alice's innocence! Fail and it's off with all of your heads! Gather as much or little evidence as you please. Report back here once you're ready."

Sora and the girls agreed, Zephyr wondering why did she let Sora get them in this mess... Sora gazed at the cage where Alice was being held captive. 'Don't worry, we'll help you....' The trio advance forward to the Lotus Forest. Behind them as they walked ahead appearing a pink and purple striped cat, first it's smile and face appear, then it's whole body was revealed.

"Who are you?" Sora asked.

"Who, indeed? Poor Alice. Soon to lose her head..." the cat then rolled his head of his shoulder and tossed it around for a while in a comedic way before throwing it up and catching it on his shoulder. "And she's not guilty of a thing!' he finished.

"Hey, if you know who the culprit is, tell us!"

"The Cheshire Cat has all the answers- but doesn't always tell. The answer, the culprit, the cat all lie in darkness..." the Cheshire Cat began fade away, the pink stripe becoming clear and see though as the purple stripe was disappearing in a curling way, soon only it's smile was left.

Sora called out, "Wait!"

But it was too late, as the Cheshire's smile fade too. "They've already left the forest..." his voice echoed. "I won't tell which exit. There are four pieces of evidence in all. Three are a cinch to find. The fourth is tricky though... big surprise if you get them all!" When the voice faded after a few minutes Serenity spoke up.

"Should we trust him?" Serenity asked.

"To trust, or not to trust? I trust you'll decide!" the Cat's voice continued chuckling on while Zephyr just growled.

"Make up your mind, are you here or gone?!" Zephyr's outburst only rewarded by an increase in the cackling before it faded away for good. "Damn cat... creeps me out..."

"Let's just go, Alice is depending on us." Serenity said. Sora nodded and they moved on.
-----

Well there you go! I actually like Wonderland, kinda hard to write all it's insanity in detail, but whatever...

Please comment :3

Last edited:

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
OMG!!!!! I have loads to say but let me start with: I LOVE YOUR FANFICTION, IT IS VERY DESCRIPTIVE AND ALSO MAKES ME ENVY a bit cuz I wish I can be descriptive, ANYWHO, THANKS TO THIS ONE, I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME SAYING THIS but it inspires me to write something kind of like Serenity and Sora...but only it's with Roxas, since I view Sora as a friend type if he were to be in connection with my own-made characters. It's like I would view Sora in real-life as friend sinve I have the same personality as him, though he's a bit more outgoing then I! Anyways, I LOVE it! I hope you keep coming up with more stuff. I think that's cool that Serenity's LEON'S daughter! I LOVE LEON! And OMG! Just keep going, it's like Kingdom Hearts: Your own unique Verison (well I don't mean literally 'your own unique version' as the title) but you get what I mean! Whoo-hoo! I can't wait to read more and I think it's funny, but my big question: Is there going to be a relationship between Sora and Serenity O_O or you going to hint it, if you aren't going to answer this question but I so far, love it so far! It's soooooooo good! I want MORE! Oh btw, just wondering does Zephyr like Serenity too?

KershaFangs

Thank you so much. ^-^ I'm very glad you like it.

As for the 'relationships' of this story...? Well you'll have to keep reading (and I'll have to keep writing) to find out! Just so you know, this story goes a bit deeper for the 'pairings' then just 'she likes/he likes' and 's/he goes out with whoever'. That's all I'm hinting for now...~

Oh, and it's alright if you want to 'take' the situation of Serenity and Sora. Just give me a bit of credit and let me read what you have written, k? =3

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Don't worry, I will considering your going to be my editor. So why not? I'll let you know when the time is right...or whenever it is! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back