• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection Coming to both Europe and North America!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm pretty happy about this. Budokai 1's way of storytelling and cut-scenes was my favorite from all of the DBZ games I had played, and Budokai 3's gameplay was by far my favorite there, so having both games as an HD collection has me excited. I'm sad that 2 isn't it though, because while it wasn't the best, it was pretty fun and I liked the way you could play it. I'll definitely want to pick this up since I sold my PS2 copies and can never find these games anymore.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
How much do HD remasters go for? $39.99 in the US, correct? I think that's the perfect price for this. I LOOOOOVE Dragon Ball, but there's no way in hell I'd pay $59.99 or $49.99 for this, especially since I can blow through Budokai 1 in like an hour

Also, Kid Goku is a playable character in 3 right?

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Not including 2 is a mistake if you ask me. That game had the fun What-if characters and Babidi's Spaceship, which was the best bonus mode of the three :/

And yes, Kid Goku is playable. He was originally even going to have his own story mode, but that got nixed.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
And yes, Kid Goku is playable. He was originally even going to have his own story mode, but that got nixed.

WHHHAAAATTT?!?!? WHYYYY?!?!!!

Z is cool and all, but Dragon Ball is just soo much better in terms of plot and stuff. That and we've been replaying Z's story for how many years? I know it like the back of my hand. Dragon Ball needs more representation.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
Isn't Budokai Tenkaichi 3 the one with the most characters and shit?

Aren't Budokai 1 and 3 essentially the same? And why is 2 missing? I don't wanna sound like a smartass, I enjoy a good DBZ game myself, but can anyone tell me the point in buying this collection when we have DBZ games on current gen consoles?

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Aren't Budokai 1 and 3 essentially the same? And why is 2 missing? I don't wanna sound like a smartass, I enjoy a good DBZ game myself, but can anyone tell me the point in buying this collection when we have DBZ games on current gen consoles?

Having the most characters doesn't make it the best game. Especially when there is barely any variety in their moves and a lot of pointless filler characters are included and the game is unbalanced as kupo.

As for what's the point; I guess it's for the nostalgiafags who get off to old shit that stopped being cool ages ago. But then again, it may be sad but it's true that in all the years since B3, there hasn't been one DB game that's topped it. So I guess they figured if we can't top it, just remaster it.

I actually never owned B3. I always played it at a friends house. So might consider picking this up for the hell of it.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Combat wise yes. Other than that, 1 and 3 share very little else. Graphic wise, the games are leagues apart. Budokai 1 is very linear. You go through the story mode through cutscenes and fights and that's about it. Budokai 3 was the first console game to allow people to fly around and stuff. The combat is also more refined, and the cutscenes are no more than cardboard cut outs.

2 isn't included because not only did it butcher the actual story of the series but it also butchered the single player experience. Imagine playing monopoly with Dragon Ball characters and that sums up the single player experience of Budokai 2.

And 3 isn't the one with the most characters. That award goes to the Tenkaichi series; Tenkaichi 3 in particular. That game supposedly had over 150 characters, but that included all the various forms that characters took.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Hey, I actually liked that Budokai 2 story mode. It was fun even though, yes, it did unnecessarily butcher the story. But then again, people have been complaining about how we've been playing the same story for years now. :/ (remembers how he once made Goten immortal for an entire stage)
3 is still the better game, but I would've taken 2 over 1 any day.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I liked Budokai 2's story mode a lot. It was really diferent and just fun to play. Sure, it told a very... different story as well but still, I liked it. A LOT.

Budokai 1 is fun too but Budokai 2's story mode is way more fun so like manga said above me, I also would've taken 2 over 1.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Don't remember if 3 had this, but I loved 2 simply for the wacky transformations. Buu absorbing Cell and Frieza, Tien and Yamcha fusing, that stuff was all good. I'm not buying this though, simply because these games have dulled my love of the series I had before. Plus, no online mode? The shit is up with that?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Don't remember if 3 had this, but I loved 2 simply for the wacky transformations. Buu absorbing Cell and Frieza, Tien and Yamcha fusing, that stuff was all good. I'm not buying this though, simply because these games have dulled my love of the series I had before. Plus, no online mode? The shit is up with that?

Their excuse is that the games were masterpieces back in the day so they wanted to stay true as close as possible to the orignal games so that the experience is to be the same like years ago.

Waaait for iiit, waaaait for iiiiit....

Pressed+reply+before+the+upload+was+complete.+Damn+_1da7f8012f0ac016f13018a146eb949f.gif

So they can add achievements and trophies but no online mode just because they want to preserve the original experience? Hmmm well, isn't that convenient? I mean, I'd imagine that would also mean, less work. Wonder if there's a connection there?

Oh and yes, Budokai 2 had silly transformations/fusions which Budokai 3(if I remember correctly) didn't.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Yes =)
@ first i didnt care for the idea of remastering pretty much every game i already own. But now that i think about it, i Much rather spend my money on these games than the Crap they been shoving us the last few years.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Is this going to have Online play? that would be AWESOME :D

Out of the 3 games i played Budokai 2 the most, I dont get why they arent bringing it back :/

Probably because it had the most annoying story mode of the 3 of them pluse 3 was way better than 2. 1 Was good because it did most thing right except stopping @ the Cell Saga and lack of characters

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
The likely situation is due to fan popularity. People talk about B3 way more than B2, especially when you see the people who prance around crowing it 'the best DBZ game ever!!1' So it's kind of their fault.

Lastly, money. If B3 covers all the story B2 covers and MORE, then in that position I would say bye to B2 too. Granted, B1 is a different case because of how cinematic the story was and how little it covered. The less amount of money input into things like this, the more chance you can get more money back than the money you put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back