• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drag Me To Hell

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I thought this sounded crap when I saw the poster and heard the name. Then I saw something else... Sam Raimi, you say? This could be interesting.

And it was epic. So many horror films now try so hard (and fail) to make everything creepy and sinister. DMTH does that to an extent, but the main horror comes from the 'O SHIT! It's goign to get you!'... like horror in the good old days. Remember when Terminator was a horror film as opposed to action? It's like that, but mixed with Evil Dead and an evil gypsy lady. Who can't keep hold of her teeth.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
See I'm not sure on it.

I've heard the words 'Masterpiece' thrown around, its just the plot doesn't seem to sound all that good.

"Old Gypsy puts a curse on a young women because she refused her a loan?"

I'm just not sure....

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
I sw the movie and it was REALLY good. I espected it to be like The Ring or The Grudge but it wasn't even close to sucking as bad as those movies did. It had scary parts and funny parts. There's other stuff too but I dont want to spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen it. But overall I think it's one of the best movies to come out in 09 so far. I would recomend seeing it.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
I haven't laughed this hard going into a comedy let alone a horror film. Yeah it had those scary moments, but was completely overshadowed by the many ridiculous "horror" scenes. ie. the goat, arm in the mouth.

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
oh god this movie was great, I didn't know it was a Sam Raimi film, me and my friends were laughing like the whole time

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
There were a lot of people in the cinema when I went who didn't get that some bits were meant to be funny, on tongue-in-cheek at least (like Sweeney Todd).

People seem to think you can't have comedy in horror. But something horrible can easily be comical as well.

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
Yeah, I've seen the movie twice in theaters, , the first time I remember people were laughing alot, the second time, I don't remember alot of people laughing, I guess some people just don't understand it...oh well it was a great movie

Machu Picchu

I really liked the Evil Dead trilogy, so I'm looking forward to seeing this. Commercials for it did a terrible job, I think. Could have marketed it for what it actually was, a horror-comedy.

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
Yes, also this movie has been getting many positive reviews too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back