• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Drabbles in Axel and Roxas (Updated)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NumberVIII

So, I originally just had one drabble here, but I like drabbles, and have written a few and probably will continue to write them, so I decided to put 'em all in one post. I'm hesitant to call them Akuroku, one because most people here don't like it, and two because they can mostly all be read simply as friendship. So yeah, enjoy.

----------------------------------

Whole

Axel threw his head back and laughed. A long, loud, carefree laugh. Not like Larxene's mocking snickers, or Demyx's amused giggles, or Xigbar's sarcastic chuckles. Those were only fake, imitating emotion but not actually feeling them. This laughter was real, honest, and it felt...wonderful.

The blonde to his left echoed his laughter, real laughter, emotional and full of life. Neither knew why they were laughing so much. What the blonde had said wasn't really that funny, but still they continued to laugh, clutching their stomachs with one hand while the other held a dripping popsicle.

The laughter slowly died away, and Axel turned to the boy, smiling. “You're really something, kid, you know that?” He stated, ruffling the blonde hair with his free hand.

Roxas laughed and shook the older boy's hand off. “Why do you say that?” He asked, his blue eyes twinkling with the light of the setting sun.

“I don't know,” Axel said, turning to face the fiery sunset. “I haven't felt this way since...god knows when.” He continued, gazing thoughtfully at the red and orange and yellow lights that danced down the horizon.

The blonde's amusement was replaced with a mixture of confusion and curiosity, a look that was far too familiar to Axel. “Felt what way?” He asked.

Green eyes met blue, and Axel smiled. “Whole.”

-----------------------------

This is my newest drabble. I haven't really decided on a title yet, but as of right now it's tentatively titled "Forgotten".

------------------------------

“Axel?”

The redhead looked up from his ice cream at the blonde to his left. “Yes, Roxas?” He replied, somewhat amused. The younger boy was never without a question.

Roxas hesitated and looked down at his hands, as if unsure how to word the question. “Why do you always say 'Got it memorized'?”

Axel was taken aback. Roxas never usually asked him about himself. Usually his questions were more along the lines of his missions or the work of the Organization. He found that had to think about the question, and actually wasn't sure of the answer.

“Because it sounds cool.” He answered with a grin.

Roxas laughed. “Oh, believe me, it doesn't. It's actually kind of annoying.” The blonde received a gasp of indignation and a playful slap in response.

“No, really. You have to have a reason.” Roxas pressed, nudging the older boy in the side.

Axel sighed and scratched his head. “I don't really know...” he said, looking out at the horizon. “I guess I'm afraid of being forgotten,” he admitted, somewhat embarrassed.

“I would never forget you.” Roxas said. Axel looked into his blue blue eyes and could tell the boy was being one hundred percent sincere.

Axel smiled and ruffled the blonde's hair. “You'd better not.”

Last edited:

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Re: Whole

Nice... I'd like for it to be a bit longer, but you did well with it anyway. Details were used, and the passage seems well written. Great job!

NumberVIII

Nice... I'd like for it to be a bit longer, but you did well with it anyway. Details were used, and the passage seems well written. Great job!

Thank you! Yeah I know it sucks, everything I write is way too short. :/

Aw, I liked that. Short, but very sweet. Good job.

Thanks a bunch ^^

that was adorable!!! x3 you should continue it if you can

I'm glad you thought so :D I originally planned to continue it, but then I stopped at that line and went "...wow. I really like that." It just felt like a perfect ending to me. Then I tried to continue it anyway, and it's not bad but I'm not finished. Maybe I'll post it here if and when I finish. :)

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

That was really, really sweet, Number VIII! And I happen to agree with you about ending it there. It's just nice as it is, a quick drabble that doesn't overstay its welcome, but gets the message across.

thebatman

UmbraTsuki

Awards

I really like it!
Like TwilightRiku_13 said, short and sweet.
It was almost perfect! :D
((The reason it's not is because I don't consider anything on Earth perfect...since I'm religious...but if I did, I would consider this Drabble perfect! ^_^))
~Umbra~

NumberVIII

That was really, really sweet, Number VIII! And I happen to agree with you about ending it there. It's just nice as it is, a quick drabble that doesn't overstay its welcome, but gets the message across.

thebatman

Thank you! I really appreciate the post. I'm glad you agree with me. It just felt right to end it there. :)

I really like it!
Like TwilightRiku_13 said, short and sweet.
It was almost perfect! :D
((The reason it's not is because I don't consider anything on Earth perfect...since I'm religious...but if I did, I would consider this Drabble perfect! ^_^))
~Umbra~

I'm honored. ^^ Thank you love :3

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Here's the critque:
I love the way you compare the other members' laughs to Axels. It really shows the depth of their friendship, the way Roxas helps out Axel feeling whole. Not much to say since it's short but I like it, and I'm an AkuRoku hater! Really something that should be expanded upon.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards

Originally Posted by NumberVIII
I'm glad you thought so :D I originally planned to continue it, but then I stopped at that line and went "...wow. I really like that." It just felt like a perfect ending to me. Then I tried to continue it anyway, and it's not bad but I'm not finished. Maybe I'll post it here if and when I finish. :)

You definitely should! =D

UmbraTsuki

Awards
Bump, because I edited the first post and added a new drabble ^^

I like it :D
It shows Axel seeming to have emotion, which I like...heheheh....
Not much else to say this time, either! It's really awesome/amazing like the first one! :D
~Umbra~

_Sketches

These two always make me want to cry. I'll have you know, that made me all choked up and my eyes went watery. This is coming from the person who doesn't cry if things die for goodness' sake >.>
Amazing work. This is the second time i've cried today reading things about AkuRoku. :')
~

NumberVIII

These two always make me want to cry. I'll have you know, that made me all choked up and my eyes went watery. This is coming from the person who doesn't cry if things die for goodness' sake >.>
Amazing work. This is the second time i've cried today reading things about AkuRoku. :')
~

Aww! It's always nice to hear when your work touches someone enough to make them cry. Akuroku is so incredibly sad sometimes. Their story is so tragic. D: I'm such a jerk with that second one, cause it's so sad...Roxas DOESN'T remember him after specifically saying he would D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back