• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Downloadable Content for Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgizzles45

How would you like Square to implement the Downloadable Content for Kingdom Hearts III?

For me, I'd like...

• New secret bosses every month (also being able to re-fight past bosses from the series ie. Kurt Zisa, Phantom)
  • New drive forms
  • Being able to play as Roxas, Xion, King, Riku, Lea, Kairi, Terra, Aqua, Ven, Terranort, Master Xehanort, Vanitas, etc after completing the game.
  • New melding commands
  • Extra Worlds
  • Common enemy color scheme end
  • Episodic scenes relating to the story
  • New Keyblades

I'll add more later.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't want them to include it personally. I'm not a fan of DLC or how its implemented. Last time SE had DLC they ended up withholding the true ending of FF13-2 which didn't really have much to do with the rest of the characters.
DLC is just an excuse to sell people half the game for a full game price then sell the rest later.

I'd rather my entire game be there. Even at the cost of DLC's more positive side of smaller fun addable things.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'd rather the effort that could go into make 12 characters goes into making the Sora experience rock-solid, like KH1. I can count the amount of times I've wanted to play as Terranort on 0 fingers.

EmperorPersuit

I don't like DLCs either. It should be a complete game. If they add DLCs, then just new costumes would be fine.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No thanks. I want a full package game at launch. If they want us to have a million post-game bosses, please have it in game without having to pay to get them.

I do believe DLC is inevitable, though, but I think it'll be much more like costume DLC.

Noel

Awards
The only thing DLC should provide are novelties that do no effect physical gameplay, but only the visual aspect uve' it.

Such as skins, for Keyblades, character models, Santa/Halloween editions for every one etc. That and I wouldn't mind more gummi missions. KH2 gummi missions were a sheer masterpiece in my opinion.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Full packaged game at launch. If they do I'll be really upset. And everyone knows there's going to be a Final Mix right after so that serves no purpose.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Even though I wouldn't want DLC and want KH3 to be a game 100% completely packaged, it's possible we'll get DLC, so I would just like something along the lines of a skin chance, such as getting to play as Riku, Aqua, Kairi or even Lea. Hell, even bundle those skin changes with their respective Keyblades.

axel95

Awards
I don't like the idea of DLC in RPGs. It gives the developers a reason to not finish the game before release. Now if they had DLC costumes, I might be okay with that. I know in the past that some people have suggested instead of releasing a Final Mix version of KH3, they could just do DLC instead. If they did it right, I might be okay with it. But I'd prefer to have an entirely separate KH3FM disc.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I want a full packaged game when I purchase it. I want all those things - playing as Riku, Xehanort, Terra, Kairi etc. to be featured in the game already when I buy it. The only thing DLC should include is extra skins for the characters (Sora, Donald, and Goofy; other partners)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I want the full package as well, I don't see the point in something like new worlds. That's too large of an addition without messing up the flow of the story in the first place. Like. Why?

Having said that, if there were to be a final mix, I'd rather them package all of that as a DLC instead of releasing a totally different game.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Having said that, if there were to be a final mix, I'd rather them package all of that as a DLC instead of releasing a totally different game.

This. This is the only type of DLC I'd excuse simply because final mixes never leave Japan. (even the final mixes on the collections didn't make it till 10yrs later)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't like the idea of DLC in RPGs. It gives the developers a reason to not finish the game before release. Now if they had DLC costumes, I might be okay with that. I know in the past that some people have suggested instead of releasing a Final Mix version of KH3, they could just do DLC instead. If they did it right, I might be okay with it. But I'd prefer to have an entirely separate KH3FM disc.

I want the full package as well, I don't see the point in something like new worlds. That's too large of an addition without messing up the flow of the story in the first place. Like. Why?

If they do DLC Final Mix, then I would hope that they release a FM/GOTY edition that has the game and DLC on one disk. It solves any problems people may feel. DLC fits those who don't want to have to buy a whole brand new game just to get the new content, and a disk version for those who did not yet purchase the game but want to experience it in full and would rather not buy the DLC on top of the game itself.

(As an obsessed fan, I'd buy any new SKU of KH3 post-release just to have it and the DLC for my original copy)

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I'm not against DLC, just as long as it's not integral to the story of the game. As for Final Mix DLC, I'd want nothing the usual that you'd expect from a Final Mix:

- new Keyblades
- new Boss Battles
- new Heartless Missions
- new costumes
- and a new world if they are feeling ballsy (think Hidden World from Sonic Lost World to understand what I mean)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Considering the importance of DLC nowadays I'm afraid that KH III going completely without it amounts just to wishful thinking.

However, I can live with non-story DLC that can be purchased as one pleases without actually hampering the experience of vanilla KH III.
Additional costumes, Keyblades, Bosses added to the coliseum etc. are all fair game I guess.

Just refrain from something like FF XIII-2 and withhold crucial story parts.

DulieCakess

I think the chances of having DLC for KH III is likely enough to happen, though with Tetsuya calling the shots, it might not be so bad as we all are thinking. Have an open mind to it! It would be nice to have a extra episode every once in awhile, or more difficult bosses! :redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back