• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Download only?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

zillagod

Well the other upside to downloads is it will be a lot cheaper than buying a physical copy, because a physical copy has a few things tacked onto the price such as the retailers fees, the packaging price, and the money for the materials that were used to make the disk. With a download your just paying for the data.

tacochance

I am unsure if this is true but after looking around I think any PSP owner can download games without having to buy a PSP GO.I think you just need a good sized memory stick.

I still don't want to be forced into downloading games.However it is nice to know I can still get the games if it comes to that. :23:

yeah, you can, you can go to the UMD legacy place on PSN, then buy stuff like Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, Secret Agent Clank, and about five other games, there aren't that many, lol,

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Well the other upside to downloads is it will be a lot cheaper than buying a physical copy, because a physical copy has a few things tacked onto the price such as the retailers fees, the packaging price, and the money for the materials that were used to make the disk. With a download your just paying for the data.

In theory, yes. It should be that. The reality is different however. Downloadable versions are over-priced and never seem to compete with the retail market. £29.99 for a download version vs £22 on Amazon.co.uk for a retail copy. You know which one is going to win out.

Sony has said they cannot control 3rd party pricing. And considering Square-Enix loves money [if you're the sad twat who's been buying multiple DLC on the Wii for 'My life as a King'], they will charge high prices for it.

The only games I've downloaded on my PSP through the PSN store are the 'PSN Classics'.

If I can buy a game on UMD, I probably would. PSN is useful for games like FFVII, Echochrome, Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman, etc.

Roxas_LOL

Ill tell you this, i won PSP Go prototype in contest, and so far all the download games I have take long to load and it lags more than usual. Maybe becase its a prototype, but overall it sucks and i just dont get the fell of system like i do in my old PSP. Also it takes me about 3hs to download the games and i have 9mb cable hi-speed internet.

wwinterj

Yeah it will take me a very long time to download games I would think.It takes me 3 hours just to download a demo of PSN. :dizzy:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Fact is, until the PSP GO becomes mainstream enough, Sony's going to keep making games on disc and for download. It'd be stupid to do otherwise,

Keyblade-War

Artist
Awards
Website
www.Codeleakers.com
With the PSP GO due out soon will Birth By Sleep be download only?
I hear a few games are going to be download only and this sucks to be as I would want a physical copy of any game.I just hope BBS is not one of them.
No the PSN said they are going to make UMD'S still and it will actually take longer to put BBS on the since PSN always messes something up, i think the PSPGo was a terrible idea it wont sell much, like what if your PSP breaks then you lose like $100 in games it's a bad idea and i would never consider getting one.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
No the PSN said they are going to make UMD'S still and it will actually take longer to put BBS on the since PSN always messes something up, i think the PSPGo was a terrible idea it wont sell much, like what if your PSP breaks then you lose like $100 in games it's a bad idea and i would never consider getting one.

Except that.. games are downloaded on your name. So if your PSP breaks or get lost, you can replace it and redownload all your games for no charge as long as you're signed into your same PSN ID. I

Oh and... you can download games off PSN on your computer. Well, for the PSP GO. There, problem solved. I wish you twats do your research.

Frozura

I want it to be download only if they make the price of the game cheaper. They make huge profits off of selling downloads because then they don't have to pay retailer and the manufacturing price etc. The only thing they do lose from downloads is bandwith which is irrelevant since I am pretty sure they get all the bandwith they need :) It is all profit from downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back