• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dot Hack RP?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
What do you all think about an RP set in either an AU, or after the .G.U. Series?

So far, This is the best plot I can think up:

"The year 2040. After twenty years, The Massively Multiplaer Game called World R:2 crashes. Everything gone. However, for some reason the game itself reboots completely. Everything is all-new. Classes, Environments, Guilds, EVERY ounce of the game data is revived and re-structued. The strangest part of it? The CC Company, the original game's creators, did not even lift a finger. Almost as though the game....revived itself on it's own. And even worse......A select few players who were logged in prior to the crash (Now called "The Rebirth") were spared the rebooting completely, meaning that while most players' data was erased, the data of these select few was not only untouched, but un-modifed. These few must now navigate a World that is a mystery to all; including the creators. Plus, how does Aura, the program that vanished from The World Thirty years ago fit into all of this?"

For those unaware of what the .Hack series is, here's a quick summary: After a massive systems failure that caused the U.S.'S Nuclear and counter-measure systems to activate, The entire world decides to use a single computer system to avoid damage of that magnitude from now on. Aside from RL useage, a popular MMORPG, Called "The World," was created. Players choose from classes, party togther, and defeat enemies.......However, The World is not all what it seems. Anomalies and undocumented occurances are common, and certain players investigate these anomalies whilst navigating thier own adventures within the game. The Anime/Games are all told from the view of the players' online personas, meaning that their offline lives are (mostly) never explored.

Going into more detail would spoil the game, so that's the best spoiuler-free summary I can think of.

The RP will have a job-class system, just like the actual World MMO in the .Hack series. This will most likely take place many years after .Hack G.U. Since only a select few players were spared the Rebirth, the RPers will have a choice between being one of the select few or a newly-established player playing this version of The World. The Spared players will have their old stats and abilities, while new playeers will hav to Level up on their own, though they can do this in an off-screen fashion. (If this becomes popular, I'll explain the stats and such in the Sign-Up Thread)

I'll work out the kinks on the differences between the Spared and new players later, but for now, I just want to see who is down for this and who opposes it.

Last edited:

Muramasa

I'll definitely consider it, if it goes up. I've always been a fan of .hack//g.u, .hack//roots, and .hack//sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back