• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dot Hack: Gettai

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Prologue

Video games have been popular among various age groups for many decades. Even the elder generations can think back to the release of consoles such as the Nintendo, Sega or the original PlayStation. Those even older would recall game systems like the Atari that started the entire gamer movement in the early 70s. As the years passed a generational desire for gaming experiences that was to become even more innovative, would surpass each and every one of the predecessors. Eventually after some time, a very specific game genre called 'massively multi-player online role playing games', dubbed MMORPG for short, was introduced and rapidly became very popular among every age group interested in playing online with a large amount of other players. Such a genre gave many players the option to explore vast and varying different types of worlds or realms with their friends, families, or other random individuals. These experiences helped make bonds between individuals all over the world.

By the year 2013 the eighth generation consoles had all been released. The graphics available using the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One allowed players to experience even more heightened and realistic game play while playing MMORPG, yet even with these advancements there was something that the minds of both the players and gaming companies desired that had yet to be achieved and made available to the public; this was immersed reality gaming.

A company had been working on a way to advance technology far beyond normal means but also make it affordable and manageable for every type of gamer. This company was called Cyber Connect Corporation or CC Corp. By the year 2018 CC Corp had finalized production of the beta testing for a virtual reality game that was titled "Fragment". Within another 7 months beta testing was completed. CC Corp announced that a new type of game where players could literally immerse themselves in an amazing virtual world was going to be released. Various rumors about actual failures of the beta testing came up, including the supposed death of one of the beta testers. Cyber Connect Corporation denied these accusations. Within the next half year it was noted that the death was actually a suicide, clearing up any worries or suspicions future users might have about the game. "The World" was scheduled to be released on June 12th 2019 but had to be pushed back due to a mysterious virus being implanted into the servers made to house The World...

CC Corp took several more months to fix these problems. Instead of just trying to clear up and decode the virus, CC Corp instead rewrote the entire codec of their game to be released. Much to the joy of the 760,000 whom had pre-ordered the gaming package, "The World" was released on March 30th, 2020. In the first day alone 9,153,246 copies were sold. The World was an innovative MMORPG where gamers were able to create their own player-character, able to use a near endless combination of customization options to make an avatar that in essence was supposed to be an envision of the player's inner self that wasn't able to be displayed in the real world. Various races from elven characters to beast types could be used. There were even secret race options that could be unlocked via downloadable content or purchased. This alone made the game extremely popular, coupled with the fact that there were just as many different character class combinations available to give players a memorable and exciting experience.

To play the game users simply installed the game software directly to their desktop computers or laptops. The immersion experience was enabled by the use of a device called the M2D(micro-monicle display) which was an innovative device placed on a player's face that displays audio-visual output. The M2D offers a 1280 x 1024 full color projection display with a transparency option to provides high quality audio immersion via the Omnisphere System. The default setting is monocle mode, in which only one lens is activated, but it can be put into double-lens mode for a more immersive experience. Add-ons include the Automatic Broad Interpretation, which allows users to select objects in front of their face and see detailed information about them. The M2D cost $420 and is standard equipment for playing the world. Since the game's release different models and more expensive or alternate brands have come out. A hand held controller used with one hand came along with the M2D which made game play simple with easy functionality.

"THE WORLD"

Within the game players are immersed into a fantasy world that was revealed to be named Alba, which is a ginormous floating landmass housing the fields, dungeons, root towns, lost grounds and other special areas that were often made accessible to players when certain events come up. An enormous statue of the Goddess whom legend has it created Alba, sits at the center of everything. The World is based upon an epic poem called the Epitaph of Twilight by the web author named Emma Wielant. The game's online story surrounds this poem and takes players on a tale where the world has come under siege by vicious monsters and entities whom were long sealed away by the Gods of Alba.

"The World" makes use of a leveling system never seen before where the players don't actually level up. Instead, upon creating their character, players are able to add something called "Morgana Points" to a "Morgana Parameter Sheet." Depending on class choices and so on the outline of each players original sheet varies. While area words do combine to make leveled areas along with monsters, players receive morgana points depending on monster level, party size, and the abilities they use in battle. For instance a Flick Reaper+Shadow Warlock character would have a staggering skill level with their shadow warlock abilities if they used their staff and spells to attack quite frequently and so on. This makes for interesting combinations of character skills, abilities and functionality within the game over time.

Game play is based around servers which contain different types of filed data that is made accessible and manageable via the Root Town at a server's core. Root Towns are the basis of everything in the game that is not connected to the dungeons and fields outside of these areas. Players gather at these locations to perform actions such as forming parties, trading, buying and selling items, going on quests and upgrading guilds. A combination of three area words are used to travel to dungeon and field areas via the Chaos Gate. Each server has one, likewise each field or dungeon has one as well.

There are various servers based upon Greek characters to name the servers with specific uses and root towns. [Δ] Delta Server: Mac Anu; for beginners, [Θ] Theta Server: Dol Dona; for intermediate players, [Λ] Lambda Server: Carmina Gadelica; for the advanced, [Σ] Sigma Server: Breg Epona; for legendary PCs and dual [Α] Servers: Lia Fail and Lumina Cloth made for normal arena battles and the special quest reward shop.

Infection of the PKers
For four years after the release of "The World", things had been running smoothly with little to no problems within Alba that hadn't been tamed or settled with help of the admins or players themselves. Within the previous year and 3 months however certain problems involving player-killers(pks) for short,rapidly started to develop. It seemed that many players disliked the large gap between themselves and those of a higher class, choosing to resort to killing other players below their own Morgana Parameters or just to cause terror for the players whom might have more recently joined "The World". This caused a large scale problem in the servers, CC Corp even made an announcement that pking was allowed but was causing the glitching of player characters which could result in the permanent loss of data or even the complete reformatting of characters. Rumors that a previous event titled "The Twilight Bracelet" had overlaid a mass number characters with a virus developed in "The World" which was causing player characters to lose control of themselves and attack other players. Whether this was true or not, never came to light.

Mutations of Olympus Event
June 12th, 2024 CC Corp released a new event called Mutations of Olympus in which players went on two daunting quests which delved further into the story behind Alba and how it got to be the present floating landmass it is. Originally two separate quests were required to be completed to finish the event but before it had been out 2 months a strange monologue was added to the participation requirements to even accept the 2 quests for the event. Players were required to use their microphones to recite the words below.

Shunning the field broken by Wave.
The shadowed girl whispers,
"Surely, I will return."
Alas, the truth unbeknownst.
Awaiting her at journey's end;
Eternal mourning for her land.

Afterward players were to go on the quest called "Artemis' Sorrow". at area words [Σ] Resonating False Grasslands. The quest consisted of a field map 10 times larger than normal fields where players were made to collect clues from over 30 different treasures chests to acquire the symbol fragments to enter the beast temple. Many of the boxes opened to display a video sequence that showed obscure images of the Goddess Artemis, both visiting unrecognizable Lost Grounds and text scrolls which explained bits and pieces of Artemis' purpose within the game and her disdain for wielders of dark magics and something about the coming curse of the Wave. The beast temple held a treasure that was a map with directions to start the secondary quest, "Artemis' Lamnent". The next set of area words were; [A] Resonating False Grassland. This led to a darker mirror field of the original. Monsters in this area were able to inflict a strange status effect on players called "waste" that tripled sp costs during battle and removed the option to Rengeki. Later in the field Artemis was revealed in full. Players got to battle her as the boss. Upon defeating her,Artemis claimed that another of her kind was coming to avenge her as the Chains of Olympus had been severed.

Outbreak of Olympus Event
On August 29th 2024 CC Corp released a continuation to the Mutations of Olympus Event. Like before players wishing to go on the quest were required to recite a monologue full of enigma to begin the two quests made for the event.

Wave soars and shrouds the eyes.
No means to fight an omnipresent force,
The shadowless ones just grieve.
Why must it be a Wave?
Divide, if it would just...
Then retaliate, we may.

This time players were to go on the quest called "Athena's Tears" at area words [Θ] Cursed Despaired Paradise. In a large temple style dungeon, players had to search for monsters that dropped a special item, the Athena Tear. These items were needed to unseal barriers put in place around the temple which halted players from proceeding. Each barrier that came down activated a video sequence showing Athena arguing with a shadowed figure about the death of Artemis and related agenda to how she'd been corrupted by the Wave. Deep on the 10th floor of the dungeon where the Beast Statue was located, players can chase Athena to the end of the dungeon where she blames players for causing her beloved sister's death before reducing players HP to 1 and putting them in a battle with a giant cogwheel apparatus. Defeating this monster granted players the "Gear of Madness", enabling players to take the secondary quest, "Wrath of Two."

The area words were; [A] Cursed Despaired Paradise. In the second part of the quest. the dungeon was older looking, parts of it were falling apart or simply worn down with age exposing parties to the outside. Monsters in the dungeon had the ability to inflict another strange status on players. It was called "Sizzle". When attacking foes, players would randomly have fire damage inflicted on them and also receive double damage from fire based attacks. Three floors down players were met by Apollo whom became enraged, brutally murdering Athena before player's very eyes. Her body revives as a pale husk and players are forced to battle the two Greek Deities. After winning the dungeon collapses and players were sent back to the root town with a key item "Decree of Ares."

Quarantine of Olympus Event
It has been two months since the release of the Outbreak of Olympus Event. The next part of the series is due to be released later today. Any player that has completed The O3 Event will be able to participate in this next incredible event to further understand the history of The World of Alba.

This is where our story begins. We'll all be playing PCs that have finished all the previous events up to Quarantine of Olympus. Once the rp starts more information will be given to move the plot ahead...

I'm reposting this because the last time it got virtually no interest. Spread the word people, this has the potential to be a wonderful rp experience. Join and see what I'm referring to.

~~~~~

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Rules
Literacy:
Seriously though, is it that hard to spell?? Make sure your posts are legible and neat. Grammar shouldn’t be a problem.

Battles:
This is a dot hack role play. As such, battles are going to happen a bit regularly. That being said, everyone post reasonably and accordingly. Keep in mind that this is a "game

Power Playing/Godmodding:
In a game like this the possibilities of impossible things happening are high. Just don’t do it yourself without permission.

Post Length:
Keep in mind that this is a role play where I want quality and quantity. The post length should be represented as such. From that, I ask at least 3-4 paragraphs of non-dialogue.

Details:
Let’s give vivid details. There is a ton to talk about...its The World

Proof That you Have Read The Rules:
To prove to me that you have read the rules, please put “We're all in too deep." in your character sheet.

Amount of characters:
Every role player is allowed two characters.

Lastly:
This is for our enjoyment, so make sure to have a wonderful rp experience.​

Last edited:

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Although this is so similar to my current RP, I do want to join it cause it is the type of RP I love to play in, so expect a character from me.

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Sword Art Online and dot hack are MMORPGs. In fact whoever made SAO definitely copied off the idea of dot hack. It came out ages ago and is much more in depth with the story etc. True, SAO has the entire "trapped in the game thing," but that is also an event that came long before SAO came out. Of course this occurred in nearly EVERY dot hack game/anime/etc.

Anyway, please join, bring people from your rp lol. I'll join yours if it is still open. Maybe at some point we can do some kind of cross-over collaboration <3

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
I know the similarities between them, I have said all that before. But I will join your RP and you don't have to join mine unless you want too. As for the people in my RP, theres no doubt they will find this on their own.

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Oh why not. I'll join this rp since I love .hack//g.u. and happen to know enough about The World. [I've seen the anime of .hack//Sign, Twilight and Roots too.] I might have to refresh my memory on a few things, but I'm totally game for this; if its still active.

I'll have a template up shortly, Surreal Recusant.
And yeah, please call me KitKat still. :D

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Nope, I had no idea I could refer to you by any other name. With that said, I'll probably call you 'Tav' or 'S.R'. :) Oh yeah, and happy to join you.

I was working on my template, and came across this:
[Your History of The World is all I wanna know. Remember, detail is your friend <3]

^ Is it my actual knowledge of The World, or is it like how Shiloh (the name of my first character,) came to know about The World?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Here's my first template. Hopefully everything checks out for you, Tav. I'll get started on my second template shortly.

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Mirror Reflection
So basically Kaz is immune to every spell in the game?? This includes all elemental spells/non elemental spells cast by any class eh?? In that case wouldn't he also be unaffected by any spell that would help him as well?? This is an extremely powerful ability. I'll allow it but I feel something like this should have to be activated and drain sp or something. Otherwise anytime any spell is used at all you can reflect it(regardless of power/class/range etc) and avoid a ton of damage, not to mention troll any class which uses spells.(quite a few of them)

Your template checks out completely other than that.

:/ we need MOAR support.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I originally meant for it to have a consequence or two. I can alter it, so that way it isn't a haxed piece of armor. (xD) It'd get boring, if he couldn't get damaged at all by spells. Thanks for pointing it out, Tav! Its been fixed now, so it should be more acceptable.

I agree we do need some more support around here. C:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This is almost done. I just have to fill in a few other blanks.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Nice so far.

So, is there a reason you only chose a single character class for both characters??

It is done. :D

I prefer fighting with only one weapon. Makes it simpler. I don't mind upgrading Simi's or Kaz's weapons later on in the future. OR unlocking more abilities for them either. Plus, I think it gives them more of an edge in battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back