• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Don't Mock Me"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Watching Lexaeus' death scene again, I found something interesting...

When Riku shouts, "You're finished" and starts to run towards Lexaeus, Lexaues' responds with an angry "Don't Mock Me!" before destroying Riku's insides.

Any idea why Lexaeus would say that? Or is it a mistranslation?

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
i found that completely hilarious.
DONT MOCK ME!!

*smashes riku on the celing*

oh i really dont know errm mayeb he just wanted to say that.

Muse

you look atrocious
Er, it might just be me, but they tend to use that, "Don't mock me!" or "Don't make fun of me!" line a lot in Japanese series'. :v

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
There were tons of Mistrans. in CoM. It's probably one of those. Epic line though.

"DON"T MOCK ME!"

*Bang, right into the next room*

:D

Muse

you look atrocious
I don't think it's a translation error. :v It's just one of those things that they say a lot in different animes/mangas.

Like, "You're a 100 years too early!" Doesn't really mean that they're really 100 years too early, it's just a way to mock their inexperience/lack of ability.

Awards
"You're finished" implies that Lexaeus would be so weak as to be defeated by Riku that easily.

It's insulting to Lexaeus, he takes it in a mocking tone.

A

Audo

Because Riku was mocking his strength by saying he was finished?

KingdomHeartz93

I don't think it's a translation error. :v It's just one of those things that they say a lot in different animes/mangas.

Like, "You're a 100 years too early!" Doesn't really mean that they're really 100 years too early, it's just a way to mock their inexperience/lack of ability.

LOL byakuya much?
or could from anywer actually XD

I just thought of byakuya vs ichigo though XDDD

BehindClosedDoor

lol if only Riku smashed through the roof, he'd get to the first floor much faster
and yes, I agree with the fact that Lexeaus sees it as an insult to be defeated by Riku, thus explaining why he said "Don't mock me!".

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
Er, it might just be me, but they tend to use that, "Don't mock me!" or "Don't make fun of me!" line a lot in Japanese series'. :v
bleach. yeah. lol.

it's pretty common in mangas/animes but not that common/overly used in like japanese dramas.

but i guess it is mockingish, it's like Riku thinking that's all there is to Lexaeus. That'd be awesome if Lex used that line in BBS though B) like one of those things you understand once you play the other game. like in kh2 little things from com and stuff. lol.

Clarkie

My interpretation:

RIKU: die!
LEXAEUS: pffft as if *punts riku across five football fields*

as in riku killing him would be an insult to him.

BluesStar21

I thought it was funny, how far Riku went, it showed that Lexaus wasn't taking crap from anyone. I give him respect for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back