• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Don't ask, Don't tell" Repeal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
No it's the kind of thinking that says girls who hang out in the bad part of town get raped. But if no one knew they were girls they wouldn't get raped

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
People know women in burkas are women. So that argument makes absolutely no sense.

Either way you're saying that just because gays being abused in the military is wrong we shouldn't worry about it. The fact of the matter is it is a concern that they will be treated differently or worse because now they are openly gay.

tevlen

People know women in burkas are women. So that argument makes absolutely no sense.

Either way you're saying that just because gays being abused in the military is wrong we shouldn't worry about it. The fact of the matter is it is a concern that they will be treated differently or worse because now they are openly gay.

You are placing the blame on the victim, not the perpetrator. Punish the people that have the problem.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Why punish when you can prevent? The fact of the matter is sexuality is completely irrelevant to your military service. Why bring it up.

tevlen

Then you should also not be able to mention that you in any way like women. If we're going to go asexual, I can support that because sexuality shoudln't affect military service. But in the end on your offtime, you want to be able to talk to the people you're in a unit with, and sexuality is a very important part of the human mind.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Then you should also not be able to mention that you in any way like women. If we're going to go asexual, I can support that because sexuality shoudln't affect military service.

I thought that was how Don't Ask Don't Tell worked. But you may have a point to a certain degree. I just find the opinion that this solves gay soldiers problems to be a little ridiculous. And it does in fact raise lots of complicated issues.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
I thought that was how Don't Ask Don't Tell worked. But you may have a point to a certain degree. I just find the opinion that this solves gay soldiers problems to be a little ridiculous. And it does in fact raise lots of complicated issues.

Don't Ask Don't Tell does stipulate that you can not serve if you are openly gay. However, if you tell ANYONE in military service, and they snitch on you, that's about the same as coming right out and telling your CO. Though, who could prove it's true?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I thought that was how Don't Ask Don't Tell worked.

It wasn't. You could brag about how many women you had sex with all you wanted.

But you may have a point to a certain degree. I just find the opinion that this solves gay soldiers problems to be a little ridiculous. And it does in fact raise lots of complicated issues.

Not an excuse. The army and its soldiers will deal with it, whether it takes a day or a generation. Discrimination and firing someone because of discrimination is not acceptable.

tevlen

^ This. This one thousand times. Integration caused all sorts of problems, but we made the racists deal with it, we didn't' accomidate hatred, nor should we.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Not an excuse. The army and its soldiers will deal with it, whether it takes a day or a generation. Discrimination and firing someone because of discrimination is not acceptable.

No, you're right. Discrimination on principle should be fought. I didn't really understood how Don't Ask Don't Tell worked when I started this argument anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back