• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Donald treats Marshmallow disgustingly in this game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I mean Sora and Goofy were equally as hostile at first. It just took Donald a bit longer to fully trust him.

Awards
I won't tolerate it alone

Well, keep trying.

If anything Donald is more guilty of the times he mercilessly bullied Sora throughout the game

Being mean, rude, and teasing doesn't always amount to bullying. True bullying is done with the intent to hurt, to victimize someone and make them feel small while they make themselves feel big. Whenever Donald does it, especially in KH3, it's to keep Sora from getting too full of himself, because feeling bigger than you are is just as bad as feeling smaller.

On top of that, bullies act mean to others they know can't take it. That's why they keep picking on them. But Donald knows Sora can take it. Because Sora, even at his lowest point, is the kind of person who can take those kinds of doubts and turn them into strength. And Donald knows that.

Does this make Donald a bad friend? I don't know, you tell me. But I can certainly tell you, that does not make him a bully.

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards
Donald Duck has always been a racist bird stuck in his old ways; that's the core of his character. His whole journey through the series has been about him overcoming his prejudices towards non fowl beings and non Disney Town residents. He's come a long way since his isolationist and bigoted start in KH1, and though he still obviously has a long way to go towards acceptance and tolerance for others, he's made a lot of progress on expanding his worldview and understanding of those not like him. It's honestly been very moving.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Not as bad as when Sora found Marshmellow covered head to toe in yellow & Donald walking away laughing his ass off.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Donald Duck is officially cancelled!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Donald Duck once upon a time was a xenophobic racist. Imagine growing up in Duckberg with only ducks and birds around and one or two dogs. It’s a good thing he had his worldly uncle around or he may have been doomed forever. The fact that he essentially took his fate into his hands and got away from there to become Court Magician so he could explore the universe is great progress for him. He’s also lucky to have a mouse and a dog as friends that point out when he’s being prejudiced to help him grow as a person.

Like redcrown said, he’s been moving past his prejudices. He’s still quick to distrust everybody but that is more a quirk of his personality rather than any internalized prejudices.

The Donald Duck of the past and the one now 17 years later is definitely a reformed duck.

Back