• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Donald & Goofy's alternate "duds"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Neo_

Awards
Is there a criteria for them wearing these?

I haven't played every game in the series, but they wore these at the beginning of KH1, in Yen Sid's tower in DDD and in BBS... why? If I had to guess, I would say these were their original designs for outfits, and they wanted to implement them somehow.

latest
latest

This is the weird shit I care about.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I always assumed that those outfuts were designed to let the audience know that Donald is a mage and Goofy is a knight. Personally, it would have been cool to see the both of them wear these outfits in battle at least once.

Tempo

Awards
technically no, i don't think so. they just wear those clothes when they're doing Royal Duty things, like when they're on the job at the castle or visiting yen sid. their "regular outfits" that they're most commonly seen wearing are their Adventuring Clothes. and their "classic" outfits (with goofy's orange vest and donald's red bow tie) are for when the adventure's over and it's time to chill out and go back to being civilians.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Too bad they didn't introduce the alternate outfit option also seen in FFXV (since they copied so much else from that game). And not just for D&G, but all the playable characters.

Choose for Sora between outfits from KH3, 3D, 2, 1, maybe Form-specific clothes, too; Donald and Goofy to choose between their standard battle clothes, the Disney Castle stuff, and their classic outfits (like how they appear at the end of KH1/beginning of CoM walking on the path to Castle Oblivion).

kaseykockroach

Awards
The 'normal' clothes are probably easier to wear during battle. Donald's hat is huge here, and one can only imagine it constantly falling off during fighting, much to his exasperation!

Back