• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Donald and Goofy are ASSHOLES

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
So I've just reached Hallow Bastion and watched the cutscene where Riku takes the Keyblade from Sora. As you may have noticed, Donald and Goofy straight-up homie ditch Sora like it's no big deal.

Now I know they had a mission to fulfill from King Mickey but that's just ridiculous. Keep in mind that this is the same guy that Donald refused to let on board the gummi ship back in Traverse Town. Considering that this happens after (chronologically) Sora gives the three musketeers speech to Hercules, the whole thing just seems backwards. Why couldn't Donald and Goofy at least hung around a little and tried to make sense of the situation?

And I know some of you are gonna say "but they obviously felt bad about it", but they must not have felt that bad since they just left Sora without a gummi ship or practical weapon in a world teeming with powerful heartless.

Why the hell did they leave? Was the mission more important than a friend? I don't think even Mickey would agree with that sentiment

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I think you're being a little harsh. They DID have to follow orders. They obviously regretted it, they rejoined Sora immediately after seeing him again.

soranjaxx

I do agree with you in some ways they do make you feel ditched. The way Donald just goes with the mission at least Goofy is conflicted.
If Goofy didn't go back to Sora later on the two of them probably would've stayed with Riku.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They wanted to honor what their best friend and King said and considering it was all they had to go on to find their own friend, they felt that following the "Key" would be the path. It is the same how Sora spent most of the game really under-appreciating his growing friendship with Donald and Goofy.

We see it in Deep Jungle when Sora decided he was more concerned about finding Kairi and Riku despite the fact he was still worried about Donald and Goofy, but his anger at Donald and selfish desires overrode that. And it really wasn't until his second visit to OC and then HB that he really understood the value of their friendship. Meanwhile, Donald and Goofy weren't having the same inner changes that Sora was...at least not at the same pace as Sora.

Their actions were a reflection of their own development at that point. Donald and Goofy were traveling with Sora, essentially a stranger, to find their friend. They grew attached to him during their journey, but they still weren't the CLOSEST friends and they were still following the King's orders. Just like Sora, they were obsessed with finding their best friend but unlike Sora, they had essentially gotten their way the whole time. Donald wasn't really into the idea of helping Sora find his friends, and even less open to the idea of letting somebody like Riku join them. Goofy was more willing to go along with whatever and try to be the neutral ground Sora and Donald could stay on. They hadn't been challenged in their views and actions, yet, not like Sora had been constantly throughout the game.

When Riku got the Keyblade, they reached a critical point in their development. Do they stay with Sora and disobey their best friend's orders, or do they go with Riku and hope to find him but leave Sora behind despite everything they had been through?

They made their choice, but they obviously felt bad about it. This was when their own paradigm shift was starting. They had to completely reanalyze their whole views on the situation, but it took leaving Sora's side to be able to do that. If they hadn't left, I doubt they would have ever come to the realization that friendship is more valuable than orders.

They certainly never stopped to think about what Mickey would think. They just wanted their friend back.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
they were just honoring their friends orders. despite that however in the end, they valued their friendship with sora more which is why they went back to him before he got back his keyblade.

btw, how the hell did goofy get all the way from riku to sora to save him from riku's attack so quickly?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Goofy is the Flash. Or time travel. It's cartoon physics, yo, he could most likely do anything. His only weakness is invisible walls preventing him from fighting a boss.

State

Awards
Not to defend Donald and Goofy or anything, but the Olympus Colosseum segment was optional, so... That never happened. :v /sarcasm

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not to defend Donald and Goofy or anything, but the Olympus Colosseum segment was optional, so... That never happened. :v /sarcasm

Most of the game is optional. Everything that happens whether you play it or not (outside of the alternate scenes in Monstro) is canon 8D

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Riku: You'd betray your king?

Goofy: Not on your life! But I'm not gonna betray Sora either, 'cause he's become one of my best buddies after all we've been through together!

goofy is not an asshole

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Donald's an asshole for healing goofy all the time instead of me.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I always felt it was what you'd call a "dick move" but I can understand why, the key was what would supposedly led them to their friend.

Goofy: Not on your life! But I'm not gonna betray Sora either, 'cause he's become one of my best buddies after all we've been through together!

goofy is not an asshole

This^

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
it would have been more dickish of donald and goofy if they only went back to sora when he got back his keyblade

Gram

Banned
Awards
it would have been more dickish of donald and goofy if they only went back to sora when he got back his keyblade

lawl If not for Goofy stepping up they may have been how it happened. xD

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

goofy is not an asshole
This, and them following orders is immediately forgivable. They'd probable have stayed with riku if Goofy didn't act this way.

Maybe not if they saw what Maleficent was doing.

State

Awards
or in this case it was a "duck move"

or in this case more duckish

I'll be leaving now

The staff should filter the word "dick" and censor it with "duck", lol.

But back on topic, I never experienced any type of hazards with Donald, Goofy or any world-exclusive partner. Never. '_'

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Donald is starting to cast Aeroga on me more frequently and Goofy is using his MP Gift on me constantly. They are cool with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back