• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does this game matter?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHHacker6595

Listen, I played Re:Coded, beat it in 3 days, I enjoyed the nostalgic factor, The inclusion of game play elements of all the games, the turn based battle system at Olympus Coliseum and the battle system with Donald and Goofy at Hollow Bastion. The story as a whole was terrible but the character interactions and development between Data Sora and Data Riku almost saved it. The secret ending was not worth it to me, most secret endings aren't, you can just look them up online. Pretty much the game seemed pointless and I know some people still say that, but I keep seeing people talk about it and how they want to get every keyblade and max there levels and complete ever data sector. But why, Kingdom Hearts core is "story", why after you've completed a terrible story would you want to waste anymore time with a game just to get a feeling of accomplishment. To me I like completing a game %100, but if its worth it. In Re:coded's case, I just don't think it is. In the overall scheme of things, its a very forgettable game.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I think some just get really into completing a game's side quests, prizes , unlocking secret weapons, just anything to get the 100% mark. No matter how pointless it may be. Except for when someone regularly uploads videos of themselves going through playthroughs for others to see, I don't see how anyone would focus that much on a game like this either.

Last edited:

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
In regards to its overall significance in the series, it's one of the least important ones. There are some important tidbits, but they're few and far between.

Really, the only truly important parts to the game are this:
-Ansem hid data within Sora while he slept
-The data, in part, contains info on those who are tormented (RXA, TAV, and Naminé)
-Sora is able to deal with the hurting that may come from saving them
-The contents of the letter Sora receives at the end of KH2 (though there really isn't much there other than HEY WE NEED YOU DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOIN' AND COME QUICK!)
-Defeating both one's Heartless and one's Nobody allows them to be reborn, as is the case with MX
-Sora and Riku are taking the Mark of Mastery (which, as we now know, is what part of KH3D is) to ensure that they'll be skilled and powerful enough to defeat MX

the VERY important parts are bolded

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Does it matter to the story? Ehhh not really. All the important parts can be watched on youtube in 10 minutes.

I thought it was a fun game though. The gameplay was MUCH better than 358/1212/1/21//12 Days.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I think it would have been better if they put all the important things from Recoded into Days.
But that would mean I'd have to pay more attention to what was going on in it. lol

Gram

Banned
Awards
for me getting 100% (or mostly in my case nearly 90%) is its something to do.
and no the story was utterly pointless but character interactions & gameplay made it fun, two things days seemed lacking in to me.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think it is a matter of tastes. I will continue to remember Re:coded because of how enjoyable it was and the Sora-Riku interactions. Others won't. I want to get 100% because I like the challenge and having things completed.

I think it would have been better if they put all the important things from Recoded into Days.
But that would mean I'd have to pay more attention to what was going on in it. lol

I couldn't stand Days' story and no amount of better gameplay would have made me enjoy the game. I don't see where the important things in Re:coded could fit in Days, anyways.

WaveK89

Oh, and it also let us know that Maleficent and Pete were still around. Not that we didn't see that coming anyway.

I'm still debating on playing Re:Coded whether start over or try to complete what I could, but I don't think I have the patience for it.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
It depends on how you rank significance. As an essential plot installment? Not really. Everything in the game is conveniently packaged within the boundaries of Jiminy's Journal and all of the relevant character interactions take place between data facsimiles of the actual characters, rendering them mostly inconsequential to the goings-on of the Realm of Light. That being said, it does mend a few story threads that previous posts have mentioned (Maleficent's whereabouts, also reestablishes her as a completely ineffectual villain), at least remotely leads into the events of Dream Drop Distance and appears to provide some very dubious foreshadowing. Additionally, it remains to be seen whether the data characters (Data!Riku, in particular) have a grander role to play in the scheme of things.

Now, as a stand-alone title with its own integral plot line, conflict motif and game schematics, it may fare better or worse. Many felt the characterization in the game was some of the best KH has managed so far. I would disagree, but to each their own. I did, however, feel that the game play was quite fun and I appreciated the emphasis on puzzle/dungeon scenarios. The script was fair and contained what will probably be the last relatively coherent plot we see from KH for some time, granted one can move beyond the initial premise in which you are traveling through a paper journal via a computer which is data mining writings that were erased due to the magical properties of a castle which appeared in the overarching series continuity three games ago. I also feel that the recycled predicament (if one can call it that) of Hearts residing in technically non-existent beings has been better served by the stories of the Riku Replica and Xion, on the whole: of course, that is, once again, entirely subjective.

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
To the story? Not really for me. You can always look it up online.

Despite thinking the game was pointless, I still bought it. I have no regrets because the gameplay and story were fun. It also took a lot of my time.
I originally had intentions of buying it so I'd know what everyone's talking about and to get the secret ending.

LeeLu

To be honest, neither 358/2Days nor Re:Coded was necessary, but despite being another rehash of KHI, Re:Coded was enjoyable and fun to play. It was just an over-all better gaming experience.

Mr Yippie

so you guys say Coded is at least worth a used buy? im jonesing for a KH game and I'm PSPless

Gram

Banned
Awards
i'd say so yes, reasons why shown above xD
the extra content alone kept me on there for like 69 hours.

Grey

I think Re:Coded is actually one of my favorite titles in the series. It's wicked fun.

However, as far as relevance to the overall story... yeah, it doesn't add so much. Then again, there isn't a lot of room for it to add too much without creating some sort of plot hole.

Mirby, you forgot the part about how Data Sora and Data Riku are given the task of parting their knowledge to their real-world selves. That will likely be relevant in the future.

LeeLu

I think Re:Coded is definitely worth a used-buy. I mean, don't get your expectations too high. It's nothing stellar, but it is fun.

I have to say i find it incredibly amusing that the game that had good writer and was all hyped up and everyone was drooling for (Days) turned out to be so disappointing and game that Nomura came up with while drunk (Coded) was way better. Or at that was the rumor I heard.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think Re:Coded is definitely worth a used-buy. I mean, don't get your expectations too high. It's nothing stellar, but it is fun.

I have to say i find it incredibly amusing that the game that had good writer and was all hyped up and everyone was drooling for (Days) turned out to be so disappointing and game that Nomura came up with while drunk (Coded) was way better. Or at that was the rumor I heard.

The drunk comment is just joking xD

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
To an extent its important. It's really the only KH handheld that moves the story along, no matter how tiny the move. BBS just added characters and explained a few things, but it didn't move anything along, just answered questions really.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
To an extent its important. It's really the only KH handheld that moves the story along, no matter how tiny the move. BBS just added characters and explained a few things, but it didn't move anything along, just answered questions really.

As a prequel, that's all it's obliged to do.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Which I'm glad it answered the questions it was supposed to. I just hate that it ultimately created more. And considering I am not going to be able to play DDD, because I dont want to invest in a 3DS, and because they just won't move KH to a console, I really don't have much interest left. I'll just watch the cutscenes on youtube and hopefully, something amazing will happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back