• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

does the water have some importance?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

heartofRiku

I recently noticed something with the Kingdom Hearts series. I noticed how the water has some importance. First, is how Kairi arrived at Destiny Islands. She got there by raft, and she is supposedly from Hallow Bastion. Secondly is how Monstro was able to get into space. He's a whale and wouldn't be able to breathe in space, unless there is some kind of connection with the connecting worlds and the water. Then a lot of the time you see someone looking out towards the water, but it could just resemble that the characters are looking for something in the unknown. The ways the letters in the bottle get to the people they were meant for. Kairi sent her letter from Destiny Islands and it got to Sora, when he was on the dark beach. The letter Mickey sent was in a bottle and somehow was able to find the way to Destiny Islands. The door that opened for Riku and Sora to get back to Destiny Island opened up in the water. Does anyone else think that the water may have some importance that hasn't been explained?

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
That doesn't have anything to do with the game its just how it all went together

and ya monstro is a space whale dumby

heartofRiku

how do you explain the whole thing with the letters and Kairi ending up on Destiny Island and if Monstro is a space whale how would he be able to swallow Pinnochio and Jeppeto. They were in a boat and they aren't able to travel to other worlds.

Last edited:

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Remember the saying; "One Sky, One destiny"? Well, the sky is similar to the water but it is earthly. There is one ocean under one sky. That's how the bottle managed to get to Sora and Riku. It is because the worlds are connected acting as one big giant world. Simple, no? As for meaning of water... borders. They act as borders, though we still are connected. Water has no meaning in the game. Maybe, but no.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
Like what he said ^

With the letters thing...its how it was worked out i mean they couldn't just throw it and it come flying and whack sora in the head and kill him so they used water for the sake of the ppl ^_^

heartofRiku

Our bodies are made mostly of water. Supposedly we evolved from the creatures that came from the water. So wouldn't that mean our hearts are created from the water? There are still some things that occur around the water. To me it seems like there is a connection with Kingdom Hearts and the water. Mainly due to the endings of KH and KH2.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
There is a connection between us and water not in evolution but spiritually. Water stands for tranquility and adaptation. Like water, our souls grow and adapt to things that affect us. We waver like the waves and rage like the storms. The souls are very much like water. Like I said before, water may seperate us, but we are all still connected. The water connects us. It's an avatar thing. Our hearts (spirit hearts) are made of good intentions. Corrupted hearts come from hollow intentions.

It does seem like Kingdom Hearts has a connection to the water because water can be easily tainted and purified like the light. Probably, inside kingdom hearts is actually a giant ocean. A giant ocean that connects to every land. As they say, the worlds are connected to Kingdom hearts. They are born in kingdom Hearts and they will die in kingdom hearts. Land is born under water. It forms into an island. It dies when water overtakes it.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Here's why(from my point of view):

They islands are supposedly the perfect society, where everything is peaceful and everyone loves everyone. Since they have so much water is there to show the utter space between themselves and the rest of the world. now when ansem comes, that perfect society is shattered and main members of it's community either 1) succumb to the darkness or 2) leave the island and become refugees.

The reason that people, in general, always seem to peer off into space when they are around the sea is because you always think that there is a difference between you and the people on the other side of this seemingly endless amount of water. In reality we know what is out there but this is the same reason we look into the sky now, it's unknown to us what is out there, if there is any other life out there, if there's another sentient being out there etc.

The letter is showing that there is a connection between you and the rest of the universe and that if you hope enough, you can eventually find your own way home.(watch the wizard of oz for further explanation)

Monstro has little explanation. It exists because disney wanted in there and they didn't really explain what it's in space. I'll go with the space whale idea.

TheSephirothGene

Website
-The-Sephiroth-Gene-.bebo.com
I think that it may well be coincidental, that the water ties in with things. However, you are on to something. I'm just going to elaborate a little on what's already been said.

Look at the Disney worlds.
Deep Jungle = Africa.
Beasts Castle = France.
Agrabah = Arabia.
Neverland = England.
Olympus Coliseum = Greece.
Land of Dragons = China.
Pride Lands = Savannah.

Each Disney world is merely a different country. So, talking literally, "other worlds" says to us "other countries." Since most countries in our world have access to the sea, some way or another, it's possible that when Kairi sent her bottle [Let's assume Destiny Islands are in the Meditteranean], it may have floated all the way to the Pride Lands, then Simba kicked it down the water and it ended up in England.

I digress. The point is that each of the worlds are connected and you may be right when you say that they are connected by the sea. The borders could be Fish Net's, for all we know :toungesmile:

I've rambled on now.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
I think that it may well be coincidental, that the water ties in with things. However, you are on to something. I'm just going to elaborate a little on what's already been said.

Look at the Disney worlds.
Deep Jungle = Africa.
Beasts Castle = France.
Agrabah = Arabia.
Neverland = England.
Olympus Coliseum = Greece.
Land of Dragons = China.
Pride Lands = Savannah.

Each Disney world is merely a different country. So, talking literally, "other worlds" says to us "other countries." Since most countries in our world have access to the sea, some way or another, it's possible that when Kairi sent her bottle [Let's assume Destiny Islands are in the Meditteranean], it may have floated all the way to the Pride Lands, then Simba kicked it down the water and it ended up in England.

I digress. The point is that each of the worlds are connected and you may be right when you say that they are connected by the sea. The borders could be Fish Net's, for all we know :toungesmile:

I've rambled on now.

You forgot Port Royale which is the Carribean.

gosox333

I recently noticed something with the Kingdom Hearts series. I noticed how the water has some importance. First, is how Kairi arrived at Destiny Islands. She got there by raft, and she is supposedly from Hallow Bastion. Secondly is how Monstro was able to get into space. He's a whale and wouldn't be able to breathe in space, unless there is some kind of connection with the connecting worlds and the water. Then a lot of the time you see someone looking out towards the water, but it could just resemble that the characters are looking for something in the unknown. The ways the letters in the bottle get to the people they were meant for. Kairi sent her letter from Destiny Islands and it got to Sora, when he was on the dark beach. The letter Mickey sent was in a bottle and somehow was able to find the way to Destiny Islands. The door that opened for Riku and Sora to get back to Destiny Island opened up in the water. Does anyone else think that the water may have some importance that hasn't been explained?

Its a video game. It doesent have to make sense

Saix's Moon

There's also Sora, Riku, and Kairi's connection: Kai means sea,
Riku, which means land, and Sora, which means sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back