• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does Sora still have a Drive form?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
I'm still wondering if there is any Formchange and Drive form relationship?
And can Formchange be called some evolution of the Drive form, or am I wrong?

okhi12

Awards
I don't remember the exact words but when Yen Sid gave Sora his KH3 clothes he said that the three fairies made them and they have magical properties, just like his previous outfit. That obviously refers to the clothes changing during the transformations, implying the nature of the form change is akin to the drive forms, an evolution like you said. It is safe to assume that.
And as a gameplay mechanic, the form change is confirmed to be an evolution of the drive system. They said it long before the game was released, I'm not sure if it was in an interview or news about the game.

Edit: I'm just talking about the clothes transformation. Like Zip said, The keyblade changing form is most likely unrelated to the drive system.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Drive Forms are due to the magic of the clothes provided to Sora by the fairies in KH2.

Form changes, on the other hand, are a skill that any experienced Keyblade wielder can use, regardless of what they’re wearing. Remember that they were first used by the BBS trio.

So in terms of what they are and how they’re used in canon, no, they aren’t really connected despite some similarities.

But from a gameplay design standpoint, yes. Form changes were Nomura’s way of evolving the drive system for BBS.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Drive Forms are due to the magic of the clothes provided to Sora by the fairies in KH2.

Form changes, on the other hand, are a skill that any experienced Keyblade wielder can use, regardless of what they’re wearing. Remember that they were first used by the BBS trio.

So in terms of what they are and how they’re used in canon, no, they aren’t really connected despite some similarities.

But from a gameplay design standpoint, yes. Form changes were Nomura’s way of evolving the drive system for BBS.

Yup. His clothes change depending on what Formchange he uses, and we also know that it serves relatively the same purpose as what Keyblade Armor do -- Darkness protection. Drive Forms were basically him using compartmentalized aspects of his powers he didn't have access to. Most of them were specialized to cover a certain area specifically, although there were some that were all-around boosts.

But his formchanges, that's ALL him. Which is why I kinda chuckle at people saying his KH2 self is stronger than his KH3 self. He had more magic back then, BUT in KH3 he's also got Shotlocks, Keyblade Transformations, Attraction Flow, Flowmotion and the ability to switch Keyblades on a dime (I'm counting this). Not to mention (regardless of how people feel about this), he took on multiple members of Organization XIII (not alone mind you but he still did), defeated them in a relatively quick succession all in the same day, AND killed X-Blade wielding Master Xehanort (along with his multiple boss phases).

And this isn't even counting what upgrades Sora might get ReMIND. Sheesh.

Back