• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does Sora own more than one keyblade? -Theory-

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
i dont know how we are going to explain this but heres a theory. you know how in the KH2 secret movie theres like A THOUSAND keyblades in the crossroads? weird huh. so im guessing all the dual weilding crap comes from the keychain. i beileve that whenever sora holds a keychain up to his heart, the keyblade appears! it just doesenmt show that when sora switches keyblades in the game becuase they probably couldent get it to do that, or didnt have the idea. but that still doesent explain where they came from. mickey got his from the realm of darkness, sora got his from destiny islands, and riku got his from, well.......i think riku got his keyblade,souleater,from malificent,but where did he get way to the dawn? maybe he found it while he was taking the road to dawn,or how DiZ say it,"The Twilit Road To Nightfall" from KHCOM. aqua and terras keyblades have no chains, so, that doesent mean they are keyblades. but in KH2FM+ when terra hits you with his "Weapon" stars come off it like a normal keyblade would. its so hard to find out the mystery of these weapons. we should just get tetsuyas email from some japanese hobo whos obsessed with him. then we can ask tetsuya the question.

Last edited:

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Hell no, otherwise Sora would own all the worlds lol... Well i figured the second KeyBlade came from his clothes, cos he only has em in the Drives

Akans

「moriya」
i replayed kh 2 recently, does anyone else agree the mulon world is the stupidest/most boring thing ever added to KH?
No. It was fun, but you can say all the worlds are pointeless. You meet Riku in the Land of Dragons anyways. How is that relevant?
well the keychain is not the heart of the world...
I see where the theory is coming from, and that WOULD be a good theory, except for the fact that for a lot of the keychains, Sora is given them by someone, and he can gain many keychains from a single world.
i.e. Hallow Bastion: Oblivion (KH1), One-Winged Angel (Sephiroth), Gullwing (those three fairies).

DarkeTiger

Website
www.kevan.org
DarkeTiger

No. It was fun, but you can say all the worlds are pointeless. You meet Riku in the Land of Dragons anyways. How is that relevant?

I see where the theory is coming from, and that WOULD be a good theory, except for the fact that for a lot of the keychains, Sora is given them by someone, and he can gain many keychains from a single world.
i.e. Hallow Bastion: Oblivion (KH1), One-Winged Angel (Sephiroth), Gullwing (those three fairies).

Well each keychain could come from their respective worlds - Oblivion (Hollow Bastion), I think with the Sephiroth one you mean Fenrir (Midgar), Gullwing (Spira)

Moncus

Re: DarkeTiger

Well each keychain could come from their respective worlds - Oblivion (Hollow Bastion), I think with the Sephiroth one you mean Fenrir (Midgar), Gullwing (Spira)

He means the one winged angel from the Final Mix+ of the original Kingdom Hearts game. There are two keyblades you kind of* get from sephiroth.

dark_light13

The other keyblade is created using the heart of which ever companion he fuses with. For example when Sora enters Valor his second Keyblade and new found powers are coming from goofy's heart.

Let me just say now the theory of the keychains being hearts of worlds is just plain stupid and a garunteed no.

DarkeTiger

Website
www.kevan.org
The other keyblade is created using the heart of which ever companion he fuses with. For example when Sora enters Valor his second Keyblade and new found powers are coming from goofy's heart.

Let me just say now the theory of the keychains being hearts of worlds is just plain stupid and a garunteed no.

How do you know its a guaranteed no? Disney has a lot of stupid things in their games, same with Square

Moncus

How do you know its a guaranteed no? Disney has a lot of stupid things in their games, same with Square

I seriously doubt it, it is an interesting idea once you break best the original doubt i got from hearing the suggestion, but based on in-game information, nothing supports it. It wouldn't make sense why say Tarzan or Jane i don't remember who, gave Sora the Jungle King keyblade. Why would the heart of the world turn into a chain, and appear as something Jane or Tarzan owns? Then by chance they gave that particular thing to Sora. Thats just a common one, would definately not explain Oathkeeper or Oblivion.

Something someone brought up about keyblades representing people they meet though, thats a very interesting idea because right now i cant think of any keyblades that contradict that idea. ^.^

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
have we been through that fact that keychains only change the shape/power of the keyblade and arent actually new keyblades?

moving on

i thought keychains were memories given to sora from friends he made
i swear i remember that from kh1
makes me remember geppetto's house in traverse

that makes more sense, doesnt it?

Chocobo Dyl

Thats what i've always thought, but thats when i started thinking about the Forms extra keyblades, Even Roxas having oathkeeper and oblivion at the same time. And something that just came to mind.. When Sora fights Roxas in KH2, i remember I had the Oathkeeper equip. I'm sure it isn't a part of the story that the oathkeeper was the keyblade Sora was using during that fight, BUT, For the entire KH2 storyline, Sora had Kairis good luck charm. Otherwise he would had never been able to have it in the ending scene. He was never given it or ever had it taken away during the entire game. But if Roxas had the Good Luck charm attatched to his Kingdom Key., that would mean that there was two of them at one time.

My only possible answer to that would be that i would assume that Roxas's keyblade is a duplicate of Sora's. Therefore he would also have Oblivion and Oathkeeper as duplicate also, although i cant explain why he would have duplicates made.

I know moncus said this a while ago but it might help make a better theory I was browsing and found something quite interesting if you look at roxas's keyblade it has a paupu (spelling?) fruit on the end that he got from namine and that his is longer so that must mean that roxas's keyblade has a diffrent name.

As for the two keyblades what if it's really the kings blade and sora's uses it and then the drive gauge goes down and thats mickey trying to get his keyblade back.a bit stupid but anythings possible.

U

Ultima Sacrifice

Alright maybe i'm niave, but i first got into the kingdom hearts series a long ass time ago when the first game came out right? And to me, i remember always getting new forms of the keyblade, but i always assumed (Not sure where this came from, but it's how i always reasoned it.) that when he uses a different keyblade, he simply changed the keychain. (Like for oathkeeper, after Kairi gave Sora the lucky charm which appears at the end of the keyblade.) So alright.. Seems pretty solid, but then comes forms. You can equip two keyblades, so where does the other one come from?

Another thing i was wondering.. Even if he doesn't carry more then one keyblade, how do we know he puts the keychain on it to make it change form? Cause' you know, i thought that for Hercules keyblade from kingdom hearts 2, had the item that hercules had to get in order to get ridd of the curse of the underworld so they could fight hades. Well in the future even though we had the keyblade with the medallion-thing that gets ridd of the curse, you still cant fight hades. So i can assume that thats not actually the medallion, just an exact look-alike.

Another question i got coming up, i guess if the keyblade needs a keychain in order to take a form, what does it look like with no keychain added? Is it the kingdom key? Does the mickey mouse head keychain magically appear when in the absence of the others..?

I just wouldn't mind understanding a little better how a keyblade actually works. Maybe everyone else on this website knows besides me. Anyone wanna help me out?

Hmm, honestly, I think it's more from they keyblade. Like, it senses the essense of another keyblade form, and when you yourself go into the game and have him weild other than the kingdom key, it's the keychain. they keyblade senses it's presense and takes the form the keychain has locked inside.
And here's a question that i don't know if it's been answered, but, If sora gets his second keyblade from his clothes, how does Roxas have two to begin with?

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
it's just a keyblade with a pocket full of keychains, done deal.

Mike

iROFL
Awards
If I have this right, Sora has ONE keyblade, the Kingdom Key. If he takes the Mickey Mouse Keychain off and puts a diffrent Keychain on, it changes its form accordingly. And if your asking in KH2 how he can use 2 keyblade, he uses the one he using in his Normal form, but for the second, im guessing that the Drive Forms make the Keychain take shape into the Keyblade for the time being, but once the Drive Gauge runs out, the second one turns back into the Keychain.

Hope I helped with what your trying to say. I THINK thats what you were saying...

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
It's a theory in itself, since you usually get a keychain when you seal a world, and that the keyblade is used to release hearts

good point. but ya know it does seem like the keychains are memories, heres an example. Riku:Oblivion Kairi:eek:athkeeper Sora:Kingdom Key Donald:Starseeker Mulan:Hidden Dragon. see what i mean? its a good theory. but i still dont understand how who got what keyblade when and WHY!!!!!!!!??????:confused:

kiet100

hey coude sroa let some on borrow a keyblade like to gofoy to help in the fight or is it inpossialb ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back