• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does Sora own more than one keyblade? -Theory-

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moncus

Alright maybe i'm niave, but i first got into the kingdom hearts series a long ass time ago when the first game came out right? And to me, i remember always getting new forms of the keyblade, but i always assumed (Not sure where this came from, but it's how i always reasoned it.) that when he uses a different keyblade, he simply changed the keychain. (Like for oathkeeper, after Kairi gave Sora the lucky charm which appears at the end of the keyblade.) So alright.. Seems pretty solid, but then comes forms. You can equip two keyblades, so where does the other one come from?

Another thing i was wondering.. Even if he doesn't carry more then one keyblade, how do we know he puts the keychain on it to make it change form? Cause' you know, i thought that for Hercules keyblade from kingdom hearts 2, had the item that hercules had to get in order to get ridd of the curse of the underworld so they could fight hades. Well in the future even though we had the keyblade with the medallion-thing that gets ridd of the curse, you still cant fight hades. So i can assume that thats not actually the medallion, just an exact look-alike.

Another question i got coming up, i guess if the keyblade needs a keychain in order to take a form, what does it look like with no keychain added? Is it the kingdom key? Does the mickey mouse head keychain magically appear when in the absence of the others..?

I just wouldn't mind understanding a little better how a keyblade actually works. Maybe everyone else on this website knows besides me. Anyone wanna help me out?

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
I always thought of the key chains as a failed idea. I mean, in the first game they made a big deal out of the key chains transforming the Kingdom Key into something else. In the second one, they didn't make a big deal out of it at all.

So, I think that he doesn't necessarily have two keyblades, but instead has one that is changed by his memories. He remembers certain worlds/events and is able to wield a keyblade that resembles the memories.

That's how I see it anyways.

Moncus

I always thought of the key chains as a failed idea. I mean, in the first game they made a big deal out of the key chains transforming the Kingdom Key into something else. In the second one, they didn't make a big deal out of it at all.

So, I think that he doesn't necessarily have two keyblades, but instead has one that is changed by his memories. He remembers certain worlds/events and is able to wield a keyblade that resembles the memories.

That's how I see it anyways.

I'm not sure where you get the idea from.. But i think we have evidence enough that other characters do hand sora something when he's given a new keyblade... for instance.. When you receive Finrir from Tifa, she hands him something. Of course there really wasn't anything visable in her hand, but that doesn't prove that it was the small end of the chain. As far as i know, it's like Zelda, Link carries twice his size in equipment and you can see any of it. So reasoning won't say it, but i can say most* of the times Sora gets a keyblade, it's because someone handed him something*.

I do like to hear opinions on what they think though so thanks ^.^

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
I'm assuming they give him a trinket of some sort for thanks. Sora then remembers them later from that trinket, and voila. Keyblade transforms.

And yes, this is my theory per say.

Macabre

Gold Member
but wait,when sora drives,he gets two keyblades,and he dived before absorbing roxas.

Moncus

okay if you want opinions then here goes:
the second keyblade is roxas' keyblade and the keychains are either given to sora or its created ftom his memories got it

Hmm.. Never heard that one before but it's interesting. Thanks for posting your opinion ^.^

But you also gotta wonder, where does Roxas's keyblade come from?

avrenim075

I actually agree that in KH2 there may be more than 1

Kh1 put such an emphasis on there only being 1 keyblade, and how amazing it was. And it was definately the same keyblade being transformed by the keychain.

In KH2 however, it was different. First of all, they dont say "you received so-and-so keychain," they actually show the whole keyblade and say that you received it. When you first transform into Valor form, you GET star seeker, it isnt just the keyblade projected onto your other hand or something. Its a physical object. You cant equip star seeker to your main weapon until you have another keyblade to take its place in valor form, so its an actual separate object from the kingdom key. Not to mention mickey has it in the Final Mix + trailer.

The Roxas thing explains why he can weild 2 in KH2. In KH1 he wouldn't have been skilled enough to use 2, and by the time he would have, he had lost part of himself by creating roxas. Roxas, for some reason, could use 2 (maybe because he was really strong... idk) so when he reunited with Sora, he could use 2 also. But that doesn't explain where the 2nd one comes from.

I think they intentionally give you multiple keyblades in KH2 to start setting up for Birth by Sleep, in which theres TONS of keyblades.

mjihde

I've always thought it was one keyblade, with kingdom key being its default form. Then when Sora *uses* a keychain (which might not actually have a chain) the blade changes forms. The reason he cant use any object is because the item had to be of some value, (sentimental or maybe just "special"). As for Roxas having two, I think that Sora has his, but Roxas has his own. With the whole, nobody who's "real" self still exists, he somehow ended up having his own, and Sora's, possibly representing Sora's power/heart.

Xziled

this will not end well
Website
xziled.zoints.com
I've always thought it was one keyblade, with kingdom key being its default form. Then when Sora *uses* a keychain (which might not actually have a chain) the blade changes forms. The reason he cant use any object is because the item had to be of some value, (sentimental or maybe just "special"). As for Roxas having two, I think that Sora has his, but Roxas has his own. With the whole, nobody who's "real" self still exists, he somehow ended up having his own, and Sora's, possibly representing Sora's power/heart.

welcome to the forums and to summarize what this guy said roxas' kingdom key is a buplicate of soras

Akans

「moriya」
Hey! New theory!

For forms, you need a team member to help you right? So what if the keyblade is "borrowed" from that other teamate's heart? And even for Master or Wisdom, where you "borrow" more hearts than you use, you could use them to power your keyblade...
As for Roxas duel-wielding.... He's Sora, so he can use the Kingdom Key, and if you accept the theory that Ven's heart is inside Roxas..... then duel-wielding is explained

Akans

「moriya」
Keychain is memories? Right?
Dont think so. In KH1, the keyblade was summoned using the power of the wielder's heart. Personally, though, I think its a completely seperate entity, which draws upon the power of the wielder's heart.

blader94

i don't think the drives have anything to do with the story because they would have mentioned something by now.sora would have asked about it or yen sid or mickey would have told him.square-enix just made that up so that we would have a sweet way of sweetness to fight our enemys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back