• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does sora get his looks from ven?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I remember reading somewhere that sora resembles ven because of their hearts connecting at birth. Can someone clarify the relation of sora and ven for me?

Giratina

Didn't Ventus join Sora after he was born? If that was the case, I don't think that his looks came from Ventus; he looked pretty much the same as a child and as a teenager. Roxas, on the other hand, probably did get his appearance from Ventus.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Ven's heart did not have an influence on Sora's looks. He would have ended up looking the goofy way he does regardless of Ventus' heart within him. Kid Sora before having his heart connected with Ven's looked as you would expect a younger version of Sora to look. They do look similar, but alot of people look alike in this universe.

As for the relationship, Ventus' heart went to Sora after the events of BBS. This is similar to that of how Kairi's heart went into Sora during KH1.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Didn't Ventus join Sora after he was born? If that was the case, I don't think that his looks came from Ventus; he looked pretty much the same as a child and as a teenager. Roxas, on the other hand, probably did get his appearance from Ventus.

I think he became a part of sora after but I think their hearts were linked 4 years before bbs when sora was born

Ven's heart did not have an influence on Sora's looks. He would have ended up looking the goofy way he does regardless of Ventus' heart within him. Kid Sora before having his heart connected with Ven's looked as you would expect a younger version of Sora to look. They do look similar, but alot of people look alike in this universe.

As for the relationship, Ventus' heart went to Sora after the events of BBS. This is similar to that of how Kairi's heart went into Sora during KH1.

yeah that makes more sense, thankyou. did sora have anything to do with completing that blank station of awakening where the shirtless ven stood?

Last edited by a moderator:

Box_ghost

Yes, Sora's heart was born; not necessarily Sora himself. Combine this with the fact that someone else's heart will alter your appearance and that Aqua said that Sora look just like Ven; which happened 4 years after Ven and Sora connected hearts, it's blatantly obvious that he does. Also Nomura said that Roxas has Ven's face.

In game, Xemnas says to Sora that he looks just like Roxas. And then a few hours later, that he looks just like Sora, to Roxas.

Nomura has done everything to say that Ven's appearance shaped Sora's.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Yes, Sora's heart was born; not necessarily Sora himself. Combine this with the fact that someone else's heart will alter your appearance and that Aqua said that Sora look just like Ven; which happened 4 years after Ven and Sora connected hearts, it's blatantly obvious that he does. Also Nomura said that Roxas has Ven's face.

In game, Xemnas says to Sora that he looks just like Roxas. And then a few hours later, that he looks just like Sora, to Roxas.

Nomura has done everything to say that Ven's appearance shaped Sora's.

yeah I remember reading that from a nomura interview, and the examples from xemnas add to it

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
I was also wondering this, I've been quite confused on this.
I just finished palying ven's story like 20 min ago (I lag hehe)
And I was confused, how do u guys know its sora's heart he goes into (although I'm not saying its not sora's heart he goes into) all he says is "I remember now, it's your heart"...but did ventus even meet sora in bbs? I'm confused on that part as well.
But as for sora looking like ven, I heard that their hearts were connected before sora was born, thus sora looking like ven. So I think I'm gunna stay with that
But HOW were their hearts connected I was also wondering...but I also heard something about MX taking him to Deastiny Island and that's how their hearts got connected? I just don't git that part
Id appreciate if someone could clear this up for me as well :/

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ok, riku's artist7, I suppose you don't have played final episode yet, right?
If so, I won't spoil it, but you will see pretty clearly that it is Sora's heart that Ventus goes to and then politely aks if he can stay with him to endure the pain...;)

For the other thing, a little hint:
Remember the prologue of BBS, where MX carries a semi-conscious, comatose Ven as a kid in that white cloak to the Destiny Islands?
Ven has a dive to the heart there and lands on his broken awakening platform, indicating his injured heart due to MX cutting a part out of it when extracting Ven's darkness to give Vanitas a core for his heart.
The part that was cut out of Ven's heart can clearly be seen on that broken platform.
There Ventus is contacted by a just newborn heart which got distracted by the pain of him and followed the bright light right into his heart.
So now think about who that newborn heart is and you have your answer on the extremely close connection between Ventus and Sora.
This scene in the prologue where Ven lies on that palm tree at Destiny Islands takes place 4 years before BBS, where Ven is still a kid and MX's apprentice.
That night is also the night where Sora is born!

As for the looks, while the hair is different, the eyes and facial features are strikingly similar, which Aqua notices during her visit to Destiny Islands 4 years later.
As Sora's heart was just recently born when it met Ventus, it is quite much possible (and heavily hinted) that Sora's heart took quite some "impressions" from Ven's look with it and it influenced Sora's appearance to a degree.

Roxas is Ven's identical twin though, because he carried Ven's injured heart around while he was an independent entity.

ICECOOL113

hehe well I know Sora didn't get Ventus good looks! :3

Anyway I would always joke with my more KH fan friends that Sora and Ventus are like half-brothers with MX being the dad thus leading to similar faces or that Sora's Mom had a secret affair with a blonde guy and gave birth to Ventus but had to give him up and then married another brown haired guy and gave birth to Sora. XD

More seriously I think that because that Ventus and Sora were connected from the time Sora was born they look similar. I believe (or think because I'm open to change) that they met before Sora was even born and connected in a state of sub consciousness and thus Ventus gave Sora a similar face to his with Vantias having Sora's face from the darkness!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
hehe well I know Sora didn't get Ventus good looks! :3

Anyway I would always joke with my more KH fan friends that Sora and Ventus are like half-brothers with MX being the dad thus leading to similar faces or that Sora's Mom had a secret affair with a blonde guy and gave birth to Ventus but had to give him up and then married another brown haired guy and gave birth to Sora. XD

More seriously I think that because that Ventus and Sora were connected from the time Sora was born they look similar. I believe (or think because I'm open to change) that they met before Sora was even born and connected in a state of sub consciousness and thus Ventus gave Sora a similar face to his with Vantias having Sora's face from the darkness!

Well, I gave the explanation above...and Ventus and Sora in a sense are brothers...just not related by blood, but by heart.
Their hearts are as close connected as possible, even more close would only be a full fusion.

So, while maybe not entirely "official", one could call them "heart-brothers", lol.

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah I think Sephiroth basically answered this thread's question haha
Thank you :)
I'm kinda horrible at memorizing certain things in the game, I git confused easily :/
But final episode? how have I now heard of this >_>

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah I think Sephiroth basically answered this thread's question haha
Thank you :)
I'm kinda horrible at memorizing certain things in the game, I git confused easily :/
But final episode? how have I now heard of this >_>

No problem, always glad to help. ^__^
Huh?
Well, you need to finish all three character scenarios and collect all Xehanort Reports (that includes Xehanort's letter as well), then you will be prompted to make a new savefile for final episode, where you play with Aqua and the "true" ending of Birth By Sleep awaits.
When having met the criteria you will after final episode also get the secret movie Blank Points.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
-Day Sora is born, Ventus connects to him.
-Sora's appearance is slightly altered & Vanitas takes Sora's appearance
-4 Years Pass
-X-Blade breaks & Ventus takes refuge inside Sora's heart
-10 years pass
-Kairi's heart takes refuge inside Sora's
-Sora stabs himself
-Namine and Roxas are born
-Roxas, who Ven's heart takes refuge in, takes on Ven's fully appearance
-Namine takes on a appearance which looks like it borrowed from Kairi and slightly from Ven (hair)
-The End

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
No problem, always glad to help. ^__^
Huh?
Well, you need to finish all three character scenarios and collect all Xehanort Reports (that includes Xehanort's letter as well), then you will be prompted to make a new savefile for final episode, where you play with Aqua and the "true" ending of Birth By Sleep awaits.
When having met the criteria you will after final episode also get the secret movie Blank Points.

yeah, I've completed all of their stories and I have all the reports and his letter. So I just start a new game as aqua? Is that whut ur saying??

-Day Sora is born, Ventus connects to him.
-Sora's appearance is slightly altered & Vanitas takes Sora's appearance
-4 Years Pass
-X-Blade breaks & Ventus takes refuge inside Sora's heart
-10 years pass
-Kairi's heart takes refuge inside Sora's
-Sora stabs himself
-Namine and Roxas are born
-Roxas, who Ven's heart takes refuge in, takes on Ven's fully appearance
-Namine takes on a appearance which looks like it borrowed from Kairi and slightly from Ven (hair)
-The End
This is actually a really great nutshell explanation, thank you :)
Everything is so much clearer now haha

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
yeah, I've completed all of their stories and I have all the reports and his letter. So I just start a new game as aqua? Is that whut ur saying??

After you beat Aqua`s story with all the reports and the letter you should get the option to start the Final Episode where you battle Terra/Xehanort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back