• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does Santa counter the Christian values of Christmas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CK the Fat

I just watched a short blurb from a radio priest who brought up this arguement...

Basically, is it bad for parents to tell children Santa Clause exists because it is a lie and will mentally harm the child later in his life? And also, does Santa take away from the Christian values of Christmas, replacing Jesus with a fat man in a red suit?

Oh and don't forget Santa = Satan, just with 3 letters scrambled up :)

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
I thought Santa was the commercialized version of Christmas which is the one the majority of American people celebrate. Actually, I'm not even sure what the Christian version of Christmas is suppose to be.

Basically, is it bad for parents to tell children Santa Clause exists because it is a lie and will mentally harm the child later in his life?
Because the same doesn't apply to Yahweh?

CK the Fat

"Actually, I'm not even sure what the Christian version of Christmas is suppose to be."

Jesus in a manger, 3 wise men, one bright star, shepards, yadda yadda yadda.

CK the Fat

"lol....santa is a cheap way to get ppl to buy crap at christmas"

And yet without the secular aspect of Santa present-giving does not exist as part of Christmas. :)

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Santa represents the season of giving. Like when the Three Wise Man gave presents to baby Jesus. In a way, he represents that. It is just people would rather celebrate Christmas this way.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
I just watched a short blurb from a radio priest who brought up this arguement...

Basically, is it bad for parents to tell children Santa Clause exists because it is a lie and will mentally harm the child later in his life? And also, does Santa take away from the Christian values of Christmas, replacing Jesus with a fat man in a red suit?

Oh and don't forget Santa = Satan, just with 3 letters scrambled up :)

That means that Santana is probably associated with the devil as well, because his name contains the same letters just scrambled up.

Miniature Da Vinci code? Retarded.

No, even though I don't celebrate Christmas, I don't think telling kids about Santa is bad because "it will harm them later". Then you'd also have to ban bedtime stories with talking animals, magic tricks, etc.

Secondly, I see no Christian values in Christmas as it is right now, regardless of Santa. If you take away Santa Claus from all the christmas images, you'd still have a whole bunch of stuff that relates to Jesus in no way at all. Dec 25th, christmas trees, elves, etc. The only thing that's even remotely related to Jesus in Christmas, is the depiction of him being born in a shed amongst animals. Aside from that single exception, everything else is as un-biblical as can be. So I don't see how taking Santa away from the Christmas image would make any significant difference.

KingBlade

by sinspire^
Santa represents the season of giving. Like when the Three Wise Man gave presents to baby Jesus. In a way, he represents that. It is just people would rather celebrate Christmas this way.

I thought, it was about Saint Nicholas.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas

But, I do find Christmas more corrupted today, now than ever. All kids want is there presents and gifts for the end of the year and maybe they will remember it more about Jesus then them.

I remember like 2 weeks ago some girl in my Global Studies class, was counting down to Christmas and saying the the things she hopes to get. I really didn't care but, I rudely interrupted her reminding her it is more about Jesus than, presents.

She ignored me and rolled her eyes. Stupid freshmen.

But hey, if my parents showered me with gifts every year, I would be spoiled too, and not think of Jesus seeing how little material objects distract people from God.

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
You could argue that they're already lying to their children by telling them a guy called Jesus saved humanity.

Let the flames roll in. xD

But I don't think Santa is bad in anyway. The non-religious side of Christmas brings people together.

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
Yeah...lol

Some kid who was 6 stayed up in bed all night and waits for santa in the living room, then a robber comes out of now where and the little kid comes up to him, hugs him and says, " Hello Santa!"...Robber shoots him...

CK the Fat

Almost everyone will agree that Christmas as become too comercialized, too much about the dumb animated and clamation movies you'll see on Hallmark than about its original values.

But then, what are Christmas's original (secular) values in the first place?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Another year, another "IZ KRISSMAS RITE???" thread. Seriously, people, if you haven't realized that the day has become a cultural holiday in the United States yet, you should probably give up on life.

People complain about it not being Christian anymore. I ask who cares. When you get down to it, it's still about giving, loving, and all that good stuff that Jesus tried to tell everyone way back then minus the sticking it to the Romans stuff. Judging by his behavior, I'd wager a teacher like Jesus would rather his students remember his lessons, not some supposed divine lineage.

Of course there's a huge marketing blitz for Christmas. Exactly what do you expect from a holiday in which people present gifts to one another? That's just it, though; it's about giving. People will buy what they're loved ones want, because they care about them enough to find something they would appreciate. Christmas, despite your nitpickings, is far from "corrupt."

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Square and Silent Soldier hit it dead on in my opinion. I'm sure some others did, but together the two of them hit on everything I was thinking when I read the first post. XD

Then, to top it all off, Christmas in itself is not originally Christian at it's roots, and any educated christian knows Christ was not born on December 25th.

As for the holiday season, it matters not WHY we are gathered, it's the meaning behind the season, not the CAUSE. Be happy, be merry, celebrate whatever you want, at the end of the day they all pretty much amount to the same general message.

CK the Fat

I pretty much think that Santa is okay; if a kid believes in him past a reasonable age then you must have a pretty dimwitted kid. If you think telling a kid Santa will mess him up later, you'd better not mention the Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy either. And don't tell them any fairy tells either. And make sure they hear nothing to do with magic or Harry Potter, etc, etc.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
The days of the week came from pagans, and I don't see many people complaining about them, so why the big fuss about Christmas? Jesus wasn't even born in Winter, everybody knows that.

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
Yeah, but they moved the birth date so that people of other religions could assimilate more easily...meaning that Christians are also conquerors, and we don't beat them for that? For killing thousands of others, while we bash Christmas because the total bullshit media propaganda feeds us all sorts of "deals" and advertisements to make a bigger buck than another day of the year.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Yeah, but they moved the birth date so that people of other religions could assimilate more easily...meaning that Christians are also conquerors, and we don't beat them for that? For killing thousands of others, while we bash Christmas because the total bullshit media propaganda feeds us all sorts of "deals" and advertisements to make a bigger buck than another day of the year.

Assimilation=\=killing

...but yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back