• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does it seem to me or is Xehanort the best Disney villain?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah while the narrative of KH makes it seem like eventually all worlds will be one, I can't see that happening as long as Disney can't even allow Elsa to meet Rapunzel and see another world.

On the Topic of retelling vs Original i think the mix they had with KH1 was probably ideal, like they took elements form the original story but rejiggled it to have Sora and Co. more Involved.
For example Arial wanting to go to the surface, became Arial wanting to see other worlds making her and Sora more rentable to each other, Sora was also a part of Ursulas Manipulation of Arial.

Otherwise I prefer original sequel stuff, though that usually would come at the cost of not fitting the villain in.

Actually...the theory of a multiverse DOES seem plausible. 3 different Londons seem really possible now, due to it. It's been touched upon in DDD's Traverse Town & Toy Box, so it's not totally out of the question. Most likely

I didn't mean it in the sense of there being multiple versions of one world a la the newly introduced Timelines, but more as in each world is it's own dimension or universe.
However KH seems to have stayed intentionally vague as to what the other worlds are.

With the introduction of Toy Box and it not only having a glob, but also FF characters and Mickey Mouse as merch I have a hard time thinking of it all as anything but a type of Multiverse were things from one world might effect or echo into other worlds in some way or form.

Neo_

Awards
Xehanort is not a Disney villain lol; he's a KH villain.

A little off-topic, but am I the only one finds it weird that Clayton and the Queen of Hearts weren't part of Maleficent's council? Especially the Queen of Hearts: she's classic and could've replaced Ursula as Ursula had no right to be on land like that... I want to see behind the scenes. How did she get back? Did Hook just tow her back and throw her into the ocean, lmao?

I mean Hades & Hook are still alive and they know about the other worlds. Something could've been made done with them.
They ride around the world on a canoe, racing Maleficent and Pete for the box as comic relief (cause that's all Disney's place is in KH these days).

Hades is interesting because I feel after what happened in KH3, he may decide to move on from Hercules and change his target of hatred to Sora since he basically ruined the plan he was working on for years.
If Disney even allows them to do that lol.

You know, there's all this talk about "Disney allowing them to do stuff"... I'm surprised Disney even allowed them to make this series in the first place.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Xehanort is not a Disney villain lol; he's a KH villain.

A little off-topic, but am I the only one finds it weird that Clayton and the Queen of Hearts weren't part of Maleficent's council? Especially the Queen of Hearts: she's classic and could've replaced Ursula as Ursula had no right to be on land like that... I want to see behind the scenes. How did she get back? Did Hook just tow her back and throw her into the ocean, lmao?

They ride around the world on a canoe, racing Maleficent and Pete for the box as comic relief (cause that's all Disney's place is in KH these days).

If Disney even allows them to do that lol.

You know, there's all this talk about "Disney allowing them to do stuff"... I'm surprised Disney even allowed them to make this series in the first place.
Well Disney allowed them to make it before they were DISNEY mega conglomerate. It started development at the end of the Disney Renaissance, so I'm guessing Disney was looking for anything to keep momentum going. With the video game industry not being as big as it is today as well, I assume Disney didn't think much of KH1. The way Disney treated KH3 compared to any other KH game says a lot. For starters, Disney actually promoted it as if it were something important. Before they didn't really care, not even about KH2.

Basically, the "Disney allowed them to do stuff" is a recent thing. Before Disney didn't care (except for things regarding Mickey IE in KH1 his usage was very restricted) but now they do since they're a larger company and they're looking to milk every property possible.

Regarding The Queen of Hearts and Clayton:
I think Clayton was used to show us (the players) that regular people can become corrupt by the darkness (to foreshadow/explain what happens to Riku) and he was just a regular hunter with no extraordinary skills or link to a princess of heart, so he would be of no use to Maleficent.

The Queen of Hearts comes across as an idiot and very hard to work with, so I doubt Maleficent would have bothered. Even if she did, I'm sure the Queen of Hearts ignored and forgot all about Maleficent.

I think Ursula can teleport, so she probably used a corridor of darkness to transport herself from Atlantica to Hollow Bastion.

Neo_

Awards
Regarding The Queen of Hearts and Clayton:
I think Clayton was used to show us (the players) that regular people can become corrupt by the darkness (to foreshadow/explain what happens to Riku) and he was just a regular hunter with no extraordinary skills or link to a princess of heart, so he would be of no use to Maleficent.

The Queen of Hearts comes across as an idiot and very hard to work with, so I doubt Maleficent would have bothered. Even if she did, I'm sure the Queen of Hearts ignored and forgot all about Maleficent.
I wonder if that's how they decided on the order of the worlds as well.

disney233

Awards
..........you just explained Oogie Boogie and yet he was in the council.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
..........you just explained Oogie Boogie and yet he was in the council.
Oogie seems manageable and easily manipulated compared to the Queen of Hearts. Also, she doesn't seem to have any combat skills or any skills that can contribute while Oogie does. Also, Oogie was probably aware of other worlds, so that made it easier for him to work with Maleficent.

Back