• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does it seem to me or is Xehanort the best Disney villain?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
I don't care that I like Disney villains because they are charismatic and obligatory, most often their characters are one-sided and they are evil because they are evil. Therefore, contrary to many opinions, I like the character of Xehanort in KH3. As far as I know, in the English version, the real motivation of this character was translated somewhat wrong, but the moment where Xehanort and Eragus fly into the realm of hearts together is one of my favorite moments in the game. As well as the moments when these two play chess, as for me they show this character from the other side. And I hope Nomura will ever make a game about young Xehanort. Well, just despite the fact that the series divides a lot into black and white, I always liked such ambiguous DIZ characters or even RAX trios that seem to be on the good side, but still a bit on the “twilight side”.

disney233

Awards
I don't classify Xehanort as a DISNEY Villain unless he sang a damn good song. Comparing a complicated person like him to them is just one-sided on its own.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
What was the real motivation of Xehanort that was translated wrong?

As far as Disney villains go, I will always believe that Jafar is one of the best. I felt he should have played a larger role in Kingodom Hearts. He seemed like the only one in the group in KH1 that Maleficent took seriously. Although that could have been just because Jasmine was the only actual Princess of Heart.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I also wouldn't consider him a Disney Villain, even though he technically is one, being a character owned by Disney and all.
When it comes to Disney Villains, I think of the Animated movie Villains with a lot of stage presence and charisma, two things I find Xehanort kinda lacks.

While he is more complex (at least on paper) than most, I still prefer Ursula, Maleficent, Dr. Facilier and Jafar. When they're on screen they steal the show and they are just unapologetically themselves and that to me is captivating.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm pretty sure Nukara's talking about the part where the English translation seems to alter Xehanort wanting to reset the universe to a completely blank slate to one filled with only light. The English line being "An empty World, pure and bright..." whereas the Japanese line is (I believe) "An empty World, pure and white..."

disney233

Awards

As far as Disney villains go, I will always believe that Jafar is one of the best. I felt he should have played a larger role in Kingodom Hearts. He seemed like the only one in the group in KH1 that Maleficent took seriously. Although that could have been just because Jasmine was the only actual Princess of Heart.
Many villains should've played a larger role in Kingdom Hearts. I personally have a whole list between the ones that perished: Evil Queen, Lady Tramaine, Jafar & Scar, the ones still alive: Hades, Hook, & Randall, & the ones who were never even put in this game yet: Cruella, Dr. Facilier, Mim, Yzma, & Kaa. A handfull of them wouldn't be good bosses, but amidst this disgusting lack of world building, most COULD work.

I mean Hades & Hook are still alive and they know about the other worlds. Something could've been made done with them.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Many villains should've played a larger role in Kingdom Hearts. I personally have a whole list between the ones that perished: Evil Queen, Lady Tramaine, Jafar & Scar, the ones still alive: Hades, Hook, & Randall, & the ones who were never even put in this game yet: Cruella, Dr. Facilier, Mim, Yzma, & Kaa. A handfull of them wouldn't be good bosses, but amidst this disgusting lack of world building, most COULD work.

I mean Hades & Hook are still alive and they know about the other worlds. Something could've been made done with them.
I think they forgot about Hook because they didn't want two "pirate" worlds, so they favored POTC. Even though The Caribbean was an amazing world in KH3, I have been dying for Sora to revisit NeverLand WITH KAIRI. Maybe they'll do it in KH4?

Hades is interesting because I feel after what happened in KH3, he may decide to move on from Hercules and change his target of hatred to Sora since he basically ruined the plan he was working on for years.

disney233

Awards
I think they forgot about Hook because they didn't want two "pirate" worlds, so they favored POTC. Even though The Caribbean was an amazing world in KH3, I have been dying for Sora to revisit NeverLand WITH KAIRI. Maybe they'll do it in KH4?

Hades is interesting because I feel after what happened in KH3, he may decide to move on from Hercules and change his target of hatred to Sora since he basically ruined the plan he was working on for years.
HOOK AND HIS CREW ARE LITERALLY THE ONLY DAMN PIRATE ASPECT IN NEVERLAND A WORLD OF FAIRIES, MERMAIDS, AND TRIBALS! At this point we may as well forget HALF the renaissance Disney worlds because of how similar majority of them are to modern worlds. Am I the only one who FAVOR the idea of Sky Pirates? Hook did it ONCE in KH1 why can't we see more of those?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
HOOK AND HIS CREW ARE LITERALLY THE ONLY DAMN PIRATE ASPECT IN NEVERLAND A WORLD OF FAIRIES, MERMAIDS, AND TRIBALS! At this point we may as well forget HALF the renaissance Disney worlds because of how similar majority of them are to modern worlds. Am I the only one who FAVOR the idea of Sky Pirates? Hook did it ONCE in KH1 why can't we see more of those?
I mean if Hook is going to be the villain in NeverLand, then you're going to be involved with pirate stuff.

It isn't about forgetting old worlds, it's just that in KH there always has been (and rightfully so) a mixture of different environments in the worlds you travel to, so that each level isn't the same. I think BbS was the only one to feature castles and princesses back-to-back. Otherwise, there's always been a distinct choice in world selection. Imagine having Tarzan, Jungle Book, Little Mermaid, and Finding Nemo all in one game - the world designs would be repetitive.

disney233

Awards
I mean if Hook is going to be the villain in NeverLand, then you're going to be involved with pirate stuff.

It isn't about forgetting old worlds, it's just that in KH there always has been (and rightfully so) a mixture of different environments in the worlds you travel to, so that each level isn't the same. I think BbS was the only one to feature castles and princesses back-to-back. Otherwise, there's always been a distinct choice in world selection. Imagine having Tarzan, Jungle Book, Little Mermaid, and Finding Nemo all in one game - the world designs would be repetitive.

Now....bare with me, because this might sound crazy and stupid...but there are some worlds that personally don't HAVE to be seperate worlds. It's a stupid idea, but so long as we have worlds with the same enviornment as others, it'll never work. At the same time this very idea probably won't work either. It's just that feeling of there's Jungle Book....then there's Deep Jungle. If they coexist within each other then they'd probably be in far away distances. Almost makes as much sense as HAVING THREE DIFFERENT LONDONS.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Almost makes as much sense as HAVING THREE DIFFERENT LONDONS
Well there are small clues in a few worlds that hint that on a grander scale they consist of a whole earth, Deep Jungle, Toy Box and Monstropolis for example each depict a map or gloab portraying either a continent or a world map.

So we're probably dealing with a multiverse here even if it's never been explicitly call that in the games.

disney233

Awards
Well there are small clues in a few worlds that hint that on a grander scale they consist of a whole earth, Deep Jungle, Toy Box and Monstropolis for example each depict a map or gloab portraying either a continent or a world map.

So we're probably dealing with a multiverse here even if it's never been explicitly call that in the games.
Actually...the theory of a multiverse DOES seem plausible. 3 different Londons seem really possible now, due to it. It's been touched upon in DDD's Traverse Town & Toy Box, so it's not totally out of the question. Most likely KH4's teetering its way into touching that subject.

shit, I guess Maleficent isn't a Disney villain.
.............................Does this count? I mean she sang in it. I understand that I missed her...but this technically counts. BEFORE YA MENTION ANY OTHER DISNEY VILLAIN, I KNOW. I KNOW THEY NEVER GOT A SONG. It's just that....I can't compare guys like them to a guy like Xehanort.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Now....bare with me, because this might sound crazy and stupid...but there are some worlds that personally don't HAVE to be seperate worlds. It's a stupid idea, but so long as we have worlds with the same enviornment as others, it'll never work. At the same time this very idea probably won't work either. It's just that feeling of there's Jungle Book....then there's Deep Jungle. If they coexist within each other then they'd probably be in far away distances. Almost makes as much sense as HAVING THREE DIFFERENT LONDONS.
Since Disney explicitly does not want the Disney characters interacting (Aladdin in Olympus, Hercules in Atlantica etc), I doubt that they will ever allow something like Deep Jungle and The Jungle Book to be the same world with Tarzan and Mowgli or Atlantica with Nemo and Ariel.

All the worlds WERE connected and were one big planet, but then (I believe) a Keyblade War happened and that broke up the worlds. I think Xehanort was planning to reset everything, which would have also meant that the worlds would rejoin.

If they were were allowed to go that far and let other Disney characters interact and Nomura wanted to dump the Gummi Ship, Nomura could have the worlds united and have one huge world map. And places like London would have the Dalmatians, Peter Pan, and Jane; France can have Beast, Remy, and Twilight Town gang and so on. But I seriously doubt they will ever do that in KH.

disney233

Awards
Since Disney explicitly does not want the Disney characters interacting (Aladdin in Olympus, Hercules in Atlantica etc), I doubt that they will ever allow something like Deep Jungle and The Jungle Book to be the same world with Tarzan and Mowgli or Atlantica with Nemo and Ariel.

All the worlds WERE connected and were one big planet, but then (I believe) a Keyblade War happened and that broke up the worlds. I think Xehanort was planning to reset everything, which would have also meant that the worlds would rejoin.

If they were were allowed to go that far and let other Disney characters interact and Nomura wanted to dump the Gummi Ship, Nomura could have the worlds united and have one huge world map. And places like London would have the Dalmatians, Peter Pan, and Jane; France can have Beast, Remy, and Twilight Town gang and so on. But I seriously doubt they will ever do that in KH.
As much as I LOVE THAT idea....it's unfortunately the sad reality we live in. Because of this, we can only fear what DISNEY will do to any other worlds in the future. As much world building the Disney worlds need, and how most worlds should be one, it'll never happen and the Disney worlds will only suffer being shoddy retellings that serve nothing in the grander scheme of things. That...is the sad reality of Kingdom Hearts.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
As much as I LOVE THAT idea....it's unfortunately the sad reality we live in. Because of this, we can only fear what DISNEY will do to any other worlds in the future. As much world building the Disney worlds need, and how most worlds should be one, it'll never happen and the Disney worlds will only suffer being shoddy retellings that serve nothing in the grander scheme of things. That...is the sad reality of Kingdom Hearts.
I don't think they'll all be retellings. Olympus (sort of), Toy Box, Monstropolis, 100 Acre Wood, and San Fransokyo weren't retellings. The only retellings were Corona, Arendelle, and The Caribbean. I don't mind retellings once they are engaging and Sora actually feels a part of the plot (like Halloween Town in KH2).

disney233

Awards
I don't think they'll all be retellings. Olympus (sort of), Toy Box, Monstropolis, 100 Acre Wood, and San Fransokyo weren't retellings. The only retellings were Corona, Arendelle, and The Caribbean. I don't mind retellings once they are engaging and Sora actually feels a part of the plot (like Halloween Town in KH2).
Olympus technically is a retelling, if you think about it. Aside from that, that's the problem with most of the retellings. At least after 2. They haven't been engaging, (Still want to bash my damn head towards the stupidity that is Terra) nor are the characters usually integrated into said retelling. They're just there. That's usually the problem with worlds that retell their story. Except on the rare occasions that the retellings are actually done right, and the characters actually feel...interactive. (Space Paranoids & Beast's Castle, KH1's Agrabah(sorta))

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Olympus technically is a retelling, if you think about it. Aside from that, that's the problem with most of the retellings. At least after 2. They haven't been engaging, (Still want to bash my damn head towards the stupidity that is Terra) nor are the characters usually integrated into said retelling. They're just there. That's usually the problem with worlds that retell their story. Except on the rare occasions that the retellings are actually done right, and the characters actually feel...interactive. (Space Paranoids & Beast's Castle, KH1's Agrabah(sorta))
I never expect the Disney worlds to matter or be engaging in the side games. CoM basically proved that they're all just filler and that was a trend that followed. I didn't feel that way about any worlds in KH3 except for Arendelle. I mean there were missed opportunities in other worlds for Sora to be more involved and actually get to know the characters and world better, but KH3 wasn't that bad.

I feel like a big reason that there's less interactivity is because Nomura's view of visiting Disney worlds has changed. We perceive the game through the lens of Sora. In KH1, Nomura had this boy that never saw beyond his island, now visiting these fantastical worlds and meeting all these interesting characters. By KH3, Sora's perception changed -- he's done this before, he's seen some crazy things so nothing will really surprise him or interest him. I'm not saying that is how Sora actually is presented, but rather the way Nomura interpreted the world visits via Sora. There's no more need to be inquisitive over things because 1) Sora's "seen it all" and 2) the player has seen the movie.

That is my biggest fear for Disney worlds moving forward - the lack of genuine connection or interest by Sora. The Disney worlds in KH3 were well designed and fleshed out, very fun to explore; and even with NPCs around, it feels somewhat empty. I think Nomura took a good first step regarding the Disney worlds, like making them bigger and each having a different feel while playing, but he needs to take another step with introducing NPCs that will add more depth to the Disney world and the major plot. There could have been people in Port Royal saying stuff like "I heard tales of pirates using a special key to open any chest." Instead they're talking about pointless stuff that add nothing to the world's plot or the KH lore. I do admire how smart Nomura was with the NPC usage because one of the biggest issues in my mind is having heartless attack and NPCs around. Port Royal did it really well having the heartless underwater/far away from the town.

Back