• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does armor in BBS have secondary uses?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seighart

Awards
I've been playing through BBS again to get a better understanding of its story. During the final battle between TAV and MX, Vanitas, and Braig, we see them all activate their armor, which is primary use number 1.

I'm not entirely sure, but isn't the armor used to protect them from the darkness while they travel from world to world?

With that being said, it brings me to my next point: Terra vs MX.

After the first battle against MX, he seems pretty calm, thinking he's defeated Xehanort. Xehanort then begins the process of transferring his heart. The part that gets me is that Terra looked completely calm, no anger, no fear. As if on cue, he instinctively activates his armor. Now I may be over thinking it, but don't you think there would be some sort of fear in your heart if this was going to happen. Terra acted as if he knew how to counter this. We know the events that follow, MX gains control but is encountered by the armor itself., stating his confusion as to why his mind resists. Is this a plot point we haven't seen explored yet? The mind, or will taking "firm"?

The armors secondary purpose : Protect those important to you? Seems farfetched, but look at Aquas way of using her Armor to protect Terra. Look at Vens way of protecting Sora. With a strong will, can these people possibly use the armor as a weapon?

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Re: Does armor in Kbbs have secondary uses?

Well it's confirmed in the story that the suits protect the wearer from the darkness in the passage between worlds, but perhaps that was just a specific situation given to display the suits' abilities.

I think the suits just offer protection period, just like any other armor and that terra believed wearing his armor at the time would be enough to stop MX's plan. Also, didn't Terra fail to completely don the armor on time, allowing an opportunity for MX to penetrate the armor? Maybe if he'd been quicker the suit WOULD have saved him

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The armor has only really been shown to protect the wearer from darkness. I don't think using the armor to "protect those important to you" is one of its functions per se, it's more like a perk resulting from what armor is by definition. Remember in BbS's secret ending when Terra and Ven's Keyblades came to save Aqua from the horde of Dark Sides? Most wielders use their Keyblades to fend off darkness and protect their friends as a result. Earthshaker and Wayward Wind were acting in a non conventional way but still serving the same basic function. They were protecting Aqua while accomplishing their primary function of defeating the darkness. I think the armor can be used in the same way. It's primary function is to protect its wearer but it can be be used to protect someone else but that's more stemming from the wearer's will than a built in function.

I'm not sure how much stock you can put in how Terra looked because facial expressions tend to be wonky in KH. Rewatch the scene where MX is destroying LoD in front of Terra, Terra has a very late reaction, lol.

Samhain

Bronze Member
The armor has only really been shown to protect the wearer from darkness. I don't think using the armor to "protect those important to you" is one of its functions per se, it's more like a perk resulting from what armor is by definition. Remember in BbS's secret ending when Terra and Ven's Keyblades came to save Aqua from the horde of Dark Sides? Most wielders use their Keyblades to fend off darkness and protect their friends as a result. Earthshaker and Wayward Wind were acting in a non conventional way but still serving the same basic function. They were protecting Aqua while accomplishing their primary function of defeating the darkness. I think the armor can be used in the same way. It's primary function is to protect its wearer but it can be be used to protect someone else but that's more stemming from the wearer's will than a built in function.

I'm not sure how much stock you can put in how Terra looked because facial expressions tend to be wonky in KH. Rewatch the scene where MX is destroying LoD in front of Terra, Terra has a very late reaction, lol.

Terra IS a dumb ass

25 characters says wut

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^Terra may have been fully unequipped with the knowledge that you and I have about how people are lured and manipulated, but that doesn't directly make him a dumbass; just eraqus an unideal teacher.

Ruran

Awards
^Terra may have been fully unequipped with the knowledge that you and I have about how people are lured and manipulated, but that doesn't directly make him a dumbass; just eraqus an unideal teacher.

Yeeaaaah pretty much. Generally speaking on Terra's intelligence (or lack of) as much flack as he gets he simply doesn't have the same insight the audience would. And all things considering ME was an incompetent teacher as far as development of character (human development) goes.

Although that scene with Terra and MX at LoD was still kind of derpy but that was more for the audience's benefit because of the camera angles.

Seighart

Awards
Yeeaaaah pretty much. Generally speaking on Terra's intelligence (or lack of) as much flack as he gets he simply doesn't have the same insight the audience would. And all things considering ME was an incompetent teacher as far as development of character (human development) goes.

Although that scene with Terra and MX at LoD was still kind of derpy but that was more for the audience's benefit because of the camera angles.

When I watch the scene, Terra had a poker face when he saw the heart coming. Seems to me like he was thinking "Now would be the time to put on armor dur".

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I know I brought it up earlier in some other thread but yes, armor definitely offers a slight layer of protection. Nothing impervious to some things (besides darkness) but the armor definitely protects them from physical and magical damage slightly. The example I used was when Ven got frozen by MX in the final battle. Without his armor to protect him, that could have turned out much worse than it did (with only a broken keyblade and a shattered helmet).

Changer

I know I brought it up earlier in some other thread but yes, armor definitely offers a slight layer of protection. Nothing impervious to some things (besides darkness) but the armor definitely protects them from physical and magical damage slightly. The example I used was when Ven got frozen by MX in the final battle. Without his armor to protect him, that could have turned out much worse than it did (with only a broken keyblade and a shattered helmet).
It would have been nice if this was reflected in game by a slight defense boost, plus additional resistance to darkness damage.

kupo1121

Awards
It would have been nice if this was reflected in game by a slight defense boost, plus additional resistance to darkness damage.

I agree, but the only time they really used the armor in battle was Mirage Arena (which was only so that the players could easily tell each other apart) and the final battle mainly. It would have been cool if you could have equipped it to increase your defense and dark resistance, but at the cost of being slower overall and maybe having a slightly longer cooldown time on some attacks.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
When I watch the scene, Terra had a poker face when he saw the heart coming. Seems to me like he was thinking "Now would be the time to put on armor dur".
Agreed but wrong scene. In Land of Departure, the scene between xehanort and Terra(or at least the first one)was a little derpy.

Last edited:

MSGrand550

I'd assume they'll expand upon its purposes because if Riku's a keyblade master and Sora will become one/is one, then it'll probably be a part of the gameplay this time around.... I think it would be pretty cool to see Sora and Riku in Keyblade Armor.

kupo1121

Awards
I'd assume they'll expand upon its purposes because if Riku's a keyblade master and Sora will become one/is one, then it'll probably be a part of the gameplay this time around.... I think it would be pretty cool to see Sora and Riku in Keyblade Armor.

I don't think the armor is meant to only for masters, because then Ventus and Terra should never have gotten them. The armor really served its purpose for TAV, as a way to protect them from darkness in the Lanes Between. I like that that is their gimmick for getting around (as opposed to Sora's gummi ship and Riku's Corridors of Darkness) so I don't think everyone really needs it, but that's just my opinion.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't think the armor is meant to only for masters, because then Ventus and Terra should never have gotten them. The armor really served its purpose for TAV, as a way to protect them from darkness in the Lanes Between. I like that that is their gimmick for getting around (as opposed to Sora's gummi ship and Riku's Corridors of Darkness) so I don't think everyone really needs it, but that's just my opinion.

Agreed, if the armor was masters only terra and ven wouldn't have had them. I'd really rather the armor stay exclusive to TAV as well when sora and riku already have their own way of traveling.
Last thing we need is for sora to get everybody's gimmicks and end up the Ichigo of his series.

Ruran

Awards

Agreed, if the armor was masters only terra and ven wouldn't have had them. I'd really rather the armor stay exclusive to TAV as well when sora and riku already have their own way of traveling.
Last thing we need is for sora to get everybody's gimmicks and end up the Ichigo of his series.

Pretty much, armor was never shown to be exclusive to masters, it's more of an LoD thing. Which I like. On top of how Sora shouldn't get everyone else's toys and tricks the armor shows that LoD has its own "culture" so to speak as it seems that armor has been traditional to LoD residents for a long time.

I know that many people really like the idea of Sora (and co.) getting armor but it wouldn't sit right with me if he or anyone else (who wasn't a student at LoD) did.

Seighart

Awards
Pretty much, armor was never shown to be exclusive to masters, it's more of an LoD thing. Which I like. On top of how Sora shouldn't get everyone else's toys and tricks the armor shows that LoD has its own "culture" so to speak as it seems that armor has been traditional to LoD residents for a long time.

I know that many people really like the idea of Sora (and co.) getting armor but it wouldn't sit right with me if he or anyone else (who wasn't a student at LoD) did.

Well not to seem nitpickie, but how would you explain Xemnas in KH2 when he's in the chair?

Ruran

Awards
Well not to seem nitpickie, but how would you explain Xemnas in KH2 when he's in the chair?

He's a Xehanort (and Terra-ish)?

Considering the weird space the armor was probably a manifestation.

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Re: Does armor in Kbbs have secondary uses?

Well it's confirmed in the story that the suits protect the wearer from the darkness in the passage between worlds, but perhaps that was just a specific situation given to display the suits' abilities.

I think the suits just offer protection period, just like any other armor and that terra believed wearing his armor at the time would be enough to stop MX's plan. Also, didn't Terra fail to completely don the armor on time, allowing an opportunity for MX to penetrate the armor? Maybe if he'd been quicker the suit WOULD have saved him
Honestly he should have never taken it off before facing Master xhanort lord of darkness

AIAwesome

Awards
If the armor were to give the wearer protection in general besides the darkness, then Ven's armor did a good job protecting him when MX froze it and then smashed it. Haha I'm just putting this out there, nothing serious, just a witty comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back