• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does armor in BBS have secondary uses?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
If the armor were to give the wearer protection in general besides the darkness, then Ven's armor did a good job protecting him when MX froze it and then smashed it. Haha I'm just putting this out there, nothing serious, just a witty comment.

No, I agree with this. In fact, I've stated this quite a few times that I think the armor does give a slight higher level of protection. I'm not sure by how much so if it is only a little, IDK if SRK needs it, I mean, MX fought just fine without it, and up to this point in time, Sora and Riku have never needed it (same goes for Mickey), so I don't we need a change now.

Gram

Banned
Awards
No, I agree with this. In fact, I've stated this quite a few times that I think the armor does give a slight higher level of protection. I'm not sure by how much so if it is only a little, IDK if SRK needs it, I mean, MX fought just fine without it, and up to this point in time, Sora and Riku have never needed it (same goes for Mickey), so I don't we need a change now.

Agreed while it does offer a slight increase it's main purpose IS for traveling between worlds and since Sora, Riku and Mickey haven't needed them for either case thus far I dont see a reason or need for them to have them.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I never thought the armor was a master thing nor was it a Land of Departure thing. I always saw it as that was something all keyblade wielders should have if they receive the proper training. After all, transforming the keyblades into vehicles is something to do with the keyblade itself. That's not something Eraqus could have invented, that is something build within the keyblades themselves. And I always figured the armor was connected to the keyblades, but maybe that's just me.

Also, am I the only one who thinks it is odd that a little over a year ago, everyone was all like "Yeah, give Sora armor, it'd be cool!" and now people are going "Nah, that'd be lame, then he'd just be ripping off of TAV."

Boy, the Kingdom Hearts fanbase is SOOOO changeable!
497025_original.jpg

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I never thought the armor was a master thing nor was it a Land of Departure thing. I always saw it as that was something all keyblade wielders should have if they receive the proper training. After all, transforming the keyblades into vehicles is something to do with the keyblade itself. That's not something Eraqus could have invented, that is something build within the keyblades themselves. And I always figured the armor was connected to the keyblades, but maybe that's just me.

Also, am I the only one who thinks it is odd that a little over a year ago, everyone was all like "Yeah, give Sora armor, it'd be cool!" and now people are going "Nah, that'd be lame, then he'd just be ripping off of TAV."

497025_original.jpg

I agree. I see armor not as something exclusive to LOD and the keyblade wielders who come from that world, but as something given to a fully trained keyblade wielder. thats why im fine with the keyblade wielders outside of TAV having armor

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Agreed as well, MX needed Ven alive for his plans, so he probably wouldn't have used an attack as hard as the one he did if the armor would not have at least partly protected Ven. Considering the usual bonus stats from KH equipment, I'd say the armor probably gives somewhere between +2 to +4 to the defense stat.

Indeed, wanting to give Sora armor is just "he's the protagonist and therefore should get everything"-mentality anyways.

497025_original.jpg

Oh yeah? How do you explain Mickey then? Not only did he receive "proper" training, he's also one of the oldest active Masters since Eraqus and Aqua were lost.
We also have yet to see other people transforming their Keyblades, last time I checked Mickey also can't do that so it's certainly not something all Keyblade Wielders are obligated to have.

I'm not sure where you looked, but it was certainly not "everyone" who was hyper for Sora getting armor, as with so many issues in this fanbase, they are also highly divided on this one. Maybe the pro-armor proponents were a bit louder a year ago, but then again, we had a plethora of different people active in 2012 who either aren't active that much anymore or it pertains to the fact that right now we had a not so small influx of new members.
Then again, opinions can change so it's entirely possible that several people may have changed stance.

Of course I can't speak for anyone but myself, but my personal stance on it so far did not change. Giving Sora (or Riku and Kairi for that matter) armor does not serve a point except fanservice and, indeed, taking away from the uniqueness of the BBS-crew.
What' next? Giving Roxas and Terra Drive Forms? Let Ventus dual-wield?

Seighart

Awards
Agreed as well, MX needed Ven alive for his plans, so he probably wouldn't have used an attack as hard as the one he did if the armor would not have at least partly protected Ven. Considering the usual bonus stats from KH equipment, I'd say the armor probably gives somewhere between +2 to +4 to the defense stat.

Indeed, wanting to give Sora armor is just "he's the protagonist and therefore should get everything"-mentality anyways.

Oh yeah? How do you explain Mickey then? Not only did he receive "proper" training, he's also one of the oldest active Masters since Eraqus and Aqua were lost.
We also have yet to see other people transforming their Keyblades, last time I checked Mickey also can't do that so it's certainly not something all Keyblade Wielders are obligated to have.

I'm not sure where you looked, but it was certainly not "everyone" who was hyper for Sora getting armor, as with so many issues in this fanbase, they are also highly divided on this one. Maybe the pro-armor proponents were a bit louder a year ago, but then again, we had a plethora of different people active in 2012 who either aren't active that much anymore or it pertains to the fact that right now we had a not so small influx of new members.
Then again, opinions can change so it's entirely possible that several people may have changed stance.

Of course I can't speak for anyone but myself, but my personal stance on it so far did not change. Giving Sora (or Riku and Kairi for that matter) armor does not serve a point except fanservice and, indeed, taking away from the uniqueness of the BBS-crew.
What' next? Giving Roxas and Terra Drive Forms? Let Ventus dual-wield?

You speak as if things aren't possible in the series. It's not that Mickey "can't" transform it, it just hasn't been shown that he can or cannot. Simply saying he can't without justification is silly. With that logic, you could say anyone else that can cast Stopza would take away from Mickeys.....uniqeness. Need I remind you that there was a Keyblade War, one which im sure most if not all those that participated has armor on. Come on, it's war. As far as taking away what was unique to them? Their whole story in BBS defines them and makes them more unique, not silly armor.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You speak as if things aren't possible in the series. It's not that Mickey "can't" transform it, it just hasn't been shown that he can or cannot. Simply saying he can't without justification is silly. With that logic, you could say anyone else that can cast Stopza would take away from Mickeys.....uniqeness. Need I remind you that there was a Keyblade War, one which im sure most if not all those that participated has armor on. Come on, it's war. As far as taking away what was unique to them? Their whole story in BBS defines them and makes them more unique, not silly armor.

I admit the wording may be a bit off, as it can go either way. The point still stands though that we have by now seen Mickey often in battle and he never transforms his Keyblade nor dons he any armor. It can be that he simply chooses not to use it, or it can be that he cannot use it at all or doesn't need to use it.

Transforming your Keyblade and "Stopza" cannot really be compared that easily though, as "Stopza" is not an unique spell or personal special/limit attack but a normal (although rarely learnt) fourth tier spell. Transforming your Keyblade into a Rocket Launcher, as for example Terra's Ultima Cannon, IS a personal special attack. If we remain with Mickey, what can be counted as his "special attack" so far is Burst of Faith, which he can use together with a companion, as we have seen him use it together with Riku, Aqua and Ven. So, if another character could suddenly use "Burst of Faith" that would be indeed partly take away from Mickey's uniqueness, or if that is the wrong word to use here, from his distinctiveness. Not in personality or character itself, mind you, but in terms of battle behaviour and abilities.
If every character can do everything all the other characters can, or more precise, if Sora can do everything the others can, characters become superfluous and boring to use.

What about the Keyblade War? It doesn't really matter who used armor back then and who not. That was tens of thousands of years ago.

Again, I wasn't referring to their personality or character with "uniqueness", but to their entire equipment, abilities and "gimmicks" if you want to call it that. Just because Sora is the protagonist doesn't mean that he should get every gimmick available that other characters have. I wasn't already too keen back in 2005 on the fact that he gained dual-wielding, that should have remained an ability unique to Roxas only.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
if they could give a good plot necessary reason for sora and the other keyblade wielders outside TAV to wear armor, then i'd be totally fine with with it. i agree that having them wear armor for fanservice would be stupid

kupo1121

Awards

There are still a bunch of people who want TAV in armor. I just think that those who are so pro-armor have either not logged on or have gone to other sites where the same opinion is shared. I have never wanted SRK in armor because, even if they'd look cool, I would miss the zippers, belts, and straps :(

if they could give a good plot necessary reason for sora and the other keyblade wielders outside TAV to wear armor, then i'd be totally fine with with it. i agree that having them wear armor for fanservice would be stupid

I definitely agree. I don't mind anything being added to KH as long as it isn't pure fanservice and is plot-relevant, this is one of my biggest irks with SoKai (which I have changed my mind on, originally I was pro-SoKai but over the years I have become against it...so opinion can change).

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I wouldn't mind SRK, having armor, so long as the appearance is unique the way Aqua's was. Terra and Ven had somewhat similar designs there.

Bt it really should have a story reason. I mean, why travel the lanes between when the gummi ship (possibly, based on BbS timeline)takes as much time and is readily available?

And how effective against xehanort's darkness would it be? Ven's armor may have protected sora effectively but it was still corrupted.

And finally, how would Soras hair fit into all that?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What if yen sid gives sora and riku armor for gameplay reasons like the drive forms back in kh2? during gameplay the armor would give both of them special abilities temporarily. as for plot reasons, im still thinking of a good one.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What if yen sid gives sora and riku armor for gameplay reasons like the drive forms back in kh2? during gameplay the armor would give both of them special abilities temporarily. as for plot reasons, im still thinking of a good one.

Would honestly rather it be for plot reasons with a gameplay bonus rather than the other way around.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Would honestly rather it be for plot reasons with a gameplay bonus rather than the other way around.

gotcha. i'll continue to try and come up with a good reason for SRK and possibly other wielders to wear armor

Gram

Banned
Awards

Do we even know if Yen sid uses or has the armor to give out though? seeing as how Mickey uses a 'star shard' (proto-gummi basically) in bbs which he "borrowed" from yen sid, it would seem that Yen Sid's form of transportation was star shards rather than relying on armor.
Just cause Eraqus had the armor and taught it to TAV as a method of travel doesn't mean Yen Sid does as well. Of course that dont mean he didn't have in originally but you can see how it'd go either way. =3

kupo1121

Awards

Since I doubt there will be much gameplay in the Lanes Between, I'd be much more content with Sora and Riku just getting style changes like in BbS or drive forms again like in KH2 for gameplay in worlds than be given armor for it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Personally I'd take drive forms, or a drive form-style mix, over styles again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back