• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Does anyone know a good website for transliteraing text?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm writing an ST fanfic, and I need the transliteration of Chekov's Russian words.

But here's the thing: It needs to look like english text.

(Example: "Nyet! Nyet! Nyet!" (No! No! No!))

The Russian text needs to be readable in the way shown in the Italic Russian text shown above.

So, I need a translator into Russian text, and a transliterator into English-like Russian text.

Can anyone help?

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Due to the way, well, language works, I doubt you'll find a translator. Translators are good for the occasional word, but if you were to try a sentence, it would come out choppy and not make much sense.

See, translators translate words, which simply isn't enough. You have to follow that language's grammatical words too.

In Japanese, in order for a verb to affect an object you wouldn't say "I played with a ball" you would say "I ball played with." Or "私わばっろをしんで います."

Too long? In short, go ask someone you know, or find someone who knows, Russian. Possibly post whatever you want translated incase someone on KHI knows the language.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Due to the way, well, language works, I doubt you'll find a translator. Translators are good for the occasional word, but if you were to try a sentence, it would come out choppy and not make much sense.

See, translators translate words, which simply isn't enough. You have to follow that language's grammatical words too.

In Japanese, in order for a verb to affect an object you wouldn't say "I played with a ball" you would say "I ball played with." Or "私わばっろをしんで います."

Too long? In short, go ask someone you know, or find someone who knows, Russian. Possibly post whatever you want translated incase someone on KHI knows the language.

Well...For translators, I can find any decent site....I'm referring to transliteration.

That's basically when you translate a foreign text into readable words, like I posted in my example.

Translation and Transliteration are two different things.

Like in my original example, no is Nyet in Transliterated Russian text. That's what I'm looking for. Readable Russian words. I'd use a diagram or language graph/list for it, but it would be time-consuming and confusing.

What I'm aiming for is to translate English Text into Russian Text VIA Translator, (which I can do with a basic Translator, such as Babelfish or Google Translate) then translate the Russian text into readable transliterlated words, like "Nyet" above, with a Transliteration Tool.

That's my problem. I need a Transliteration site, not a Translator.

I tried a few, but when I pasted the Russian Text, I got the same thing back.

I know I've found a site for this bfore, but I can't remember the URL no matter how hard I try.

And I don't know anybody on the KHI or in RL that can translate the text.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back