• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone else think haley osment's acting wan't as good in KH1?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadenik

I thought haley joel osment was very good as sora in KH2, but for some reason, I feel he wasn't as good in KH1. Does anyone else feel this way?

bladed asassin

um... i feel the opposite...i think he did great in kh1 but i think he should of done better in kh2..i mean i like him and i think he fits sora perfect but he needs to step it up.

Khaston

I think he was alright in both.

Honestly, at times he can be bad, but I wouldn't want anyone else.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Well now he's 18 right, and this time last year when KH2 was out he was either 16 or 17.
When Haley did Sora in KH1 he was like what 12. Well in both games he didn't sound like he should. In KH1 he sounded like a scared 12 year old, or something. In KH2 he sounded like a Junior in High School or something. So he really wasn't that good to be acting as a fifteen year old.

His acting wasn't that bad in both games it's just age wise when he did both he didn't sound like he fit that image of sora.

The Merovingian

hm. your thread title and post seem to be the opposite of your views?
you say it wasnt as good as kh1 meaning you feel it was better in kh1.
then you say it wasnt good in kh1?

Angel's Prayer

Bronze Member
Bascule -Heaven there is not even up to the sky-
I think the voice acting in kh1 was pretty Apt. Sora DOES look like a kid, after all, and his views of the world are a bit immature (what do you expect from Disney?) So it would make sense that the voice fits his image.

KH2 on the other hand had its moments. Sora was only out of commission for about a year, and he returns as to the franchise with a completely different image altogether. Sora sounds more mature, and looks the part ( a darker take on the original suit) But there are some points when his acting gets really dull and emotionless, particularly when he calls out to his buddies. It's like Haley doesn't know how to Need friends or something...

mongoose300

I thought that his voice was better in kh2. In 1 it sounded too childish but i got used to it. Then in 2 it fit better and at first i was shocked by the contrast but got used to it later in the game.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
I actually thought he did much better in KH1. It was more convincing. Sure in the KH2 fights, it was good but the scenes were very bad. I cant blame Osment, because all KH2 voiced scenes were dull and dragged. It was the script.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Re: Does anyone else think haley osment's acting wasn't as good in KH1?

I thought haley joel osment was very good as sora in KH2, but for some reason, I feel he wasn't as good in KH1. Does anyone else feel this way?

read your title and read your post. they're the opposite views. What are you sayin?
i think you mean you liked kh2 right? and not good in kh1?
yeah i agree.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Honestly, I thought he acted dumb in some moments, (that's the writer's fault) in most of the scenes it's like his common sense never existed ex: Goofy was the only one who realized Mulan was a girl ;_; come on Sora. But his voice acting didn't seem to fit in KH2.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yeah in KH1 they had an all-star cast. Then moving over to KH2 that all-star cast was no where to be seen except for in a few people. Koji even in the fights it didn't seem like he was ready to do anything.
Then the worst part of KH2 came where Sora was excited to see Riku. I was shocked and faint when I heard what he said cause it made me angry.

mongoose300

Yeah in KH1 they had an all-star cast. Then moving over to KH2 that all-star cast was no where to be seen except for in a few people. Koji even in the fights it didn't seem like he was ready to do anything.
Then the worst part of KH2 came where Sora was excited to see Riku. I was shocked and faint when I heard what he said cause it made me angry.

I think that in both the casts were excellent (especially for diz, ansem in kh1, and a few others). But in kh2 there were some pretty bad one (especially aerith and i didnt like cid's voice much either). Overall both of them were great though.

And what sora said to riku wasnt that bad (well i havent heard it in a long time so i could be wrong on this). I really need to watch all of the cutscenes again...

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

What made you angry about what he said?

Cids Spear

Voices, eh?

This sounds like a very good arguement.

Well, heres my two cents on the acting in general:

Sora- Sounded a lot better in KH1. Sounded great for age. His voice was full of emotion more. In KH2, not only did he sound a little TOO old, he sounded almost the way I talk. (I have Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism, yet not severe enough to make me retarded. (Almost.) I'm just socially awkward.) Sounded way off.

Riku- Probably has the best multi-game voice in the series. Sounds the same throughout and matches his cocky attitude. Sounds his age.

Aerith- Well, Aerith sounded at least normal in KH 1. In KH2 and onward, she sounded AWFUL!!! A GameFAQS poster said she "sounded like a ghost." which pretty much sums it up. Almost no emotion.

Leon- Remember his KH1 voice. Had that rough, yet calm attitude about him. I know his KH2 voice is different, but don't seem to recall much.

Yuffie- Had different voice actors, yet she retained her cheery and upbeat attitude in both games. I personally liked her KH1 voice better, but KH2 is fine.

Cloud- Really liked his voice. It matched his mysterious, un-revealing attitude well. Really glad he had the same actor throughout.

Sephiroth- None of the English actors can match him. I don't count KH1, since it's a boss fight. Yet his KH2, while very calm, which is how I imagine Sephiroth, sounds a little too old. The Japanse voice is perfect since it flows more in speech.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Riku- Probably has the best multi-game voice in the series. Sounds the same throughout and matches his cocky attitude. Sounds his age.
Yep, David stole the show. His voice is very original, and easily identified.

Aerith- Well, Aerith sounded at least normal in KH 1. In KH2 and onward, she sounded AWFUL!!! A GameFAQS poster said she "sounded like a ghost." which pretty much sums it up. Almost no emotion.
Lmao, like a ghost? You just hit the nail on the head. She was trying way too hard.

Cloud- Really liked his voice. It matched his mysterious, un-revealing attitude well. Really glad he had the same actor throughout.
Cloud's KH1 voice was disappointing, but Steve redeemed himself in KH2. Infact, I think he's now one of the best voice actors in gaming history IMO.

Sephiroth- None of the English actors can match him. I don't count KH1, since it's a boss fight. Yet his KH2, while very calm, which is how I imagine Sephiroth, sounds a little too old. The Japanse voice is perfect since it flows more in speech.
I liked the KH1 English Sephiroth, because that's what I expected him to sound like.

But if you dont count how good the voice acting is, and rather what is said, then KH2 sucked. It's the script writer's problem (except in Mena Suvari's case).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back