• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone else remember... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Does anyone else remember the days when DLC wasn't DLC, but was actually something you could unlock in the game for free, almost like a prize, technically we can still do that with, like Kingdom Hearts games, it just seems like game developers are just using this tactic for a quick buck, what are your thoughts?

Joelcrf

Awards
Yeah, just like with Final Fantasy 15 I'm guessing DLCs are a new way for extra money, but in exchange you do get more to the story. I really hope it doesn't happen for Kingdom Hearts 4 though when it gets released but I feel it might happen too.

LoneFox

Awards
What you are talking about? Separately sold add-ons and mission packs have been a thing since the mid-90s at least. For example, most of the classic FPS games have at least one. Of course, back then they came on a CD rather than as a download, but the concept is the same.

vaderskywalker

Awards
What you are talking about? Separately sold add-ons and mission packs have been a thing since the mid-90s at least. For example, most of the classic FPS games have at least one. Of course, back then they came on a CD rather than as a download, but the concept is the same.
I'm talking about stuff like for example in Batman begins, the game, on ps2 you could unlock extra stuff like costumes just by beating the game, or other games where you could find a cool weapon hidden in a level, things like that, it just seems like that is becoming a dying breed, like Spider-man ps4 is the only one that still does this sort of thing, but it's like a mixed bag, you get costumes and upgrades as unlocks, but you also get costumes as DLC, both paid and free. (And yes, I know about story stuff but this about the stuff that doesn't affect the story)

Last edited:
Back