• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does Anyone Else Find this Stupid?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
3D seems to imply that the entire Xehanort saga was initiated due to a time paradox. Ansem SOD had to travel back to convince YMX to travel to other worlds, and YMX had to travel for Ansem SOD to eventually exist.

I have to give some of you guys credit. People said bringing time travel into the series was stupid, and it definitely seems like it now.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Square is really into time traveling and monster taming right now. Sprinkle a little inception and you have kh3d

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
It's not as bad as it could have been honestly, it could have been done in a million worse ways, but Nomura did a pretty decent job. MX didn't do anything over extravagant with his time travel powers other than make sure he fell to darkness apparently, met up with Ven in the past *right?*, and annoy the hell out of Riku by restarting their battle over and over.

So no, I don't think it's stupid. I feel it's just fine and not too far out of the box for KH.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
3D seems to imply that the entire Xehanort saga was initiated due to a time paradox. Ansem SOD had to travel back to convince YMX to travel to other worlds, and YMX had to travel for Ansem SOD to eventually exist.

I have to give some of you guys credit. People said bringing time travel into the series was stupid, and it definitely seems like it now.
Why is this stupid exactly?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
You do realize this is series where the main protagonist has clown shoes, fights with a giant key, and has an anthropomorphic Dog and Duck as companions.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll have you time-travellin', have your mind babblin'

I see Mindfreak like, "What's up man, what's happenin'? "

In all seriousness, I'm at the point where I'm just going to look at KH and just nod my head mockingly. It's not that bad though. I just hope time traveling doesn't then become a thing cause this means it's been introduced and it's present, and Xehanort is one powerful dude. I'm surprised he didn't take advantage of any other events.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I'll have you time-travellin', have your mind babblin'

I see Mindfreak like, "What's up man, what's happenin'? "

In all seriousness, I'm at the point where I'm just going to look at KH and just nod my head mockingly. It's not that bad though. I just hope time traveling doesn't then become a thing cause this means it's been introduced and it's present, and Xehanort is one powerful dude. I'm surprised he didn't take advantage of any other events.
YMX made a point to say that anyone who has cast away his flesh can travel through time.

I'm not. You gotta be very careful when dealing with time travel one wrong move could have messed up Xehanorts plans monumentally.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Luxord chracter is so lame, why coulndt he do any of that

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I have a feeling that this time travel shit will be expanded on in Birth By Sleep Volume II. Remember BBSFM's secret ending? It screamed Time Travel.
It didn't really.

With the 3D secret ending, it seems that:
- Kairi is at the Twilight Town mansion on a mission from Yen Sid.
- Donald and Goofy have entered into Traverse Town in search of Sora.
- Aqua at the Castle of Dreams in the Realm of Darkness is important for the "protecting the 7 hearts"
- And that Ventus might have possibly woken up.

The only thing I can think of at the moment that could possibly scream "time travel" is Riku looking at Roxas and Xion.
But if some of those scenes took place post-3D, in say KH III, and the others take place in this mystery game, then well golly, there's not much time travel there.

SRKxTAVxRAX

It didn't really.

With the 3D secret ending, it seems that:
- Kairi is at the Twilight Town mansion on a mission from Yen Sid.
- Donald and Goofy have entered into Traverse Town in search of Sora.
- Aqua at the Castle of Dreams in the Realm of Darkness is important for the "protecting the 7 hearts"
- And that Ventus might have possibly woken up.

The only thing I can think of at the moment that could possibly scream "time travel" is Riku looking at Roxas and Xion.
But if some of those scenes took place post-3D, in say KH III, and the others take place in this mystery game, then well golly, there's not much time travel there.

Wait where is any of that shown in the secret ending?
Is this not the KH3D secret ending.?
Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance Secret Ending (English subtitles) - YouTube
I don't see Kairi in Twilight Town, Or donald and goofy in Traverse, or any of that o_O
Must be another video? May I have a link?

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Do we know for certain that the brown cloaked individual is indeed Ansem SoD? Is it implied or fact? If that is the case and Ansem SoD time traveled to YMX then that would be a paradox, in which case I am disappointed. They could have done something else that may have been better imo.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Wait where is any of that shown in the secret ending?
Is this not the KH3D secret ending.?
Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance Secret Ending (English subtitles) - YouTube
I don't see Kairi in Twilight Town, Or donald and goofy in Traverse, or any of that o_O
Must be another video? May I have a link?
It's from the Birth by Sleep Volume II Secret Ending. It showed unseen scenes from previous games, and what can be said now, scenes from future ones.

S-E have been taking down the Volume II videos recently.

Forsaken Shadow

Do we know for certain that the brown cloaked individual is indeed Ansem SoD? Is it implied or fact? If that is the case and Ansem SoD time traveled to YMX then that would be a paradox, in which case I am disappointed. They could have done something else that may have been better imo.

Hold on a minute. What I picked up from this was that Ansem SoD travelled back in time to convince YMX to start Organization Xehanorteen, and NOT to travel down the path of darkness. Otherwise it would create the worst possible paradox and Nomura should know better.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

This. Honestly, as far as I am aware there are no translations for this scene yet (correct me if I am wrong) so we don't really know for certain what's happening in it. I'm not saying that it couldn't be some paradoxal loop, but judging whats going on by just the images is not a good idea. We are really only getting half the effect of the scene in that sense. I say we all wait for translations or the English version before calling shit "stupid" or "lame" or "cliche" and everything else people have been going on about. And if it turns out this is really what is happening then just complain to your heart's content :p

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Well, it had his voice at least :/

Okay, well it probably is Ansem SoD then I suppose. We still don't know 100% what is going on though I think. I know YMX says something like "This is where it all started" but that is all I know.

I dunno, I guess I find it weird that Ansem SoD is randomly the one who would travel back in time to start everything. You would think it would be MX or something... But I mean if thats what happened I guess I can accept it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Young Xehanort already gave in his explanation to Sora some of the limitations time travel in the KH Universe has if I read the translations on Youtube correctly:

1. A being can only time travel when it becomes only a heart, dicarding body & soul.
2. The being can only travel to time periods where another incarnation of said being exists.
3. The being can talk to people in the other time-periods, but events happening in said time can't be really changed or prevented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back