• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone else feel this way? (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Why would she do that
because she could, like she could realize all the lives she's ruined, she comes across a child who was orphaned by her at some point, like the battle of Hollow Bastion, grows close to that child, and she starts to care about others, and decides to help keep the worlds safe, basically, an adaptation of the live action movies, without actually using the plot, because the original had already been told.

Chie

Awards
Why the hell would there be a child maleficent orphaned. Why would that be something that appears in these games. Have you played a Kingdom Hearts game

vaderskywalker

Awards
Why the hell would there be a child maleficent orphaned. Why would that be something that appears in these games. Have you played a Kingdom Hearts game
Sorry, I forgot that these are still pretty much kids' games, but to be fair, Kairi was, technically, orphaned during the invasion of Radiant Garden, and I was trying think of a situation similar to the live action movies were Maleficent regretted her actions, because she would start caring for someone else, also these games are more mature, than people give them credit for.

Last edited:

Chie

Awards
It's not that they're kids games, it's what they would and wouldn't do.

Random parents and random kids in Hollow Bastion are not portrayed in Kingdom Hearts, they aren't going to suddenly start now. Maleficent's role in the series is to be a bombastic and endearing jobber whose simplicity is in contrast to the other characters. Etc.

When you're making a story you don't just do any random thing, you do things that fit with what the thing is to you.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Sorry, I forgot that these are still pretty much kids' games, but to be fair, Kairi was, technically, orphaned during the invasion of Radiant Garden, and I was trying think of a situation similar to the live action movies were Maleficent regretted her actions, because she would start caring for someone else, also these games are more mature, than people give them credit for.

Animated Maleficent cannot be turned into Live Action Maleficent in terms of characterization. There's no pipeline for that. If Maleficent were capable of regret or caring, she'd have done it by now.

Your best bet is to hope that Live Action Maleficent is on the other side in KH4 and that the plot KHUX/KH3 was hinting to in regards to Maleficent seeking the black box and book of prophecies is leading to her crossing over and confronting her Jolie-self. Now THAT is the kind of bonkers KH-shit that KH does.

#myfanfictionisbetterthanyourfanfiction #YMMV

D

Deleted member 246005

Throwing my hat into the ring, I'd love it for Roxas to be the new MC. He's my favorite.
He was cool in 2 but Days was a let down. Granted his goal is too abstract so you need to make it more concrete. He, Namine and Xion are all in the same boat. Someone pitched Xion hanging out with a group of Bounty Hunters so that kind of pitch is what he would need.

He and Xion would benefit from a Persona or Hogwarts Legacy style RPG where you could make choices about the character. Similar to what KH1 did in the tutorial but more impactful.

@vaderskywalker
If it makes you feel any better, casual fans tend to prefer the Disney worlds over the Xehanort stuff. So they'd be into the return of the Disney villians.

Last edited by a moderator:

vaderskywalker

Awards
our best bet is to hope that Live Action Maleficent is on the other side in KH4 and that the plot KHUX/KH3 was hinting to in regards to Maleficent seeking the black box and book of prophecies is leading to her crossing over and confronting her Jolie-self. Now THAT is the kind of bonkers KH-shit that KH does.
A reverse injustice styled fight between 2 Maleficent's, could be awesome, too bad we can't play as good Maleficent fighting evil Maleficent, unless the good one has a keyblade at her side, because we can only ever play as a keyblade wielder, but that brings up another question, did evil maleficent ever have wings, she's still a fairy after all.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
She has wings in her dragon form, I guess? Personally, I think of the fairies in Disney films--well, at least in SB's case--to be almost synonymous with angels. In SB Maleficent is on the side of Hell essentially, so it makes sense that the good fairies have wings while the fallen, evil fairy doesn't.

vaderskywalker

Awards
She has wings in her dragon form, I guess? Personally, I think of the fairies in Disney films--well, at least in SB's case--to be almost synonymous with angels. In SB Maleficent is on the side of Hell essentially, so it makes sense that the good fairies have wings while the fallen, evil fairy doesn't.
Makes sense for the live action one, but not the animated one, I have to see the animated movie at some point, the last time I saw it, was when I was, 5, 6, or 7, and I haven't seen it since because it scared me then.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
? It's only in the animated film that she mentions Hell and doesn't have wings. Remake Maleficent had her wings stolen by Stefan so he could be King.

vaderskywalker

Awards
? It's only in the animated film that she mentions Hell and doesn't have wings. Remake Maleficent had her wings stolen by Stefan so he could be King.
Yes, I understand that, but my question was if she had them at all, before the main story began in the animated one.

vaderskywalker

Awards
A reverse injustice styled fight between 2 Maleficent's, could be awesome, too bad we can't play as good Maleficent fighting evil Maleficent, unless the good one has a keyblade at her side, because we can only ever play as a keyblade wielder, but that brings up another question, did evil maleficent ever have wings, she's still a fairy after all.
can we get back to the original topic here please? I would like to continue this topic in the thread I made for it in the first place, I made it because I realized that I needed to put it in its own box, but I kept getting sidetracked, I didn't think the thread would get this derailed, my bad, is there a way to get that thread moving again? it's kind of stuck because I double posted, mostly by accident, I got so caught up in our discussion I didn't even realize we got so far off topic, it's called REDEMPTION, if you're interested, and it's in the dark seeker saga section, it was actually supposed to be a continuation of this topic.

Last edited:

Agroogrooiya

Awards
The problem is so layered im not even sure where to begin.

1) we have no reason to believe the foretellers or MoM are actually evil

2) Sora and co dont even know who tf they are, and they definitely dont scale to their level

3) their "stories" really lack thereof will be told across a million games instead of condensed into one or two titles

And more. KH really doesnt know how to introduce new casts and frankly it is irritating and painful to watch.

Back