• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone else feel this way? (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Like why are the foretellers back? I mean their story was told in the mobile games, why are they the bad guys? Or more precisely why is the master of masters the bad guy? Why couldn't a new villain be introduced in kingdom hearts 4 instead of relying on characters introduced in a mobile game? And the foretellers were not the bad guys in the mobile game in fact they were just trying to do the right thing, well I don't know about Luxu, but everyone else seems innocent except for the master of master. It feels like like there trying to force that plot onto people who only play the main games like bbs kh1 com 358/2 days kh2 recoded ddd 0.2 kh3 and mom, and yes, I consider bbs days recoded ddd 0.2 and mom main games, what are your thoughts?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I believe Nomura said the Foretellers are going to stand in Sora's way in the future or something vague like that. I wouldn't call them "bad guys" more like antagonist that are likely going to be misunderstood or ill-informed by Luxu or something. And given how they turned on one another by the end it's not that unbelievable for them to stand in the way of the current heroes, provided they stay with Luxu and MoM. We have to wait for the games to see what they do with them.

As for the mobiles games being forced onto the main plot, they've done that before with the previous side games. The difference between them and the mobile titles is they were ported to Playstation audiences to stay up to date.

I'm personally not a fan of KH4's story being so heavily dictated by the Age of Fairy Tales. It feels like the series just keeps going further and further into the past to dig up these villains we've never heard about, but are apparently pulling the strings behind every little corner of the KH universe. I would much rather have a new villain set in the present and do something new. This is why I was such a fan of the Yozora elements from ReMind, it felt fresh going into the unknown of Kingdom Hearts after a decade of knowing about the Keyblade War.

With all that said, I am interested in a quite a few elements with Master of Master's and the Foretellers. So I'm waiting to see more of KH4. I still love the series and have faith in it.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Like I said before the previous "side games" I consider to be main games and the reason I dont feel the mobile game should
be that important is because it's a phone game but to each his own.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
Like I said before the previous "side games" I consider to be main games and the reason I dont feel the mobile game should
be that important is because it's a phone game but to each his own.
I think everyone feels the same. But I personally believe that the state of Ux will be reworked in the future in a more mainstream way. Kingdom Hearts has a good track record for releasing remakes for games that have become hard to find/play. And since Ux has been retired for a year, I cannot imagine they will let such an important plotline float in the void. The offline mode does not count, it is impossible to navigate.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
The Foretellers are the definition of the blind leading the blind. They are 100% convinced that everything that the Master of Masters has told them is truth that they were willing to tear each other apart to figure out who the traitor was, when there really was no traitor. This is shown by the fact that they are all lead to believe that the one with the missing page is the traitor, and Gula is handed the missing page directly by MoM. They are believable villains because they will stop at nothing to uphold their master's will, even if it means trapping their entire world in a loop and abandoning everyone.

If it wasn't for the fact that Luxu has been interfering with some of that, possibly because he doesn't believe in the Master or because he wants to openly defy the master, there's no telling how long the battle between light and darkness would have continued. Not to mention that MoM also guided Xehanort which lead to even more issues.

I believe Sora may end up making them realize there's more to the world than following the orders or someone who abandoned them, and showing them the power of the bonds of friendship, and we may get to see their faces once they decide to abandon their ways. My guess would be Ava would turn first, then Ira, Invi would follow after seeing Ira go, Aced would then have some kind of heartfelt moment with Ira and then Gula would be the last because he was the one who stirred the most discourse.

These of course are all just speculation and some wild speculation at that, but we won't really get to know until the series gets a few more titles.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Like why are the foretellers back? I mean their story was told in the mobile games, why are they the bad guys? Or more precisely why is the master of masters the bad guy? Why couldn't a new villain be introduced in kingdom hearts 4 instead of relying on characters introduced in a mobile game? And the foretellers were not the bad guys in the mobile game in fact they were just trying to do the right thing, well I don't know about Luxu, but everyone else seems innocent except for the master of master. It feels like like there trying to force that plot onto people who only play the main games like bbs kh1 com 358/2 days kh2 recoded ddd 0.2 kh3 and mom, and yes, I consider bbs days recoded ddd 0.2 and mom main games, what are your thoughts?

This disdain feels wholly inappropriate...and nonsensical. It's all one story, the entries being on phones doesn't make them any less a part of the narrative.
The foretellers weren't innocent. They knew they were sparking the Keyblade War and they went ahead with it because each had a reason for doing what they were doing that they felt was valid.

KH4 will deal with themes of conflicting ideologies and perspectives. Who better than the Foretellers to usher that forward?

D

Deleted member 246005

Not really because I like the age of fairytale. I wish the next saga was set there completely instead of jumping back to Sora. Like the Old Republic or High Republic from Star Wars.

The bigger issue is how to deal with the Disney worlds. I don't mind exploring Agrabah and the other worlds centuries before but that be a bigger issue.

vaderskywalker

Awards
If it wasn't for the fact that Luxu has been interfering with some of that, possibly because he doesn't believe in the Master or because he wants to openly defy the master, there's no telling how long the battle between light and darkness would have continued. Not to mention that MoM also guided Xehanort which lead to even more issues.
how has Luxu been interfering he's been following the masters plan from the beginning, I mean yeah, the master said he was the traitor, but I figured he was referring to organization 13, he implanted himself there, to be second only to the "chosen one" the master prophesied (I don't think I spelled that right) would bring about the second keyblade war, and he did kind of betray them by a technicality.
This disdain feels wholly inappropriate...and nonsensical. It's all one story, the entries being on phones doesn't make them any less a part of the narrative.
you misunderstand, I don't hate the games themselves; I just don't like how they were portrayed, like UX, that could have been an awesome game to have on console as a stand-alone, same story, but not being tied to the current cast, it could have also been similar to Knights of The Old republic, (there are already similarities between Star Wars and Kingdom Hearts so what's one more) because it's set so far in the past similar to KOTOR, and KOTOR is an awesome game, and the irony is KOTOR is turn based, and who is well known for turn based combat? square Enix.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Not really because I like the age of fairytale. I wish the next saga was set there completely instead of jumping back to Sora. Like the Old Republic or High Republic from Star Wars.
Why does everyone want Sora to stop being the main character? would you want Goku to stop being the main character after the Frieza saga (I mean technically he wasn't for a while.) or the Cell saga?

D

Deleted member 246005

Why does everyone want Sora to stop being the main character? would you want Goku to stop being the main character after the Frieza saga or the cell saga?
I'm more of JoJo's bizarre adventure guy anyway so i would've been fine.

Seriously Sora got boring halfway through 2 and got worse over time. He hit rock bottom in DDD and I would've preferred if he just got retired after 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperNova

Awards
I wouldn't say "Everyone" wants Sora to be retired as the protagonist just like not "Everyone" shares the same opinion about the Foretellers. I personally enjoy Sora as the protagonist but like with every fandom opinions will differ. Kind of like how I much prefer that Foretellers or Yozora stepping in over the Organization for the fifteenth billionth time.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I wouldn't say "Everyone" wants Sora to be retired as the protagonist just like not "Everyone" shares the same opinion about the Foretellers. I personally enjoy Sora as the protagonist but like with every fandom opinions will differ. Kind of like how I much prefer that Foretellers or Yozora stepping in over the Organization for the fifteenth billionth time.
Again, I don't have a problem with the foretellers themselves, but how they should have stayed confined to UX, and Disney villains should be the main threat of the next saga, like maleficent with a new council of Disney villains should have taken over from where the organization left off, or a new Disney villain got introduced in kh4, like the Horned king leading a council of Disney villains, and that's another thing, I'm sick of seeing maleficent do nothing, she has just been in the background the whole time, the last she was an actual threat was recoded, they Either should have killed her off for good in KH3, or give her a redemption arch like in the live action remake. Yeah, I liked the movie, I'm a sucker for a good redemption arch.

Last edited:

Chie

Awards
Can you think about Nomura writing the series for just a second?

Like, think about how little sense it would make for him to spend a long time writing all this plot and then going "well, those were all for Mobile Games, a decision which was made by Square Enix and not me, therefore I should just ignore all of that, even though I spent much more time on this part of the story than anything else"?

I'm sick of seeing maleficent do nothing, she has just been in the background the whole time, the last she was an actual threat was recoded, they Either should have killed her off for good in KH3, or give her a redemption arch like in the live action remake.

I'm also gonna just go ahead and say that this kind of thought process of "if a character isn't useful they should KILL them" is sociopathic

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Well, how else would they get rid of Maleficent other than via death, she is a villain. It's not like she would go off to Bermuda for vacation, lol.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Why does everyone want Sora to stop being the main character? would you want Goku to stop being the main character after the Frieza saga (I mean technically he wasn't for a while.) or the Cell saga?
I actually DID want Goku to stay dead after Cell. Gohan had so much potential and they blew it with the extremely over the top and, dare I say it, nonsensical Buu saga.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I actually DID want Goku to stay dead after Cell. Gohan had so much potential and they blew it with the extremely over the top and, dare I say it, nonsensical Buu saga.
I agree, Gohan is one of my favorite characters, and I wouldn't have minded if he took Goku's place, the reason why it would be ok there, and not for Sora, is because he doesn't have any children to take his place, I would be more comfortable if his son or daughter took his place somewhere down the line without killing him off.

Last edited:

vaderskywalker

Awards
I'm also gonna just go ahead and say that this kind of thought process of "if a character isn't useful they should KILL them" is sociopathic

Well, how else would they get rid of Maleficent other than via death, she is a villain. It's not like she would go off to Bermuda for vacation, lol.
They don't have to just kill her off, they could redeem her, there is a couple of certain movies where she is redeemed and is a good person.

Chie

Awards
Why would she do that

Idk just play the games and look at Nomura's writing and themes and what he's interested in instead of making up fake versions of what would happen if Kingdom Hearts was written and heavily edited by a committee

Back