• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone else feel the game is lacking overall?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vanitas yomi

I really feel like KH3 is lacking. Like compared to just even KH2, the worlds and content feel so much smaller. Losing the FF didn't help and considering how KH2FIM was made like over 13 years ago, I think its fair to have expected just 3 alone to be comparable to a final mix title.

DanChaos1

Awards
Website
bit.ly
The game felt too linear to me, from beginning to end you always knew where you were going. KH2 had a lot of return visits that not only doubled the number of boss fights, but opened up new areas of the map instead of making the whole world accessible from the get-go. It's also obvious there's less items in the game (just look at the number of staffs and shields Donald and Goofy have in other games). I enjoyed the open-world aspect of the Gummi Ships, but felt it lacked the dynamics of the Gummi missions in KH2. I loved KH3, but I'm holding out for a "Final Mix" DLC!

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I really feel like KH3 is lacking. Like compared to just even KH2, the worlds and content feel so much smaller. Losing the FF didn't help and considering how KH2FIM was made like over 13 years ago, I think its fair to have expected just 3 alone to be comparable to a final mix title.

I guess I legit disagree about half of this lol, so maybe what I'm saying doesn't matter, but I really don't know what you mean about the worlds in Kh2 feeling bigger? They were all empty ass hallways in KH2. Just it was faster to get from point A to point B. Like I have seen some people preferring that, which you do you I guess, but bigger? They are definitely not. Also this game legit does have more content than vanilla KH2.
And I guess I personally don't think its fair to have expected it to be comparable to a Final Mix title. If they had put a bunch of time into making 13 superbosses and stuff, the main campaign would have less, and then you would be upset about that instead.

Like idk, you can be disappointed or whatever still, I guess I just don't agree with those particular issues.

Askelon

There were so much works behind each world, it is a shame that you don't have any plot reasons to go back in it like KH2. KH3 has so many downside point that i don't expect a Final Mix DLC to correct them all.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Lol yeah, I was kinda thinking that too. This is more like the fourth thread actually.

There were so much works behind each world, it is a shame that you don't have any plot reasons to go back in it like KH2. KH3 has so many downside point that i don't expect a Final Mix DLC to correct them all.

I guess the amount of collectables and such sorta was enough for me? But I would love more story. The only worlds that didn't basically make you go to every area where the Caribbean and San Fransokyo, the ones with the most collectables scattered about.

I wouldn't personally expect that to be addressed at all in DLC, no. Maybe...more collectables lol. Or bosses? I think battle portals for like every final boss is possible, but that doesn't really garner exploration per se. Just...a reason to go back I guess.

drew0512

Awards
Lol yeah, I was kinda thinking that too. This is more like the fourth thread actually.

I guess the amount of collectables and such sorta was enough for me? But I would love more story. The only worlds that didn't basically make you go to every area where the Caribbean and San Fransokyo, the ones with the most collectables scattered about.

I wouldn't personally expect that to be addressed at all in DLC, no. Maybe...more collectables lol. Or bosses? I think battle portals for like every final boss is possible, but that doesn't really garner exploration per se. Just...a reason to go back I guess.

Maybe more side-quests like the one with the kid in Thebes?

Veevee

Awards

I don't feel like they are smaller; I feel like some of the content is a bit unnecessary though. I haven't finished the game yet (I'm in San Fransokyo), but while the worlds feel very big, the pacing feels kinda nonsensical at times. Olympus did it good; the things you do feel necessary (saving people) and that running up to the top of the mountain from the city takes a lot of time is convincing. In the Frozen world though ... oh no, you get pushed from that stupid mountain over and over and now we have to reassemble Olaf because no one else seems to feel called to do that and we have nothing better to do than disturbing all that "oh no, we have to climb up there IMMEDIATELY, who knows what will happen otherwise" by making Sora find parts of a snowman. It kinda bothers me how many things don't really make sense in context. It's also kinda irritating that 25 hours in, nothing of bigger importance has happened so far and you just travel back and forth between the worlds and Yen Sid to tell him you've failed. Again. Probably because you change your current goal every two worlds or so. The wait for the good parts seems quite long ..

soratothamax

KH2 worlds are way smaller. They had more of them with less content inside of them. I'm ok without Final Fantasy. KH is a separate franchise.
I think the reason FF was excluded is because Nomura wanted this game to focus on the story first. He may add later FF DLCs...from what I see he will be adding The World Ends With You.
I didn't feel like KH3 was lacking. My criticisms are mostly of the gummi ship mechanics and game difficulty. But upon KH2's initial release I had more criticisms.

soratothamax

Honestly I hated having to go back. The worlds in KH2 weren't worth going back except in Beast's Castle. Pride Lands should have stopped after Scar's defeat but they forced stories there that made it more awkward.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
The inclusion of NPCs in a number of these worlds make them feel substantially less lifeless, something KH2 introduced, and 3 did pretty well as far as expanding on it. I give them props for making us treasure hunt for the lucky emblems and chest, which effectively takes us all over the entire map to find EVERYTHING. The only thing truthfully that turned me off about the design to some degree was the feeling of a ceiling or me being unable to occupy space I feasibly should be able to hover over due to the walls of the map. And even parts of the map that aren't the edge, I can't stand over.

I've played other games where you can roam around and platform almost any piece of geometry within the game so maybe thats why this bothered me a tad yo.

ImVentus

Awards
Yep!

I barely remember anything about this game aside from that one main character that was killed off. Essentially this game was quite forgettable.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The game felt too linear to me, from beginning to end you always knew where you were going. KH2 had a lot of return visits that not only doubled the number of boss fights, but opened up new areas of the map instead of making the whole world accessible from the get-go. It's also obvious there's less items in the game (just look at the number of staffs and shields Donald and Goofy have in other games). I enjoyed the open-world aspect of the Gummi Ships, but felt it lacked the dynamics of the Gummi missions in KH2. I loved KH3, but I'm holding out for a "Final Mix" DLC!

Even though you get to access other parts of the worlds in KH2 on return visits, the worlds were still just decorated hallways of heartless. Nothing was really immersive. Also, the other parts of the worlds weren't even that much and some don't even get any (like Pride Lands). The KH3 worlds are huge and some things were probably missed during the story visit of the world (since the game led you in a certain direction). Like I totally missed the forge in Olympus (and accidentally stumbled upon it during a revisit to find the emblems) and I didn't even think of checking the other side of Andy's house (I went straight to the street). I also feel like I missed a lot in the Ice Dungeon in Arendelle when I revisited and San Fransokyo was basically unexplored by me because I just did the story then left the world. You do have a point that the second visits resulted in more boss fights, something that I feel KH3 needed more of (especially because most of the major boss fights ended up being 3 vs 3, then 3 vs. 2, then 3 vs. 1).

KH2 was also a big offender of being linear, it did it way more than KH3 and at least KH3's worlds were so big, you kind of had to figure out where exactly to go. In KH2, you run from room A to B to C to B to A to C. I think KH1 was the best in not being linear. Wonderland, Deep Jungle, Agrabah, Monstro, Atlantica, and Hollow Bastion were all pretty non-linear and needed some exploration to figure out where to go next. You even had different routes you could use to get to the next point (like Deep Jungle sliding down the tree or climbing back down).

I didn't really mind Donald and Goofy having less items, since I only ever want them to use their original weapons or Save the King/Queen for visual purposes in cutscenes. I do think that this was the game to have way more keyblades because the forge/swapping keychains during combat were genius ideas. I feel like that feature would have been better used in KH2 because KH3's big thing was the keyblade transformations which restricted the number of keyblades that would be offered. The forge would allow me to run through the game with keyblades that would typically be weak later on in the game, but I love design wise (like Oathkeeper).

ZJGamer

I agree it feels lacking in many ways. I feel like that lost year of development when they switched engines is one of the major culprits for this issue. (But that's what ya get when Square-Enix wants to be so stubborn about using their own faulty internal engines instead of just jumping on a standard mainstream engine like Unreal Engine 4).

I think if we ended up with a world map that looked more like this:

Zone 1 - Starlight Way

1. Olympus
2. Twilight Town / Mysterious Tower
3. Toy Box
4. Kingdom of Corona

Zone 2 - Misty Stream

5. Monstropolis
6. Agrabah
7. Arendelle
8. Radiant Garden / 100 Acre Woods

Zone 3 - Cosmic Road

9. The Caribbean
10. Wild Jungle (Jungle Book)
11. San Fransokyo
12. Destiny Islands / Realm of Darkness

Zone 4 - The Eclipse

13. Keyblade Graveyard / Scala ad Caelum

We would be feeling a lot more satisfied. Especially if they had more post-game content like tournaments and secret bosses.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I honestly was expecting 2 more DISNEY worlds after I beat San Fransokyo. I was a little worried when I got back to Hiro's garage after completing the world and the only option I had was leave the world, that made me realize something unavoidable was coming up (and I was hoping deep down that it wasn't going to be the end phase of the game).

Awards
I don’t feel like it’s lacking in terms of world content. Worlds in KH3 take about 2 1/2-3 hours to complete in this game. It was the same for KH2, but that length was split into 2 visits. The second visits in KH2 barely took an hour to complete. It just felt like there was more to them because we had to visit them twice.

The only thing I feel KH3 is lacking is post game content. There aren’t any additional bosses really except that one, which I wouldn’t really even consider a “secret” boss. No way to re-fight other bosses (which was such a major let down since DDD allowed you to do this.) No Coliseum. Just not a whole lot.

Even trying to synthesize the Ultima Weapon seems pointless, because there isn’t any kind of super boss or major challenge that it would really be helpful for. Yes, it’s good for completion’s sake, but there’s no real reason to need it in battle.

I know DLC will most likely correct most, if not all of these issues. It just sucks that we’d have to wait so long for it and that it would even HAVE to be DLC.

Back