• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does Anyone Else Dislike Using the PSP?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I just don't like the layout at times. Usually it's fine, but I'm on the Vanitas Sentiment on critical right now, and the control stick just makes my thumb so sore. I just wish there was a way to hook up my PS2 controller to it. That would make things easier (and I don't have PS3, so I can't hook it up to that either.)

Anyone else not like the button layout and stuff? Even just a little?

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
It's close enough, if not exactly same, as the PS2 layout. Don't blame the analog for your losing against VS.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
It's close enough, if not exactly same, as the PS2 layout. Don't blame the analog for your losing against VS.

When did I say that? o_O

I'm just saying it's just a little annoying at parts.

I know it's similar, but personally I just find that one rough analog stick instead two smooth ones just gives it a different feel.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I havent played BBS but im hoping to get it by Christmas and if its anything like Dissidia and Crisis Core then I dont think ill have a problem.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It doesn't bother me much but yes, that analog stick can be killer on the thumb. I have the smooth kind but they're so big..

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I havent played BBS but im hoping to get it by Christmas and if its anything like Dissidia and Crisis Core then I dont think ill have a problem.

It's a great game. You won't regret getting it.

It doesn't bother me much but yes, that analog stick can be killer on the thumb. I have the smooth kind but they're so big..

Yeah like I'm not saying that's the reason I can't beat VS, but it's a pain.

Wish I had a smooth one though. =/

Z

Zulkir

Eh, it's a nice system, it's one of the best handhelds out there(if not the best outright).

In General, the thought that developers have to limit what they can put in due to the UMD size is a little annoying.

i.e BBS has a loading time for pausing the screen.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Eh, it's a nice system, it's one of the best handhelds out there(if not the best outright).

In General, the thought that developers have to limit what they can put in due to the UMD size is a little annoying.

i.e BBS has a loading time for pausing the screen.

fair enough .

jordand

I agree completely. My psp analog stick is missing the top part so it's literally a little stick poking out. Makes playing for long intervals annoying. I understand you can buy replacements. I just have to get off my ass and get them lol.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I agree completely. My psp analog stick is missing the top part so it's literally a little stick poking out. Makes playing for long intervals annoying. I understand you can buy replacements. I just have to get off my ass and get them lol.

lol i wouldn't be able to fight a flood unversed with that. XD

good luck on getting another one.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well, I think it's fine. I've had the PSP far longer than I've had the DS, so to me, it feels more comfortable.

Besides, my hands are pretty small ^^

Last edited:

WaveK89

Trying to navigate the command menu while running and dodging. Honestly, I have to keep pressing down just to get to the command above me when I'm in some intensive battles.

Other than that, I don't have much issue with the PSP. My circle button needs to be pressed harder to work, so jumping can be a pain sometimes.

THE GAME

I agree, the analog nub sucks. Its too small, and I hate the feel of it, like how its hard and has that gridded feel. After using it for a while, it feels like my thumb nail is about to come off. Of course, its not, but that's what it feels like. I have high expactations on the 3DS' slide pad.

I also hate trying to use the d-pad while using the analog nub. Its not much of a problem pressing down on the d-pad, but to press anything else, you have to take your thumb off the analog nub, which causes problems when im against a group of enemies or a boss. I actually think it would be a good idea to have the d-pad under the main buttons, but on the PSP it wouldn't fit unless they completely redesigned it. It would work for the 3DS just fine, but they decided to put the d-pad under the slide pad instead of the buttons, which sucks. If the d-pad was under the buttons, it would make it easier to change commands while using the analog, or change the camera while moving your character with the analog, for games that use the d-pad as the camera. It's not like you use the buttons while using the d-pad anyway, so it would make more sense to have it under them. so you can use the analog while using any of the other buttons.

Statistic

I have pretty smooth hands for a guy and the rough grip the Analog Stick does much better for me. I find it a lot more comfortable then holding a Nintendo DS. My only complaint is scrolling through the Command Deck when in a tight spot, it gets rather difficult at times. But I can deal with it, nothing game ruining or make me dislike the PSP System. ^^

DeathByKeyblade

ya, the size and position of the analog stick is really annoying. when i was trying to beat all the racing minigame levels, my thumb got impossibly sore.

teardrop

It's all right but it's not my favorite. My hands cramp up often and I have to stop playing for an hour or so which becomes a bother. The analog nub is just so little and the buttons feel kinda mashed together.

It is better then playing Days on the DS though.

Allister Rose

French Lover
ya, the size and position of the analog stick is really annoying. when i was trying to beat all the racing minigame levels, my thumb got impossibly sore.

true but that happens with any other portable game. my hands always got tired from playing gba
but either way, i didn't mind so much, i had mine for years. so i got use to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back