• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anybody know when Global is updating?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AR829038

Awards
It's been like three days since the finale dropped, and I've tried hard to avoid watching it until the official translation comes out, but does anybody know when it's coming? I just checked for the third day in a row, and I don't understand what could possibly be taking SENA so long. The FAN translators on this channel have gotten done in hours what the professional paid translators at SENA haven't managed to get done in DAYS, and there isn't any gameplay, so who else could it be that's holding it up except the translators?
If anybody has any insider info on when the localization is going to drop, please let me know, because I'm just about to give up and watch the fan translation. This is absolute bullshit.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Actually there is a boss...not that I think the boss is why things are taking so long, but they do have to debug that fight for Global.

Also Gllobal has always been this way. It’s unacceptable but also we all knew they were going to fuck up and drop the ball. They have been since day 1. Even when we finally reached parity with JP, they managed to fuck it over.

SE isn’t commenting on it, either. There was a stream yesterday for Romancing SaGa and none of the community mobile staff commented on KHUX despite half of the chat being filled with questions about it.

The game isn’t making them money anymore, so it’s absolutely an out of sight, out of mind deal for SENA.

You will either need to wait for an indeterminable amount of time or watch the translations. There are no other options here.

AR829038

Awards
Actually there is a boss...not that I think the boss is why things are taking so long, but they do have to debug that fight for Global.

Also Gllobal has always been this way. It’s unacceptable but also we all knew they were going to fuck up and drop the ball. They have been since day 1. Even when we finally reached parity with JP, they managed to fuck it over.

SE isn’t commenting on it, either. There was a stream yesterday for Romancing SaGa and none of the community mobile staff commented on KHUX despite half of the chat being filled with questions about it.

The game isn’t making them money anymore, so it’s absolutely an out of sight, out of mind deal for SENA.

You will either need to wait for an indeterminable amount of time or watch the translations. There are no other options here.
Got it. Well, that sucks. But you're right, it falls right in line with SENA's garbage approach to dealing with this title over the years. They've just been the worst.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
It’s really infuriating. I’m in the same boat as you — waiting waiting. Not much else to do I’m afraid. It’s a major slight against their global fanbase. Just some basic communication would be nice.

AR829038

Awards
It’s really infuriating. I’m in the same boat as you — waiting waiting. Not much else to do I’m afraid. It’s a major slight against their global fanbase. Just some basic communication would be nice.
For real. We've put up with month-delayed releases for six years now, and right at the finish line we get radio silence on top of it all. SENA should be ashamed of themselves, but I know they won't be. They're absolute trash.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’m clearly in the minority still holding out for this but my willpower is withering

AR829038

Awards
I’m clearly in the minority still holding out for this but my willpower is withering
I already broke down and watched it. I might have been able to go on for a bit longer, but the constant threat of running into spoiler-filled thumbnails on youtube finally got to me.
I'm pissed as hell, because I invested six years into playing this game every day, and at the end of it all, I can't actually PLAY the finale (and even if I DO eventually get the chance, all the story will have already been spoiled for me anyway). I feel so incredibly robbed. Whoever SENA got to manage this game, they should all be fired. There's no excuse for the way their team has treated this fanbase over the years, but especially not for this. Whoever it is, whether it's just a lazy translator or a lazy debugger or if the whole team is just lazy, I legit hope they lose their jobs. This is insulting, and it's unforgivable.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ironic considering discussion on the finale was starting to wind down and then they remind us Global still hasn't gotten it yet.

AR829038

Awards
Ironic considering discussion on the finale was starting to wind down and then they remind us Global still hasn't gotten it yet.
I still can't believe it's taking this long. It was already inexcusable when it was just a couple days late, but this...this is nothing if not a direct insult. They just don't care. That's the only feasible explanation. There's nothing they should need to do besides translate some damn dialogue, and a few fans managed that well enough in a matter of hours.

Katsagu

Awards
NOW

No really go look it just updated.
They really just dropped the finale without a message on twitter or anything...

tenor.gif

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
There's not even a notice lol

AR829038

Awards
Yeah, I'm playing it right now. I will say, the official translations do give a slightly different impression of events than the fan translation, but I can't forgive the wait time just for that. I really pray that SENA never lets this team near the Kingdom Hearts franchise ever again. It's painfully clear they never gave a damn, except insofar as they could squelch money out of us.

Back