• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does any one feel anxious/embarrassed when you buy comics etc.. from a store?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I don't feel anxious or embarrassed purchasing comic books or manga from local bookstore, because it's a cash transaction. I give them money, they give me book.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I pretty much tried to sell some manga at a comic book store. The guy said they couldn't take them because nobody would buy them or some sort of hogwash like that.

I do hate myself for selling my entire manga collection of Rosario Vampire and Rosario Vampire II at Hastings.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Nah, not really in itself nowadays. A few years ago, yeah.
I remember a few years back walking past a comic store and this girl I was seeing was like "You ever go in there and read the stuff in there?"

And I was like "What. No".

I mean, half right. I never go in there. I do have a shame shelf of dumb manga stuff though I ordered from Amazon.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
When do I not feel anxious is the better question. But no, not any more than usually, when buying comics. I care a lot what my friends think of me, but I couldn't care less what some random people think. I mean, if they hate on comics then we wouldn't get along anyway, their loss.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Recently I checked out a manga from the library and when I grabbed it, people (literally everyone in the freaking room) just stared at me as I checked the book out. Some had disgusted looks on their faces. I just wanted to say to them, "What? Is there a problem with reading now?" But I didn't. I ran out of the library and I haven't returned there just yet but geez.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Recently I checked out a manga from the library and when I grabbed it, people (literally everyone in the freaking room) just stared at me as I checked the book out. Some had disgusted looks on their faces. I just wanted to say to them, "What? Is there a problem with reading now?" But I didn't. I ran out of the library and I haven't returned there just yet but geez.
What manga did you check out by the way?

D

Deleted member 36435

this literally did not happen

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
No, not really. I'm really the demographic to be buying comic books I'm interested in, but I won't judge someone for doing so.

this literally did not happen
She most likely ASSUMED people had disgusted look at their faces, not known for sure.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
It did happen cause the library is small and everyone was crowded in it that day (so everyone could basically see me dead on), and the manga was Maximum Ride Volume 3 cause for some reason I love to reread mangas that I read like a year ago lol. I went to get the book really quick when my English class went together to the library to pick out certain books for us to read each day, then we would return back to class. That's why I hurried and ran the heck out of the place. I just felt really uncomfortable okay.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
I tend to embrace it and talk to cashier to show that i'm not really a social introvert that you stereotypically think I am, on the basis of the products I buy. I generally go over that persons day and what they are looking forward to, etc, rather than keeping my head down. Keeping my head down fulfills exactly what they are thinking.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Nah fam, as someone that embraces cosplay, diddly I look like getting in my feelings about my stellar interest. B]
Maybe when I was 18, 26 as of now we're passing the torch to the next ones that dig into it too.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
At least from where I live (Southern California), most people tend to understand the pop culture/popularity behind comics and that we also have conventions like Anime Expo or Comic Con so there isn't really any negative comments from strangers.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
God dam I am stupid, I have not learned a thing past these few months. Went to buy the new AoT volume from a store yesterday. Saw a familiar person near the counter and I started to get paranoid and did not get anything. Then thought it is probably weird if I visit the store again that day(it was pretty late). Stopped being a wuss and today went to the store only to find that the the new volume is not there any more, what the frcik??

latest

What I learned today: don`t be paranoid goof and just buy the dam thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back