• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does "2.5" make sense for the HD Port that includes KH2 and BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
coughcoughwhatpartofnomurahadwantedtoremakedaysdidyoumisscoughcough

KH3D could easily be reprogrammed and remastered for the PS3, but that isn't the problem. All of the models are updated and textures are already high quality for a 3DS game. The problem is that it is a new game that just came out on a system that is only a year old. There is no need to port because it is so new.

I didn't miss any of what Nomura said thank you very much :) I was referring to what Cosmic+Amarna said about KH3D not being likely because it is KH3D. Obviously KH3D could be remade for PS3, pretty much any game can be remade for PS3 (KH game at least). I have also stated in the past that KH3D being remade in 2.5 is unlikely for the exact reason you stated (it being so new still when 2.5 probably will come out).

BTW, you might want some cough drops, it seems you have a terribly nasty cough that makes you slur your words together and makes it extremely difficult to read. If not that, you might want to proofread before you post lol ;D

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
BTW, you might want some cough drops, it seems you have a terribly nasty cough that makes you slur your words together and makes it extremely difficult to read. If not that, you might want to proofread before you post lol ;D
Let's not sass people, alright?

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I know that DDD could be ported onto the ps3 easily, that wasn't really my point though. I won't elaborate because I think it was still understood.

kupo1121

Awards
Let's not sass people, alright?

I apologize for the sass, I just thought the "coughcough" was a bit rude and demeaning as opposed to just saying "Nomura did say so and so about remaking Days." I do understand that two wrong don't make a right so I hope no hard feelings were or are created :)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Everyone needs to not sass.

I'd be pretty disappointed if 3D was only put on the PS3 as cutscenes. It makes the most logical sense time/money wise, though.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
If they're not gearing towards spending time making an hd version of 3d, it'll most certainly be a giant theatre mode edition. 'sides, having all of my kh games for my ps3 is beyond convenient

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
And text in coughs aren't sassy? Lol...I think it'll be as follows:KH2FM (Playable)BBS (Playable)Cutscenes for reCoded and 3D.

That sounds about right to me. Though BBSFM would be cool. Also, I'm unsure about DDD scenes making it or not.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It`s probable that if not cutscenes, then some form will be included to get the story parts introduced in DDD

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I dont see KH:3D being included in anyway other then a trailer. It's still to new, on a current console and still available in most game stores.
It would be nice though, but would just hurt it's sales. If anything it'll be bundled with kh3 for a ps4 rerelease or something.

DivineRose269

By the time the second collection comes out it will not be that new. The first collection was developed in secret for about a year.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I dont see KH:3D being included in anyway other then a trailer. It's still to new, on a current console and still available in most game stores.
It would be nice though, but would just hurt it's sales. If anything it'll be bundled with kh3 for a ps4 rerelease or something.

While this is all true, it would go against Nomura's intention to gather the whole series so far on one Console for easier access. Add on top of this that DDD is practically the Prologue to KH III I would think that they'll try to include it somehow.

By the time the second collection comes out it will not be that new. The first collection was developed in secret for about a year.

That's correct, although including DDD (another Nintendo-title, on top with fancy 3D-stuff) would still increase development time no matter what.
On the other hand, Coded does not have that many cutscenes (certainly fewer than Days) and the story isn't as thick as Days, so including both Re: Coded and DDD as cutscenes may not be too far off.

kupo1121

Awards
What would people think of instead of making the cutscenes in 2.5, they instead made cutscnes and put it on KH3 similar to how FFXIII-2 had a summary of FFXIII's events at the beginning (mostly text with videos of the cutscenes)? That way, by the time KH3 came out, DDD would have even more time, and they'll all hopefully be on the same console (or maybe the next one if PS4 comes out, but I would think it would hopefully have backwards compatibility).

BagelBreath

Awards
What would people think of instead of making the cutscenes in 2.5, they instead made cutscnes and put it on KH3 similar to how FFXIII-2 had a summary of FFXIII's events at the beginning (mostly text with videos of the cutscenes)? That way, by the time KH3 came out, DDD would have even more time, and they'll all hopefully be on the same console (or maybe the next one if PS4 comes out, but I would think it would hopefully have backwards compatibility).

I can see them adding a DDD summary, but not all the cutscenes.
I'd rather they just add them to "2.5".

kupo1121

Awards
I'd rather they just add them to "2.5".

If they were planning to add cutscenes to either one, KH2.5 would make more sense, but the problem is that it is still going to be relatively new when 2.5 comes out, so giving it the extra time till KH3 might be worth it.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I'd be overjoyed to see them add KH3D cutscenes in 2.5. Honestly it makes sense since everything else will be getting some kind of HD treatment. Besides KH3D is extremely important in the series, and since one of the main reasons of the collection is that it's for people to be caught up in the story it would make sense to have it included

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think BBSFM will be in 2.5 because he needed the time to fully remake the PSP version for PS3. He says in every interview that time was the factor behind Days not being remade, which makes me think he's making sure that won't happen with BBS if he can get away with it and perhaps make up some other reasons.

Which he can, because as people have pointed out, BBS technically does end after KH2. And also like people pointed out it is part spoilers and part resting on the balance of stuff built up by the series. The game wouldn't have half the clout if it were actually put first.

What even was KHPC, I have heard of it but I never really understood lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back