• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does "2.5" make sense for the HD Port that includes KH2 and BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
I personally think it makes sense to include 2.5 not only because it fits with the whole story-relevance-playing-KH2-before-BBS theory, but also because as KH1 included a secret ending for Days, while KH2 included a secret ending for BBS...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
BBS may chronologically come before KH1, but it really needs to be played after KH2 for it to have any real relevance in the series. The only place it fits in a collection, is with KH2.

This is it.
BBS may be first in the in-universe timeline, but it connects to so many of the older titles (especially KH2) that in relevance terms it is placed best in the second collection.[

Vəntus;5923475 said:
I personally think it makes sense to include 2.5 not only because it fits with the whole story-relevance-playing-KH2-before-BBS theory, but also because as KH1 included a secret ending for Days, while KH2 included a secret ending for BBS...

The bold part is indeed a very sound reason as well. Not to mention Blank Points would make absolutely no sense when BBS would be in the first collection together with KH 1.

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Maybe when "2.5" is released they can make a bundle with all the games like God of War did and just call it "Kingdom Hearts: HD ReMIX Collection

If they do, I hope it doesn't come with anything special...then I would have wished I just waited. But how am I supposed to wait on KH in HD?!?!?!? I'm experiencing fear when I have no need to already >_<

Seriously. it doesn't make sense that they're naming it 2.5 when there hasn't been a KH bundle released before. They need to just call it 1.5 and be done with it if this is the first collection they're releasing for the game franchise.

I think 2.5 makes quite a lot of sense if you ask me. KH 1.5 goes up until KH2 (right before it in fact). In stead of naming the game KH 1.9, naming it KH 1.5 makes it simpler, summarizing all the things that happen in between KH1 and KH2. KH2.5 will probably include Re:Coded (and maybe DDD, I think it unlikely). Regardless of it, it includes just Coded or both Coded and DDD, it will go up until between KH2 and KH3. Thus, KH2.5 is born...

Awards
I don't get it either.

I suggested in another topic that they might actually have the gall to make three HD Collections:
1.5 (1, CoM, Days)
2.5 (2, 3D, coded)
0.5 (BbS, BbSv2?)

People might think it's too early for a port of 3D, but CoM and coded were both remade around two years after their original release, and a reasonable guess at a 2.5 release date would fall within that range. I mean, 3D's already been out half a year in Japan. And then, of course, coded would get the same treatment as Days- converted into cutscenes.

Then for 0.5, I've talked about how BbSv2 is not the game Nomura was referring to which got cancelled. Also, we've already seen the term "0.5" in BbSFM. Only thing is, this collection wouldn't have a third game to be converted into HD cutscenes (unless... KHPC... haha, no). And I do wonder if they would actually include a completely new game in a collection like that. Well, I would guess BbSv2 would be more like a CoM, a pretty big rehash of previous content (eg worlds in the RoD).

That would be the most reasonable naming scheme. Even so, I think we'll probably just get what most people are thinking, KH2 bundled with BbS and coded.

BBS has very strong ties to KH2. So, even though chronologically the title 2.5 doesn't make sense, it does make sense in that BBS is the "other half/part" of KH2.

BbS has strong ties to KH1 as well lol. Not going to go through everything, but for KH1, it shows how Riku was originally chosen for the keyblade, where Ansem's mind/clothes come from, how Kairi was able to make it to the Islands, etc. For KH2, it shows why Roxas feels/looks the way he does, where dual wielding comes from, where Xemnas gets his ideas/looks (this is better revealed in 3D, though, I'd say).

Like, I hardly see how it's any more connected to KH2 than KH1. Because of stuff like "You're not half the hero the others were?" That has so little bearing on KH2's plot, it was a throwaway hint at what was to come.

Secret Ending for KH2 FM+

[video=youtube;r8RCNgZWAeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8RCNgZWAeQ[/video]

This has nothing to do with the plot for KH2, though. A secret concept video isn't exactly strong ties lol.

Theta

Then for 0.5, I've talked about how BbSv2 is not the game Nomura was referring to which got cancelled. Also, we've already seen the term "0.5" in BbSFM. Only thing is, this collection wouldn't have a third game to be converted into HD cutscenes (unless... KHPC... haha, no). And I do wonder if they would actually include a completely new game in a collection like that. Well, I would guess BbSv2 would be more like a CoM, a pretty big rehash of previous content (eg worlds in the RoD).

Why do you say that? I thought that there were two games that were never realized: BBSV2 and some other mystery game. With the latter of the two being completely scratched.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
BbS has strong ties to KH1 as well lol. Not going to go through everything, but for KH1, it shows how Riku was originally chosen for the keyblade, where Ansem's mind/clothes come from, how Kairi was able to make it to the Islands, etc. For KH2, it shows why Roxas feels/looks the way he does, where dual wielding comes from, where Xemnas gets his ideas/looks (this is better revealed in 3D, though, I'd say).

wasn't that part in 358/2 Days?

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Why do you say that? I thought that there were two games that were never realized: BBSV2 and some other mystery game. With the latter of the two being completely scratched.

In a sense BBSV2 would be 2.5 if you think about it. And 1.5 would be the mystery game. Nomura has a chance to fix plotholes and advance the story from the beginning

Awards

— At the end of the secret movie for KHBBSFM, an interesting message that said ‘Birth by Sleep -Volume Two’ appeared. Is there a chance that a KHBBS2 will be appearing?

Nomura: It seems that many people thought that, but during that movie there were the words ‘A fragmentary passage’, weren’t there? That means a ‘bits and pieces of something whole’. In short, a story for ‘Volume Two’ exists that ought to be told, but the story cuts off with those scenes. Because of that, I won’t say there is absolutely no chance that we will produce a title to follow KHBBS , but there are no plans as of now.

— In an interview in the KH Days Ultimania, you said ‘I’m thinking of a mystery KH that made the producer go “what??”‘. Was that KH3D?

Nomura: No, it wasn’t. I originally planned to make that after KHBBS, but we ended up making KH3D and the project was stopped. It’s a shame, but we won’t be starting that project again.

This establishes first and foremost that BbS2 isn't the game that was cancelled. He says back-to-back that BbS2 does have a chance of being made (but there are no plans at the moment), and that the mystery game was cancelled and won't be started again. If BbS2 was the project which wouldn't be started again, then obviously it would have no chance of being made. But it does.

I can only see BbS2 being created, if it's created, prior to KH3 because it of course ties heavily into the Xehanort arc. Making it after that would be pretty redundant. So with that in mind, and knowing that we have all these HD collections coming out, it's just a matter of asking if and how it will play a part.
Remember, Nomura wants to consolidate the series onto one console so that it's more easily playable and people can catch up before KH3.

Having most of the series on PS3 but then leaving DDD on the 3DS and BbS2 on... what, the PSP? Vita? (or maybe even 3DS), does run in opposition to that mentality.
If BbS and BbS2 were a part of a "0.5 collection," I think that would be adequate. Because while we wouldn't have an equivalent third game to be rendered into new cutscenes, we would have an entirely new game, albeit one with (likely) a lot of rehashed content.

wasn't that part in 358/2 Days?

No. Xion does not explain where dual wielding comes from, Nomura has confirmed that wasn't her keyblade in the Days Ultimania. It's Ven's keyblade.
She was only the emotional catalyst that allowed the ability to surface in Roxas. In other words, he already had it, and she activated it.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
No. Xion does not explain where dual wielding comes from, Nomura has confirmed that wasn't her keyblade in the Days Ultimania. It's Ven's keyblade.
She was only the emotional catalyst that allowed the ability to surface in Roxas. In other words, he already had it, and she activated it.

Hmm.. that strangely makes sense. IF we forget the fact that they were sharing a keyblade at the time 358/2 was around.

So...

heart (Sora + Kairi + Ven) = 1 heartless + 2 nobodies + 2 keys ( ven + sora )

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Hmm.. that strangely makes sense. IF we forget the fact that they were sharing a keyblade at the time 358/2 was around.

So...

heart (Sora + Kairi + Ven) = 1 heartless + 2 nobodies + 2 keys ( ven + sora )

I think I got a little confused by Days. This clears a lot up x)

As for the secret trailer, watching after beating BBS and knowing some things about DDD, I have truly realized just how dark things have become. Dang.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I think it should be like this. KH1.5

1. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix
2. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
3. Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

And, Kingdom Hearts 2.5

4. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
5. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
6. Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded
7. Kingdom Hearts 3DS: Dream Drop Distance

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
BBS is essentially meaningless if played first.

Too much of BBS relies on KH1-KH2 and it would only confuse/spoil any new players who picked up the collection.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think it should be like this. KH1.5

1. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix
2. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
3. Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

And, Kingdom Hearts 2.5

4. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
5. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
6. Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded
7. Kingdom Hearts 3DS: Dream Drop Distance

Well, like Taochan said, too much of BBS requires you to have played KH1/CoM/KH2 to actually understand what is going on. Too much of the game calls back to what was in previous games. All of the built-up mystery over characters is effectively ruined, any emotional connection you're supposed to have to certain characters would be non-existent.

Not to mention KH3D is a brand new game on a brand new system. Much too young to be in a collection.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Not to mention KH3D is a brand new game on a brand new system. Much too young to be in a collection.

I agree. If there will be anything DDD in it, it would be just cut scenes I think. It's new game on a newish system. Not to mention I think KH3D was meant for the 3DS.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I agree. If there will be anything DDD in it, it would be just cut scenes I think. It's new game on a newish system. Not to mention I think KH3D was meant for the 3DS.

I still think 3D could be made for other systems, I mean, you can play the whole game in 2D and it doesn't change anything really. However, I think that any game that has only been on a Nintendo system has no chance of being ported for an HD collection. It is already hard enough to remaster all of these games and make them into cutscenes. Making one of them completely playable from scratch pretty much would take too long...

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
BBS is essentially meaningless if played first.

Too much of BBS relies on KH1-KH2 and it would only confuse/spoil any new players who picked up the collection.

I wouldn't say meaningless, more like it has less impact. It still sets things up nicely and doesn't spoil that much (though I might be mistaking here).

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
2.5 should still work. The majority of BBS is before KH1, sure, but that cutscene with Aqua and AtW in "Blank Points" is after KH2. Imagine new people playing BBS if it was in 1.5. If they saw that scene, it would be confusing as hell to see all those people connected to Sora, without actually seeing why Sora is so special first. It fits better between KH2 and Recoded. Not to mention the gameplay differences would be frightening, going from BBS to KH1. o_O

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wouldn't say meaningless, more like it has less impact. It still sets things up nicely and doesn't spoil that much (though I might be mistaking here).

It spoils a lot. In Kh1 you only think that some guy named Ansem is behind everything, then in KH2 Xehanort is revealed to have been behind everything. If you play BBS, you already know who Ansem the Wise and Xehanort are, killing the mystery over that in KH2.

Also, all of Blank Points shows characters we don't see until CoM/KH2/Days. Again, BBS is meant to be played after those games. Not before.

I still think 3D could be made for other systems, I mean, you can play the whole game in 2D and it doesn't change anything really. However, I think that any game that has only been on a Nintendo system has no chance of being ported for an HD collection. It is already hard enough to remaster all of these games and make them into cutscenes. Making one of them completely playable from scratch pretty much would take too long...

coughcoughwhatpartofnomurahadwantedtoremakedaysdidyoumisscoughcough

KH3D could easily be reprogrammed and remastered for the PS3, but that isn't the problem. All of the models are updated and textures are already high quality for a 3DS game. The problem is that it is a new game that just came out on a system that is only a year old. There is no need to port because it is so new.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It spoils a lot. In Kh1 you only think that some guy named Ansem is behind everything, then in KH2 Xehanort is revealed to have been behind everything. If you play BBS, you already know who Ansem the Wise and Xehanort are, killing the mystery over that in KH2.

Also, all of Blank Points shows characters we don't see until CoM/KH2/Days. Again, BBS is meant to be played after those games. Not before.
I probably should have stated that I wasn't counting the Secret ending. The Ansem SoD is really Xehanort thing is kinda the only big thing that really gets spoiled. And personally I don't see that as really effecting the overall enjoyment of the other games. You'd just know a little more then Sora and Co. But then again I might be wrong.

I agree that it's probably better to play it after CoM, KH2 and Days and before Re:coded and DDD. I just think it wouldn't weaken the game to much, if someone played the games chronologically, instead of in the order of release. It should however be bundled with KH2 and Days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back