• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does "2.5" make sense for the HD Port that includes KH2 and BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
1.5 makes sense considering it contains KH1 and CoM/Days, which both took place between 1 and 2.

How does 2.5 make sense with BBS? BBS took place before 1?

2.5 - KH2 + 3D + Cutscenes from Coded?

Where does BBS fit into this numbering scheme as KH0?

Discuss.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
It will make sense as far as "grouping" the two collections together. Although looking at the past KH titles I wouldn't give them another reason to come up with something stranger

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Bouncing off of that idea, what would be a good naming convention for a title that included both KH2 and BBS then?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
BBS has very strong ties to KH2. So, even though chronologically the title 2.5 doesn't make sense, it does make sense in that BBS is the "other half/part" of KH2.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
BBS has very strong ties to KH2. So, even though chronologically the title 2.5 doesn't make sense, it does make sense in that BBS is the "other half/part" of KH2.

What exactly within BBS helped answer pressing questions about KH2?

I felt like if anything BBS introduced elements that never existed in KH2.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Well aside from the secret video in KHII, it explains why Roxas doesn't look like Sora, explains what is meant when Xigbar says to Sora 'you weren't nearly as strong as the others', it explains the KHII final mix content, and (draws a blank). That's all I can recall at the moment.

Theta

Birth by Sleep also ends after kh2 so you could say that Birth by Sleep begins in medias res with kh2 and then is completed with Blank Points.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Secret Ending for KH2 FM+

[video=youtube;r8RCNgZWAeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8RCNgZWAeQ[/video]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So my first thought was "It's being called 2.5 because SE likes giving KH games weird names, even if they make sense or not."

It's probably because you can't play BBS without playing KH1, CoM, KH2, and Days, even though chronologically the events in the game take place before KH1. That doesn't really explain it, though.

I'm sure Nomura will explain it better with his usual ability to make things seem like they make sense even, but really it'll be them following with the "1.5" thing and calling it anything else would probably make less sense.

Well duh. Usually they render the video in HD and downscale to playstation resolution.

You really know how to kill a person's jubilance.

crash13

Awards
When I played the series in chronological order, BBS felt so disconnected because it was followed by 1. Maybe when "2.5" is released they can make a bundle with all the games like God of War did and just call it "Kingdom Hearts: HD ReMIX Collection

shadywinters

Awards
Seriously. it doesn't make sense that they're naming it 2.5 when there hasn't been a KH bundle released before. They need to just call it 1.5 and be done with it if this is the first collection they're releasing for the game franchise.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Seriously. it doesn't make sense that they're naming it 2.5 when there hasn't been a KH bundle released before. They need to just call it 1.5 and be done with it if this is the first collection they're releasing for the game franchise.

Huh? The first one is 1.5, which contains KH1FM, Re:CoM, and Days cutscebes. The second one will most likely be called 2.5 with KH2, BBS, and Re:coded cutscenes.

When I played the series in chronological order, BBS felt so disconnected because it was followed by 1. Maybe when "2.5" is released they can make a bundle with all the games like God of War did and just call it "Kingdom Hearts: HD ReMIX Collection

I'm assuming that to keep these collections cost-effective, they are going to keep them split.

crash13

Awards
That didn't stop them from merging the two GoW collections and adding another game ta boot.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
BBS may chronologically come before KH1, but it really needs to be played after KH2 for it to have any real relevance in the series. The only place it fits in a collection, is with KH2.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I heard the GoW set put in a download code for the PSP games instead of including the disc of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back