• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Doctor Who | Jodie Whittaker as The Doctor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
re: Doctor Who| RIP John Hurt

Im watching the christmas special its so weird in the beginning.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards

Its the episode called The Other Doctor the special that came out in 2008.

Semisubtle

Website
semi-subtle.livejournal.com

I know this show is ridiculously popular, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it. I gave it about twenty episodes, but for some reason it just didn't click. :/ Is the first season just kind of weak, and should I just move on to another?

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!

I know this show is ridiculously popular, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it. I gave it about twenty episodes, but for some reason it just didn't click. :/ Is the first season just kind of weak, and should I just move on to another?
i highly recommend watching episodes from season 4. and it really depends upon what kinda genre and what type of show you like.

Tremolo

You know I'm coming when you here a bing!

Ah. I love Doctor Who.
I first saw it like a year ago. There was a marathon on SyFy(its was Sci-Fi then) and I'm like, what the heck?
So I jumped into the middle of a David Tennant and Billie Piper episode. But when the theme song came on for the next episode I'm like WHAT THE HELL?
And then I was absolutely addicted.

Does anyone here like the old episodes? Like the OLD episodes?
I saw the very first few. But it gets boring. *sigh* Just proves I belong in the 21st century.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

I think I watched the first ever episode of Doctor Who but no more of that series.

Mostly watched the Tom Baker season and then the newer series.

Tremolo

You know I'm coming when you here a bing!

I think I watched the first ever episode of Doctor Who but no more of that series.

Mostly watched the Tom Baker season and then the newer series.

I think it's just weird to see a bunch of older Doctors when you started with the revival series.
But that's how the creators first imagined the character to be. A crotchety old man.

Shuri

Haha, I first saw Doctor Who starting with the new series back in 2005, as per my parents' demands. I think it's one of the few shows my dad has ever followed with worshipful tendencies: he has a huge Doctor Who companion book in his room that we flipped through right before the first new episode premiered. To be honest, Eccleston's Doctor never fully grew on me (when I watch old episodes now I see the beauty in his acting and miss him), but after Tennant took over I really fell in love. After Season 4's finale I was kind of in a state of confused shock for a couple of weeks since I wasn't sure how to feel about the resolution: on the one hand, Rose was happy, but on the other hand, I wanted her to be with the real Doctor. On the one hand, Donna was alive, but on the other hand, I wanted her to remember what she lived through. And then there was Martha, who got the good deal, as always.

I think it's just weird to see a bunch of older Doctors when you started with the revival series.
But that's how the creators first imagined the character to be. A crotchety old man.
Haha, yeah. According to my dad, Tennant's take on the Doctor is far and away different from the way the old actors played him up. I haven't seen but a few clips of really old episodes, but they just don't grab my interest. I think it's mainly that the companions aren't really given much of a personality: most of them don't seem to even want to travel with the Doctor, and even if they do the Doctor always seems to treat them as very stupid and dependent burdens he's grudgingly responsible for. Then again, maybe I just saw the wrong Doctor with the wrong companion under the wrong circumstances?

Shuri/Eli

krexia

Translator
Awards

Haha, yeah. According to my dad, Tennant's take on the Doctor is far and away different from the way the old actors played him up. I haven't seen but a few clips of really old episodes, but they just don't grab my interest. I think it's mainly that the companions aren't really given much of a personality: most of them don't seem to even want to travel with the Doctor, and even if they do the Doctor always seems to treat them as very stupid and dependent burdens he's grudgingly responsible for. Then again, maybe I just saw the wrong Doctor with the wrong companion under the wrong circumstances?
The Doctor's character did change quite a lot with the new series - but then, a lot happened in between (such as the extermination of his entire species). I don't think the gap is totally incongruous though; you can kind of see how his interactions with humans gradually lead to his current fascination with them.

Has anyone else seen The Waters of Mars yet? I thought it was very interesting -
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Raiko

Come break me down

The Doctor's character did change quite a lot with the new series - but then, a lot happened in between (such as the extermination of his entire species). I don't think the gap is totally incongruous though; you can kind of see how his interactions with humans gradually lead to his current fascination with them.

Has anyone else seen The Waters of Mars yet? I thought it was very interesting -
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I saw it last night and they say it is pretty scary but i have to say that the monsters was the most "scariest" yet. :/ but i quite like it.

OH yes i have to agree with you that John Simm pulled off a pretty good Master.

Can't believe he's back though. Im not surprised. But what i dont get is the Ood that appeared in front of the Doc.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Wasn't Ood Sigma the one who said that the Doctor's song was soon going to come to an end?

Back