• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DO YOU WANT TO QUIT?.. No PSP I do not now GO AWAY D:<

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheForgottenOne

Yeah there's probably a thread about this i haven't found yet and if someone can lead me to it that would be great. But When I'm playing sometimes the Would you like to quit thing keeps popping up, no i am not touching the home button, trust me i checked. Just wondering is there a reason why this keeps reoccurring? cause its very annoying and It makes me lose most of the time -__-

Ralz

I have this same problem, but it started happening after my PSP dropped on the floor. Luckily, the screen didn't crack, but then I started encountering your problem. This might become an issue when I go to level Aqua the EXP Walker way. This thing already screwed me out of two easy wins in Rumble Racing.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Wow. I thought it was only me. And it's not that we're pressing it w/o noticing, cuz sometimes I'd put it down during a loading screen and half way through, it randomly ask if i wanted to quit. Do you have other games on your memory card because I'm thinking that it might be the game takes up so much data that it somehow messes with the PSP.

Exavier

Hardware issue. My PSP did this 4 hours after I bought the PSP bundle on the first day of release. I called Sony they said I could send it in and wait 3 weeks to get it back.
I simply walked back into gamestop and asked for another one.
My second PSP bundle worked fine.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
This seems to be a common error. I've heard of atleast 10 people who had this error but they all said it was because it was an error with the PSP. I don't know because I never encountered that problem. Sorry...

TheForgottenOne

I honestly don't know it didn't do this from when i bought it it started like 2 weeks into the game while i was doing mirage arena so i honestly do not know whats happening and i KNOW im not pressing the button or anything is wrong with my psp because A: i put it down while i was on Mirage arena and it popped up and B: i played dissidia and little big planet for hours after this problem occurred with birth by sleep and those games were fine... jeez its so annoying -__-

Tidus14

I just had it.. sometimes. but when i set my psp on the adapter, and he is full of battery. then it isnt anymore..

metrifyx

This happens to me when my UMD gets dusty or dirty. Have you tried cleaning it? Are there any noticeable marks on it?

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I've heard it has something to do with the UMD cover not being read as being "closed" by the PSP. When this happens, the PSP thinks you're randomly opening the back of the system and it asks if you want to quit. Not sure, but I heard that was the reason and that the only way to fix it is to send it to Sony or to exchange it wherever you bought it (if they let you).

Megluxia XD

I had the same problem for a while then I noticed I played with my fingers over the UMD door. I simply tried playing with my fingers curled to where they don't touch it and haven't had a problem since then.

TheForgottenOne

I had the same problem for a while then I noticed I played with my fingers over the UMD door. I simply tried playing with my fingers curled to where they don't touch it and haven't had a problem since then.
Woah i tried this and it worked thanks so much! all i have to do is not touch the UMD door (time to curl the fingers xD)even tho it only happens with kingdom hearts but THANKS SO MUCH :D

Satoshi

It happened to me because the UMD was indeed dirty. I checked because it happened to other games as well, my LBP was dirty and when I cleaned it the problem stopped occurring. It still happened to BBS though and when I cleaned that one it was gone :)

good luck anyways, pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back