• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you want there to be more Keyblade wielders in future games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Do you want to see characters like Isa and Naminé being able to wield a Keyblade considering characters like Lea and Lauriam can also use one or do you think giving a lot of characters Keyblades isn’t a good idea and is bad writing? Also would you of preferred if characters like Sora, Riku,Mickey and Xehanort were the only ones to wield Keyblades?

In my opinion we don’t really need anymore Keyblade wielders after the ancient Keyblade legacy reveal,considering we know Lauriam and Elrena and most likely Luxord and Demyx have one i think there is enough characters that can use them already and even though it gives members 9-12 backstory which I’m glad they are finally getting some kind of backstory, I don’t think any of them actually needed to have a Keyblade as there was probably some other way Nomura could of gave them a backstory, honestly I think they should of probably stopped giving characters Keyblades at either Lea or the Foretellers.

Do you think more Keyblades wielders in future games is a good or bad idea? Also do you think that there are some characters that didn’t really need to get a Keyblade in the first place?

Rainclouds

Awards
There are more than enough as it is. Too big a cast isn't all that great as it may be hard to give each character time in the spotlight and relevance to the story.

But perhaps there won't be new characters round the corner, or at least not that many, and maybe they won't be keybladers.

We have Sora, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Terra, Aqua, Ven, Roxas, Lea, and Xion. More than enough as it is.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Any new OC will probably be fated to wield a Keyblade. I thought Yozora and his crew would be outliers but if they are the missing classmates they will probably get their keyblades back at some point.

As for the current cast I'm hoping any current non wielders don't get any keyblades. I'd hate for Saix to give up his claymore

cakito123

Awards
I wish they could just make the Master of Masters create more weapons of light, so it wouldn't get repetitive.

For gameplay reasons I really mind about having other weapons, cuz the Org XIII havoing such varied weapons made the bosses a lot more fun to play through!
As for the story I don't really care. I don't think a character fighting with a knife or with a keyblade really changes much nowadays. Back in KH1 and 2 Sora had to close those keyholes things and the characers were constantly talking about the keyblade power and keyblade weilders, so its existence was justfied, but now? Meh. Whatever. A character can be insteresting enough for me to love them having a keyblade or not

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think this bridge has sailed. Everyone has a Keyblade, so why stop now? I'd like to see Isa with a Keyblade, I guess. While I'd prefer a world where Namine is relevant without a weapon, I know that's never going to happen, and would rather her get a Keyblade if lack of one is the only reason she'd be excluded from the story otherwise.

Cumguardian69

Awards
We need more keyblade wielders, less hammer/yoyo/shield wielders. And I want to see them in action on cutscenes not just in gameplay. I hat ehow shortlived the keyblade on keyblade scenes are. KHXBC had neat fight intros like Aced v Invi but they weren't extended.

Awards
In the original game we were told that the keyblade chooses its master but when Riku gave a keyblade to Kairi in KH2 that all changed. And unfortunately that means anyone and everyone can be a keyblade wielder wether they deserve to be or not. It would be nice to go back to the way things were but it's more likely that the series will double down on Keyblades in future games.

Dark Rot

Awards
If we're saying what we really want, I really want them to just reboot or start a new worldline where Sora (or whoever) is THE Keyblade Master. I suppose the villain/rival can get one too, or there can even be multiple if they're finite and there's something special about each one.

I also like the idea of the keyblade being a character that can communicate or use its agency when necessary, or being tied to some kind of Lady of the Lake figure who provides a little context and flair. Dharmic inheritance of is also a nice theme for stories like this, so getting to know the previous wielder of The Key would be cool, and would give us an old Master worth respecting for the first time.

I don't mind the concept of anyone being able to manifest a weapon from their own heart and soul, but why's it gotta be keys for everybody?? There's not enough LOCK imagery to justify it, and frankly not enough doors and and chains and keyholes either. And now it's worse with the heartbeyourguidingkey thing, which just rots the potential symbolism.

If we're stuck with everyone getting a key, I want Dolan and Gooby to get theirs too. They're more important and deserving than all the Waluigis in raincoats.

I'm also open to a KH game with NO keyblades. It was meant to be a cartoon chainsaw in the first place. As long as the weapon is whimsical and can change up its appearance, that's fine.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
if i want anyone to have a keyblade its Master Yen Sid. even though he said he "renounced" the title of master i would love a backstory to that and see what he summons. it could be a master defender type with mixed with star seeker or a newer evolution of KH3 Mickey's new keyblade. still, aside from him i would love to see Jack Sparrow with a keyblade (because he touched Sora's lol) or even Leon (he holds the keyblade in KH1 before it returns to Sora). theres even probably more people who accidentally touched a keyblade and eventually summons one in the future

In the original game we were told that the keyblade chooses its master but when Riku gave a keyblade to Kairi in KH2 that all changed. And unfortunately that means anyone and everyone can be a keyblade wielder wether they deserve to be or not. It would be nice to go back to the way things were but it's more likely that the series will double down on Keyblades in future games.

edit:
in BBS Kairi touched Aqua's keyblade when she was a baby young girl, so eventually she was going to either summon her own, or we go by what was established in the story where Riku gives her destiny's embrace. whether they deserve one or not may just really be based off of the strength of their own heart like Lea, hes always been a lighthearted character even if he ended up in Org. XIII and switching sides from darkness to light may have been that special 'key' that helped his heart manifest his keyblade even tho he's never really touched one like kid Kairi or Riku

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
in BBS Kairi touched Aqua's keyblade when she was a baby young girl, so eventually she was going to either summon her own, or we go by what was established in the story where Riku gives her destiny's embrace. whether they deserve one or not may just really be based off of the strength of their own heart like Lea, hes always been a lighthearted character even if he ended up in Org. XIII and switching sides from darkness to light may have been that special 'key' that helped his heart manifest his keyblade even tho he's never really touched one like kid Kairi or Riku

Yen Sid performed the Rite of Succession on Lea offscreen in DDD.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Unchained/Union Cross have already normalized Keyblade wielding as something relatively commonplace. Arguably the seeds for this were sown in BBS with the Keyblade Graveyard, and now with the "ancient past" basically destined to converge with the present narrative, I'm not sure this is meant to be considered a unique ability anymore. We've been primed for a renaissance of master/apprentice relationships and Keyblade wielding as an art anyone can master with the proper training.

If anything, at this point it'd be erring toward more, rather than less, ridiculous if Donald and Goofy didn't get their own Keyblades soon. This is probably why the concept of Keyblade Masterdom became necessary - to introduce nuance/gradation - and I'd be willing to wager the next Phase will introduce some other kind of unique power (possibly tied to Unreality) to supplant the Keyblade. Oh wait, it already did - the Power of Waking.

Hell, Yozora made a mockery of Keyblade wielding by straight up stealing Sora's power mid-battle. Chirithy also says Sora will lose his powers, suggesting that Keyblade wielding just won't cut it in every scenario

So uh, yea screw it, I'm fine with handing out Keyblades lol, as long as there's something else more special like the Power of Waking

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
We don't need any more keyblade wielders, there's enough already. The way the organization was implemented with varying elemental weaponry made things interesting. After all, the new organization had how many keyblade wielders? there's only so much you can do with key shaped swords (transformations nonwithstanding) before it begins to feel redundant. Give me more elemental weapons, or just magic users in general. I don't need any more "edgy keyblade wielders" or edgy characters in general. Vanitas was enough, Yozora is pushing it.

disney233

Awards
I didn't even want Riku, Kairi, and Axel to be wielders.
Riku is the most justified to get one. Kairi should've summoned the Keyblade on her own instead of ridiculously being hand-given to her like a fucking present, and Lea's the one who shouldn't have gotten a Keyblade in the first place. HE DIDN'T FUCKING NEED ONE. Sora, Riku, and Kairi. That's it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Riku was a wielder in the very first game though
Of a keyblade that got destroyed and never appeared again.

Riku is the most justified to get one. Kairi should've summoned the Keyblade on her own instead of ridiculously being hand-given to her like a fucking present, and Lea's the one who shouldn't have gotten a Keyblade in the first place. HE DIDN'T FUCKING NEED ONE. Sora, Riku, and Kairi. That's it.
Souleater's a cooler looking weapon imo. Besides, Riku's fall to darkness was jealousy over not having a keyblade. Learning to get over that jealousy and move on would've been better character development than just giving him one of his own.

Kairi is a PoH and could fight using powers revolving around that.

Keyblades are treated like a promotion when really they just takes away a character's unique fighting style.

disney233

Awards
Of a keyblade that got destroyed and never appeared again.

Souleater's a cooler looking weapon imo. Besides, Riku's fall to darkness was jealousy over not having a keyblade. Learning to get over that jealousy and move on would've been better character development than just giving him one of his own.

Kairi is a PoH and could fight using powers revolving around that.

Keyblades are treated like a promotion when really they just takes away a character's unique fighting style.
If Riku shouldn't get a Keyblade, then Sora shouldn't either. It was never his to begin with....to which, I'd probably be okay with that too, lol.

Back