• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think we will see many versions of Pete?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoecho6

Awards
I know this is a silly as heck question, but I remembered Lion Pete in KH2 and am thinking about it. Pete might go to the Pirates world again, but since SDG now wear clothes to fit in, I wonder how Pete would look. Or Toy, or Monster Pete o_o. Or maybe they just wont have him appear in those worlds to save them the trouble? I kinda hope he does appear in them because it would be hilarious to see his designs.

Meow Wow

Awards
Even if they tried, no matter the world, nothing will beat the hilarious abomination that is Lion Pete

IMG_2071.png

I don't think Pete will play a major role in KH3 like he did in KH2. The seekers of darkness are most likley going to take that role in nuancing the Disney worlds. But I expect to fight him and/or Maleficent a least once, most possibly in Olympus.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If WIR is in KH3 I could see him wearing an outfit similar to his Captain Dark one. There is racing in that film so it would be appropriate.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I resent Pete for the Team Rocket-ification of Maleficent. And the user who brought up Lion Pete as an abomination is right. I'd be happy to see him take a back seat in this title.

sephydark

Awards
I resent Pete for the Team Rocket-ification of Maleficent.

Personally, I do kind of like having a comedic minor villain in KH. I just think they shouldn't have stuck him with Maleficent; she was a legit threat in the first game and Pete kind of turns her into a joke by proxy.

redcrown

Awards
I've already endured Captian Ass Zipper and the horror of his different designs enough for one game. The less I see of him in KH3 and future titles the better.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pete could have been a great villain but they played him up for laughs by making him an absolute goofball rather than a conniving sleaze like he has been shown in a lot of Disney media in the past.

That said, I doubt we will see any other forms of Pete beyond his normal form.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Yeah, Pete is one of those characters Nomura uses to put his writing team in an impossible situation. Believable drama simply can't land with Pete's ridiculous personality sucking up all the oxygen in every scene he's a part of, but they can't easily mitigate his involvement in the story so long as he's attached at the hip with Maleficent and her subplot. As a result, I'm hoping both of them will be largely absent from the game after they're introduced in Olympus. We may see them again in one or two worlds (I'm thinking Pirates and BH6), but Nomura has already stated they aren't really messing around with SDG this time, so I'm guessing they'll be waiting in the wings for one big scene somewhere before the climax which might shift the direction of the story, lending them the appearance of playing an important role without involving them too heavily in the actual development of the plot.

Orrr they'll do that other thing where they shoehorn in Pete as Maleficent's proxy in random Disney world scenarios while she schemes in the background. Not ideal, in my opinion.

I don't think we'll see many forms of Pete either way. I don't see why he would be in Toy Box (unless the name of the world draws Maleficent's attention, ha) and in Monstropolis he would basically fit in as-is. Or they could just re-use his lion form and really get some laugh power out of the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back