• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think we will ever get a 358/2 Days remake?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
Don't forget that the melody of memory team recreated old graphics style using unity. Now that the work is done, remaking days and re:coded would take them 1 year max per game. Not to mention that on their website we can see job offers for 3d character animation artists, so it is not so impossible for them to be working on that.
This would have two advantages:
1. not delay the main team who is working on the next big entry
2. regularly release something until the next game is ready
3. it's a good excuse to make us buy a ps5 compilation dlc (like intergrade for FF7)

It is really not impossible. Just wait and see. 👀

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Don't forget that the melody of memory team recreated old graphics style using unity. Now that the work is done, remaking days and re:coded would take them 1 year max per game. Not to mention that on their website we can see job offers for 3d character animation artists, so it is not so impossible for them to be working on that.
This would have two advantages:
1. not delay the main team who is working on the next big entry
2. regularly release something until the next game is ready
3. it's a good excuse to make us buy a ps5 compilation dlc (like intergrade for FF7)

It is really not impossible. Just wait and see. 👀
That's assuming it's just a straight remake with only the graphics changing. I would prefer a top to bottom reimagining.

1. Revise the correlation between Story Mode & Mission Mode. As it currently stands, every mission in MM has to first be beaten in SM. This negatively affects both modes: SM is too long/padded, while MM has no content the player hasn't already experienced. It might be better if SM had 58 playable days while MM covers the other 300.

2. More Disney involvement/bosses. Seriously the only Disney bosses are Pete & the 3 Halloween kids. Give me Gaston, Hook, & Hades at the very least. & how is it that Peter Pan doesn't show up in his own world?

3. New days where we play as guys besides Roxas. Let us see what Xemnas & Xigbar get up to.

4. Overhaul magic/leveling/rebalance characters. The panels system sucks, just let me level up normally without having to sacrifice items/abilities for it. & limiting how many spell casts a player can even have cripples the magic heavy characters compared to attack heavy characters. Some characters are just harder to work with than others, ever tried beating Anti-Riku with Zexion or Donald? It ain't pleasant.

5. Alternate costumes/new characters. Let's add Kairi & TAV as new characters because why not? Everybody in Org13 by this point has at least 1 other outfit (except Demyx I guess) so let's add them as unlocks.

6. Bigger maps/battles. I guess they could use the same maps & all, but it be nice if they remade the worlds to better suit newer hardware. I would like to visit Belle's hometown & Christmas Town for example.

7. Online & offline multiplayer. Online should be a given but splitscreen should be included as well.

8. Nobody summons. Org members should be able to call on nobodies to fight alongside them. Sora & other unlockable characters could have Dream Eaters.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
That's assuming it's just a straight remake with only the graphics changing. I would prefer a top to bottom reimagining.

1. Revise the correlation between Story Mode & Mission Mode. As it currently stands, every mission in MM has to first be beaten in SM. This negatively affects both modes: SM is too long/padded, while MM has no content the player hasn't already experienced. It might be better if SM had 58 playable days while MM covers the other 300.

2. More Disney involvement/bosses. Seriously the only Disney bosses are Pete & the 3 Halloween kids. Give me Gaston, Hook, & Hades at the very least. & how is it that Peter Pan doesn't show up in his own world?

3. New days where we play as guys besides Roxas. Let us see what Xemnas & Xigbar get up to.

4. Overhaul magic/leveling/rebalance characters. The panels system sucks, just let me level up normally without having to sacrifice items/abilities for it. & limiting how many spell casts a player can even have cripples the magic heavy characters compared to attack heavy characters. Some characters are just harder to work with than others, ever tried beating Anti-Riku with Zexion or Donald? It ain't pleasant.

5. Alternate costumes/new characters. Let's add Kairi & TAV as new characters because why not? Everybody in Org13 by this point has at least 1 other outfit (except Demyx I guess) so let's add them as unlocks.

6. Bigger maps/battles. I guess they could use the same maps & all, but it be nice if they remade the worlds to better suit newer hardware. I would like to visit Belle's hometown & Christmas Town for example.

7. Online & offline multiplayer. Online should be a given but splitscreen should be included as well.

8. Nobody summons. Org members should be able to call on nobodies to fight alongside them. Sora & other unlockable characters could have Dream Eaters.
Yes that would be ambitious. XD
But maybe not that complicated. It is true that the panel system is way to old now. It would need to be rebalanced a bit.
Re:coded however is fine as it is. Gameplay wise there is little to change.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Honestly I kind of would prefer for fans to make a Days mod for one of the KH games than Square Enix themselves putting their resources towards making a remake. I think with the games that exist and the possibility of ripping the maps from the DS version and just reworking them to work in KH2 or KH3 could go a long way in a fan made remake.

I especially prefer an unofficial remake, because like others have said, once you start remaking games people will ask for more. KH kind of already has that thanks to Re:CoM and Re:Coded. There's loads of people asking for a Re:Union X already, they'd only get more vocal if Re: Days officially happened.

Foxycian

Awards
358/2days was actually given a good treatment

1. It has a DS Game
2. It has a remake (Movie)
3. It has a manga
4. It has a Novel

Altho the game does deserve a remake but tbh it already has plenty enough to be satisfied from and overall just move on from it.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
A remaster is one thing, a remake is another.

Just update the graphics like DDD HD and have trophies/achievements.

Only thing new I could see them adding is a "secret ending" like they did with Re:Coded that connected to DDD. This secret ending would connect to KH3 and Phase 2.

I really could see Days and Coded getting HD versions for the 20th Anniversary alongside a new 0.2 like title.

AegisXIII

Awards
Cutscenes are already here. Some bubbles text cutscenes are missing and that's it. All maps are done (except one or two), but we saw that Melody of Memory already remade some of them. No really, I see no reason not to got for it while we wait for the next big installment. They need a team in charge to keep the past alive. Especially since the series require you to know EVERYTHING.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Cutscenes are already here. Some bubbles text cutscenes are missing and that's it. All maps are done (except one or two), but we saw that Melody of Memory already remade some of them. No really, I see no reason not to got for it while we wait for the next big installment. They need a team in charge to keep the past alive. Especially since the series require you to know EVERYTHING.
You make a good point that most of the modeling work would already be done, so it wouldn't require too much extra effort. At this point Days and Coded are the only two games in the series that are no longer playable, soon to be joined by Union X. Personally I feel Coded works well enough as a movie, but Days just doesn't have the same impact.

Still I do feel like with all these assets lying around it'd be easy enough for people to mod KH2 into a Re: Days. I much rather have Nomura and co. have their focus on the future. It'd probably only require a small team, but Nomura would probably want to add to the game and include ideas he scrapped.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I think I'm one of the few people in the fandom that actually enjoyed 358/2 Days completely, and I'm going to have to say no. It's extra work for the staff who could be focusing on other things. And I think they know 358/2 Days wasn't their best seller. Like I said, personally, I loved it (even if Xion was a weird [if not unnecessary] addition), but I think it'd take an investor with an exorbitant amount of money to pay the studio for the resources to make a remake, as well as pay for the man power (I mean unless that's the thing Nomura is excited for in 2022).

AegisXIII

Awards
I think I'm one of the few people in the fandom that actually enjoyed 358/2 Days completely, and I'm going to have to say no. It's extra work for the staff who could be focusing on other things. And I think they know 358/2 Days wasn't their best seller. Like I said, personally, I loved it (even if Xion was a weird [if not unnecessary] addition), but I think it'd take an investor with an exorbitant amount of money to pay the studio for the resources to make a remake, as well as pay for the man power (I mean unless that's the thing Nomura is excited for in 2022).
It's not extra work for the staff if you let the memory of melody team handle it. They should have an extra team in charge of consolidating the past anyway. On the marketing side, it would make sense as it would force fans to re-re-buy the compilation once again on next gen.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
It's not extra work for the staff if you let the memory of melody team handle it. They should have an extra team in charge of consolidating the past anyway. On the marketing side, it would make sense as it would force fans to re-re-buy the compilation once again on next gen.
But that requires actual planning and human effort (which we tend to avoid as a species lol).

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
indies zero's only experience with the KH series is with MoM. They have little to no experience with ARPGs, and even for MoM they had to request help from the main team because they were unable to make new animations. They also only have like 40 employees total, and not all of them are actually involved with game development (for comparison, even the remasters needed like 80 staff). They do good work but they're hardly fitting to take on such a big task on their own.

The remasters are meant to serve the purpose of "consolidating the past." They don't need to waste their time constantly remaking old games.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Like, I truly do see the appeal of a Days remake. Days on the DS was clunky and imo an unenjoyable experience, but I also think the time and resources they would need to put into a project like that would be better spent on something else entirely.

A good compromise would be to recreate every scene from Days and make it a proper film/show that could be added to future rereleases of the remasters. No need to spend the time and effort on creating an entire game, even if they have most of the assets made.

A better investment would be to create a proper X/UX console game.

AegisXIII

Awards
indies zero's only experience with the KH series is with MoM. They have little to no experience with ARPGs, and even for MoM they had to request help from the main team because they were unable to make new animations. They also only have like 40 employees total, and not all of them are actually involved with game development (for comparison, even the remasters needed like 80 staff). They do good work but they're hardly fitting to take on such a big task on their own.

The remasters are meant to serve the purpose of "consolidating the past." They don't need to waste their time constantly remaking old games.
I might be mistaken, but I am pretty sure the remaster of 1.5 took 2 devs only.
But I see your point. In term of assets, they might need some help from the main team.
Note that the UX team will soon fuse with the main team, so who knows what might happen.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I might be mistaken, but I am pretty sure the remaster of 1.5 took 2 devs only.
But I see your point. In term of assets, they might need some help from the main team.
Note that the UX team will soon fuse with the main team, so who knows what might happen.
It started with two devs dicking around but it quickly became a larger project of 80.

UX staff is very small, too. The company that develops it is even smaller than indies zero lol

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
At this point I doubt it'd ever happen. Pretty sure Nomura and SE would rather focus on the future of KH than revisit old titles, and they likely consider the "cinematic" good enough.

Even if they did, I always gotta think about the story aspect and given what was removed or given less importance in the cinematic, I'd take there'd be base-breaking changes and Nomura could even try to make new plot twists. And none of us wants to deal with the inevitable arguments.

ventus_magnega-712

Awards
As much as I hunger for another multiplayer experience, this is unlikely to happen. Plus, you've got to remember, Remaking days means remaking a game in which Quinton Flynn (former VA for Axel, current scum of the earth) or the replacement for him will have to play a large role in. And believe me, we've had ENOUGH of Axel for a few years.
I just looked into the Quinton Flynn incident. Damn. He was one of my favorite voice actors. That sucks

Back