• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think we are due for an announcement of a Kingdom Hearts game beyond DDD this year?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TepidShark

Awards
A thought occurs to me. Not since 2007-2008 have we been close to an installment's release without knowing what Kingdom Hearts product was going to happen after that. For example, The West was waiting for Birth by Sleep when Re:Coded & DDD were announced.

Currently there is nothing announced as happening after DDD, so do think this year will see the announcement of another Kingdom Hearts interactive product (Whether it be HD Remasters/Remakes/Collections, Birth by Sleep Vol 2, or something else entirely)?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
tumblr_ly6cblvriR1r9bjjgo2_500.gif

I'm sure this year will be a great one for Kingdom Hearts.

Considering this is the Anniversary year, I don't think they'd pass this up to make interesting announcements. For whatever reason I can imagine it going both ways. The announcement of a new game and an HD something. Since we have nothing to go on, we can't even really guess what SE has planned.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Any news would be great, but right now I'll just keep my hype focused on DDD. But if any such news does come out then I'll just focus on that for a while.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There is also a secret team working on an unannounced title, so there is a chance that some information about that will be announced this year too, please continue looking forward to these announcements.
E3 probably .

Roxas and Xion

Well, KH3 will obviously be the next installment.

I don't belive so. We don't even know when Versus is coming out, and Nomura will not stop to produce KH games because of that. So probably we will see another non-KH 3 game after DDD being annouced.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Forget about Trolliyama let's go Trolomura!!!

Serious now...i think Master(=D) & Chaser(=D) are absolutely right.

I think their not going to miss the chance to make an announcement/give details on new game/interviews and anniversary stuff.

Last edited:

Absolute

I just want to know what that mystery game is and if its really suppose to be BBS volume 2. Also, I would like to know why it has to be such a damn mystery. We all know that KHIII will not get 100% focus on it until Versus is released, and we still have like another 5 or 7 years before they even announce Versus' tentative release date. They need some KH game to fill that void, but why hide this game?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just want to know what that mystery game is and if its really suppose to be BBS volume 2. Also, I would like to know why it has to be such a damn mystery. We all know that KHIII will not get 100% focus on it until Versus is released, and we still have like another 5 or 7 years before they even announce Versus' tentative release date. They need some KH game to fill that void, but why hide this game?

Ikkin actually made a theory on the mysterious game and why it hasn't been revealed yet.

Serious now...i think Master(=D) & Chaser are absolutely right.

I think their not going to miss the chance to make an announcement/give details on new game/interviews and anniversary stuff.

=D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Serious now...i think Master(=D) & Chaser are absolutely right.

What, I don't get a smiley face? :O
Is this where Volume 2 comes in?
Possibly. We don't know what he might announce there.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Hopefully.
And yes, I'm pretty sure most of us would like an announcement this year.

If we don't get one it wouldn't be an absolute apocalypse.

bigbadcloud

what we really neeed to focuse on is not what game is going to annouce but whos stoty is left to tell after KH3d we have yet to see how 4 org13 members ture forms the rest of aquas time in RoD Dizs time in the RoD we also have yet to see the rest of riku/kings story and lastly if Mf is trly revailed in kh 3d the mysrty title will probley will focuse on more about his story.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't want to read through all post so apologies if this have been said but Nomura have said that he wants to announce something big this year.

IAMSORA

Nomura have said that he wants to announce something big this year.

Yea i remember him saying there was an "unannounced title". this is prob bbsv2 (i think BV2 should be the abbreviation). and did we know about the reverse rebirth on COM before release? because if we did, then this whole aqua/mickey rr thing is not going to happen.

Riku/Sora-Rule

Chances are yes, because here's my theory: First off, chances are, DDD will come out roughly 3-4 months after it is released in Japan, KH2 took only 3 months, but BBS took longer because of the extra features they added to the NA and PAL versions of the game. So it should be out in full by summer. then after there SHOULD be some news, I mean, DDD was officially announced back in 2010 AND then the "plot" was essentially released with it in October of 2010 with Japan's release of RE:Coded. so that is over a year of news, which, at the start, was in between the news and interviews for BBS FM and RE: Coded in America. so chances are BBS V2 will begin to get info and screen shots released at some point this year, and probably very soon, because, DDD is only 2 months away in Japan, so fingers crossed we hear alot very soon!

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Yea i remember him saying there was an "unannounced title". this is prob bbsv2 (i think BV2 should be the abbreviation). and did we know about the reverse rebirth on COM before release? because if we did, then this whole aqua/mickey rr thing is not going to happen.

It's not going to happen anyway, because it'd require an entirely new set of worlds in the Realm of Darkness and essentially double the cost of the game's assets. =P Reverse/Rebirth existed because everything in it (bar a few sprites and all the event scenes) was reused from CoM's main story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back